Please clarify

DeletedUser1410

Tribal Wars team on 06.09. at 20:34
As of today we have update the rule regarding internally nobled accounts please see below:
Any sit account being internally nobled can have its troops moved to allow nobling but no attacks (no "suiciding") against any other players are allowed

Tracey
Community Manager

The above mail was sent out by Tracey, but I'm now been told that the troops can be used as long as you don't breach the sitting rules?
Can I ask when this changed?
And can this be sorted once and for all?
It seems that everyone gets use to the rules as is , then they are changed?

DeletedUser1410

sorry but you can't even give me the answer that we all want?
posting links to something that has nothing to do with using the troops of member that have asked there account to be internalled, is saying what? that TW doesn't even know whats going on
Please just answer this question then.....
If I'm sitting an account that is being internaled and I have mailed the in game MODS and told them this can I use the troops how I want as long as I do not breach the sitting rules?

Yes or No would do

DeletedUser

If I'm sitting an account that is being internaled and I have mailed the in game MODS and told them this can I use the troops how I want as long as I do not breach the sitting rules?

Yes or No would do

[th]Actually - reading the rules would have done. I guess Tracey assumed you may have been capable to find them yourself. But she seemed to be mistaken here:[/th]
(2) Addendum for accounts, which owners quit or left the game:
Players, who quit the game and leave their account to the tribe for internal nobling, must send in a support ticket notifying the Ingame Staff. No extension to 30 day account sits will be allowed. The sitter is then free to use the account as he sees fit providing all actions are within the rules.
[th]And before you add "quoting the rules is not what you've asked for, Yes or No would do" now:

Yes.[/th]

DeletedUser1410

thank you
all I wanted was the question answering and you guys and girls know them better then we do.

DeletedUser

hang on in my service response i have been told there was no rule change but a change in the way it was worded to make it simple reading. sorry but even the dumbest person can see that this is a rule change and not a change in words

DeletedUser

"The sitter is then free to use the account as he sees fit providing all actions are within the rules. "

"Tribal Wars team on 06.09. at 20:34
As of today we have update the rule regarding internally nobled accounts please see below:
Any sit account being internally nobled can have its troops moved to allow nobling but no attacks (no "suiciding") against any other players are allowed

Tracey
Community Manager"

So - if we take these two together, my reading is that the sitter cannot suicide the troops in an attack, because that is against the rules as set out in September.

Am I right??

DeletedUser

As I read it, it is fine to use the troops as you wish which would include suiciding them as long as the owner of the account has done the thing below and been away for at least 7 days (I think)

Players, who quit the game and leave their account to the tribe for internal nobling, must send in a support ticket notifying the Ingame Staff.

I have come to the 7 days conclusion due to this paragraph in the rule below that one.

If a player doesn't return 7 days after his announced date of return (make sure, there's an ingame proof for it!), his account may be internally nobled.

As i'm sure people often quit then decide they want to continue playing and come back to their accounts.

This is how the rules seem to come across to me, no where does it say you can't suicide the troops of a quit persons account, yes it says you can't damage an account by suiciding troops but your not damaging an account of someone who has quit the game.

I would like to quickly note, you would need to still follow the standard account sitting rules of not attacking/supporting the same target but with the system put in place this isn't possible anyways :)

DeletedUser

[th]Is suiciding troops violating the rules in general? No. Therefore a sitter can suicide them.

The problem before we re-worded the rules: Suiciding troops always could have been legal; actually a player could have told the sitter to do so. But if an account owner came back and complained about his "troops were abused", then we had to punish the sitter.

This isn't the case anymore. If a player sent a ticket, explaining that he's quit - he has no rights whatsoever to complain afterwards, if his account wasn't used as he wanted it to be used.

That's the only difference. Technically nothing changed bar owners cannot report sitters anymore, if they've announced their exit.[/th]

DeletedUser

Tribal Wars team on 06.09. at 20:34

Tracey
Community Manager

that is not a re wording of a rule that is a rule change

DeletedUser

[th]Sorry, if you want to do some history lessons, get your facts first. Because it may look far less smart than intended, if one just tries to shine in front of the community - with semi-truth statements.

It was changed to what you've shown above for some weeks until the final wording was out and because we noticed in that time, that it would be wrong, the final wording of the rules allowed it. A player could suicide his troops. So why shouldn't a sitter? It's up to you to take advantage from an emptied village - just as if it would have been done by the owner. For you it doesn't make any difference, who suicided the troops.

I told you the same in the support system, where you would have seen your mistake privately. Now you just showed it openly to the public. I wouldn't have done the same, but that was up to you...[/th]

DeletedUser

the advantage is that the person sitting does not lose any of his own troops as he or she has sent the troops from a player that does not play anymore then 1 of his or her tribe members nobles the empty villa which of course they know about. the fairest way for all would have been to leave the no suiciding bit in and move them for the tribe to noble of which fate have been adhering to but obviously this does not suit other tribes

which i also put in the support system

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

the advantage is that the person sitting does not lose any of his own troops as he or she has sent the troops from a player that does not play anymore then 1 of his or her tribe members nobles the empty villa which of course they know about. the fairest way for all would have been to leave the no suiciding bit in and move them for the tribe to noble of which fate have been adhering to but obviously this does not suit other tribes

which i also put in the support system

[th]What if a player states: "We're at war with tribe xxxx. I'm leaving the game now and want my sitter to fire all my units at them."

