PP gone too far

• Thread starter DeletedUser4753
  • Start date

DeletedUser4753

Think the pp debate has gone on loads too much, n various views are still held firlmly

myself i dont like them, but if ppl wanna use, then thanks for paying over the odds for mi game :icon_wink:

But, i have a more mmm "good sportsmanship" view on pp with regard to w13

Now if ppl all start equal on a world and ppl wanna fork out to get a bit ahead, then well thats thier call, i guess one could argue, some people got time, some people got money right?

But i do see a clear difference in w13

Main showdown atm is xprd vs help!

.Xprd are twice the size of help!
.Xprd have id guestimate maybe as much as 50% extra co' players

Now this is imo mooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar than enough to beat down a enemy right?

Far more active + twice the size is pretty good odds

And yet undeniably xprd's pp usage is off the charts.

Ill give some examples.

Xprd whilst having complete dominance of a area get caught with pants down, get caugh having to block nuke nobles on a 0 wall village, these things happen right. in this particular situation was no way we was going to get the village, but i guess inflict some fair troops kills, and yet wall gets insta pp'd

We have andyh and haphaz, both severe turtles who are happy to throw away ridiculous amounts of troops away due to size, and yet frantically hit the instant walls or instant village construction when they get a few random incomings. Haphaz is capable of capping 30 or so enemy vills a week when sumone crumbles, why abuse pp which might make 30 not become say 28 due to recaps? Its just crazy.

So i have but 2 queries.

1. Is it really needed, i mean we can all imagine what happens when a 300lb fighter gets in the ring with a 120lb fighter. your already 250lb's without pp, is it really needed and does it really add much to anyone's enjoyment, afterall domination via money isnt rly domination is it?

2. Is it a sign of frailty, yea with the size difference its easy to spam the launch nuke button n steam role a lot of players, but are xprd despite the size still insecure?

What do peeps reckon, pp gone too far?

DeletedUser

HATERS GON' HATE!

D1, please refrain from using a debate without factual information. I have only got 12 co players.

That's not too much, right?

DeletedUser1942

If people have the money to spend on this, then fair play to them.
It is apart of the game and is something people will use when they see fit.

There is never ever going to be a fair battle on tribal wars, there will always be someone with more troops, villages, time, knowledge etc etc etc.

Just gotta get on with it ;)

DeletedUser10619

I'm reading this and have to ask, is this thread about PP or more about PnP??

People on the struggling side, always find reason, or excuse to explain their demise and struggles. Be it a lower league football team being battered by the Premier League side, or the fat kid moaning why the slimmer athletic kid getting all the ladies.

But the answer as always is simple, the playing field always starts level, we all have the same abilities as everyone else, we can all choose how much effort we decide to put in, and this determines how well or poorly we will do.

So in this instance, perhaps you and your buddies need to look closer to home, rather than look for excuses. And ask yourself "could i have have got more of the ladies attention if I wasnt so tubby?"

DeletedUser4753

I'm reading this and have to ask, is this thread about PP or more about PnP??

People on the struggling side, always find reason, or excuse to explain their demise and struggles. Be it a lower league football team being battered by the Premier League side, or the fat kid moaning why the slimmer athletic kid getting all the ladies.

But the answer as always is simple, the playing field always starts level, we all have the same abilities as everyone else, we can all choose how much effort we decide to put in, and this determines how well or poorly we will do.

So in this instance, perhaps you and your buddies need to look closer to home, rather than look for excuses. And ask yourself "could i have have got more of the ladies attention if I wasnt so tubby?"

Thats a bit delusional, how is one set of players ability to blow money like no tommorow equal?

struggling in one sense i suppose, but then if we talk about comparative u do seem to struggle more than you should, why else pp spam?

DeletedUser

In my oh so humble opinion, it is an advantage. However it is also an advantage that both sides of the war can have.

My view is, account manager is an unfair advantage. I use it, but it's unfair. I can sign out for 2 days and my account still looks active. But if every single person is allowed it, it is fair. Despite certain people (including myself) disagreeing with it.

Peace out.