THAT exactly happens far more often than players complaining about an account suicided his troops. How would you know, that this didn't happen in your case? What if the quitting player left instruction to the sitter "attack ched1957 - he annoyed me all the time!"? Then how would it be fair to forbid that last wish of a quitting player, because you personally feel it would be unjustified?

Just because you cannot see any other point than your own, it doesn't mean they don't exist. The fairest way would be disallowing any attacks - no-one could complain anymore about unjustified suicidal of armies. As long as this is a strategical war game it should be allowed to use troops to attack an enemy with them.

And please, stop swearing. I told you already that it never is a good sign, if someone starts to swear, because he's running out of arguments.
[/th]

DeletedUser1410

In my view, the rules were changed so you couldn't get the upper hand by using troops from a sat account ( or quit account )
But the mail that was sent first by Tracey said we can't do this.
Then a mail was sent out saying that the rules have been sorted?

So why could you just mail everyone saying you can now use sat / quit accounts how you want in stead of making us search through things?
you say your trying to help the game get better, but the new rules that everyone should know are never in plan English.

To me most of the time the rules are change because so many people don't like the way the rules are.

If you did a poll and found out how many people new about the new rule change about suiciding troops, Because I didn't, hence my first post.

TW staff have lots of things to think about but as a player and one that pays to play maybe the TW staff need to see the big picture, we pay to play and there for we should have the ultimate decision about the rules, what they should be or not be?

DeletedUser

So why could you just mail everyone saying you can now use sat / quit accounts how you want in stead of making us search through things?
you say your trying to help the game get better, but the new rules that everyone should know are never in plan English.

To me most of the time the rules are change because so many people don't like the way the rules are.

If you did a poll and found out how many people new about the new rule change about suiciding troops, Because I didn't, hence my first post.

TW staff have lots of things to think about but as a player and one that pays to play maybe the TW staff need to see the big picture, we pay to play and there for we should have the ultimate decision about the rules, what they should be or not be?
[th]You're welcome to suggest a better wording of the rules. Just send a ticket or private mail. Sadly we gave the community exactly this option for roughly two weeks in this forums, whilst we overhauled the rules. Though people rather spammed the threads instead of helping to find the correct wording. If they are still not understandable, why didn't we get more input back then when there was a chance for it?

And actually the rules weren't completely changed. If a player in the past (before all those re-wording/changing) asked his sitter to suicide his troops, because he will quit, then it was allowed. Yet - and this was one of the reasons, why we had to clarify things - if such a player in fact was a spy from another tribe, he just came back, reported the sitter for abuse of his account and then we punished the sitter. This is just one possible scenario, which we've tried to stop. If a player states that he quit, the sitter cannot get punished anymore for his actions as a sitter. And he can do with the troops, whatever an owner would be allowed to do. Suciding against unwanted targets included. That's the whole idea behind it.

As for the poll: Never think that the "loud" opinion of the forums is the one of the majority ingame. There were such polls in other versions, which exactly showed, that the rules had to be clarified and adjusted to their actual form. People tend to go into the forums to complain, if they are not satisfied - rarely, very, very rarely they come to the forums to say "Yes, the rules are correct", although latter may be the majority. So the big picture about the "community's opinion" can not be taken from the public forums.

An example here in the UK version was something, which surprised us as staff as well: A vast majority of players love archer worlds, paladins and items. Although it doesn't appear like this, if someone is reading the forums.[/th]

DeletedUser

I have a quick question regarding this topic.

Say I decide to quit my account and tell the sitter I sent in a ticket but didn't actually send in a ticket and the sitter suicided my troops then I decided to return and claimed he abused my account. note all discussions was done on skype and not in-game so there is no proof for the poor sitter.

Is there any way you let the sitter know the player actually sent in a ticket or is it just a case of they need to trust the owner to have done this?

DeletedUser1410

Its the sitter that has to send the ticket.
and he has to prove by in game mail that you have said you have quit and told him to internal you and use the troops
once the in game MODS have replied then and only then can the sitter start to use the troops and get the villages internalled

DeletedUser

do we as players ever get to see these tickets in open forum ???? and if not why not ???

DeletedUser

do we as players ever get to see these tickets in open forum ???? and if not why not ???

[th]No, you won't. Simply because it's none of your business. InnoGames' policy clearly states, that no ticket whatsoever could be discussed with a third party. Additionally there's absolutely no reason for you to see that ticket at all.

You can report a player, if you think he violated the rules. And that's where your task ends in such issues. Any further action will be taken by the staff. Either by ignoring the accusation, because it wasn't justified, or by punishing the reported player, if the staff could find an evidence for a breach of rules.

Simple story.[/th]

DeletedUser1410

can I ask
If a dead or account that has been sat and is going to be internalled, the troops can be used but can I use that account to noble other villages?