DeletedUser10619

I think we need to set the record straight just a little here.

If players on our side of this war, choose to pay to increase their chances of succeeding then that is up to them, but as we both know, players on your side do it all to often as well. Please do not let the 5 or 6 people that actually read these forums think that this war is a tribal wars version of Richard Branson vs Jimmy Cranky

Our current lead is 53 million points
We have nobled 1,307 villages from you
You have nobled 166 from us

Quite a difference wouldnt you say - no amount of pp'ing could bring about those staggering stats.

Our dominance of this war is down to the hard work, committment and excellent team play of our members.

In this instance PP would be better standing for Proactive Play, or from your side of things perhaps Pondering pansies.

DeletedUser

Hey! Take all of that back.

Help are doing wonderful.

I hear you all ask how exactly? Well this print shot captures it in a nutshell:

4MHFM.png

We have only nobled 08.03% more off them than they have nobled off themselves. As you can see, they are hitting themselves pretty damn hard.. Keep up the good work guys, I am rooting for you!

DeletedUser

Dan you do like your stats ;) You know if Maxine comes out you'll start wetting yourself though!

I think what Mr sb007ck says makes some sense, in a nutshell life ain't fair!

But when you have played in the old days, then come to 13 to find you've knocked a wall to 0 with the nobles rolling in, and it's back to 20.. quite frustrating, eh?

Peace.

DeletedUser

Yeah, stats are the only thing that counts. Shows activity levels with attacking and defending. Can see if they get the job done or not ;) Is that wetting myself because I am scared or wetting myself because I am contempt with excitement?

But look at the old days with no account manager/farming assistant. I remember sorting my 10 mil account out, took me literally all day.

Let's just all face it, I rock, you don't. Deal with it.

DeletedUser4753

I think we need to set the record straight just a little here.

If players on our side of this war, choose to pay to increase their chances of succeeding then that is up to them, but as we both know, players on your side do it all to often as well. Please do not let the 5 or 6 people that actually read these forums think that this war is a tribal wars version of Richard Branson vs Jimmy Cranky

Our current lead is 53 million points
We have nobled 1,307 villages from you
You have nobled 166 from us

Quite a difference wouldnt you say - no amount of pp'ing could bring about those staggering stats.

Our dominance of this war is down to the hard work, committment and excellent team play of our members.

In this instance PP would be better standing for Proactive Play, or from your side of things perhaps Pondering pansies.

See i read what dan says n think ah ok fair point, someone who isnt insane.

But the the deluded duke comes along n makes a mockery out of logical thinking.

no one said xprd are ahead cuz of pp

no one said xprd arnt pro at hitting accounts half as active and half as wealthy as yours

We know this

but team play.... just no.
Hardwork??? didnt think rounding up the unfaithfuls, the traitors of w13 and severly abusing diplomacy is hard, granted effective but dont think ya got a sweat on.

that said i cant abuse you too much, you wasnt crazy enough to claim ppl in xprd are at all able so ill let u off.

DeletedUser

"dan says n think ah ok fair point, someone who isnt insane" - debatable

DeletedUser4753

As for mutual pp users, lets compare pp logs eh, show the tw community the cost of looking good.

iv'e spent in total on micro pp payments..... 10 pp!!!!!!!! yes i did a market trade to see if it did what i wanted, and even then was like ugh im a pp nub.

compared to.

sb007ck
hap
andy
mhill
barrdi
barbatex

amongst many others im sure who evidently suck and need to use pp

DeletedUser10619

I will admit i have used pp twice i think to build a wall quickly, but even then i didnt go to mad with it, just to half the duration a couple of times.

But to be honest i have always seen your point of view on this, I too would like it to go back to the old days of no pp boosting, and i'm glad we can agree that players of both sides have taken advantage of this.

And as for deluded, of course i am, its part of my charm

DeletedUser4753

im sure we could argue till the end who spends what etc, i was merely trying to raise the point of lets take hap for example 3x the size of any help players bar joby and yet needs pp to hold a village? i personally just dont understand why certain players feel the need for additional advantages when if we are being honest the worlds xprd's to lose?