Previously Deleted Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser10790

Afternoon all,

This thread is entirely on topic as it refers directly to many uk15 players.

Some of us find the forum rules bamboozling.

We get infacted for censoring out words with **'s, but people have directly insulted others without it being removed. This prompted us to run an experiment We posted quotes from a skype convo we have the other day. Several of us have been infracted for our use of ***'s while supposedly editing out insulting vocab. However, observe the actual convo:

Skypeconvo_zps333861c1.png

As you can see there was no editing, the original convo was clean, making our infractions somewhat redundant.
Phil, i'm sure you agree with this, would you please remove the stain on my forum record?

blue

DeletedUser

wonder how long till they try sweep this under the carpet?

DeletedUser10790

To add to this:

We don't just go "Oh there's a post with stars in it, lets infract it", we look at the context in which it has been used, which 99% of the time it is disguising a swear word or insult.

I'm assuming this is the 1% where the ***'s are not disguising swear words or insults.

blue

DeletedUser

I agree... :icon_redface:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just like watching stuff Jeremy Kyle before watershed really :lol:

DeletedUser4083

From what I can see from that screenshot the stars that were used in skype were still being used to cover up swear words and insults, based on the context of the conversation, even if the whole conversation was created purely to test the forum rules. If you wish to appeal warnings/infractions then you can mail me or the forum admin and we shall look into it, and see if the appeal is valid. Appeal threads on the forums will just be removed as they tend to promote a lot of negativity and flaming.

Instead of removing this thread though I will just close it as some interesting points have been raised. It is clear that several people are confused by the forum rules regarding swearing, the veiling of swear words and insults, and the issue regarding large images in spoilers. I shall endeavor to write a post which shall go into the "Forum Rules - A Reminder" thread, that will hopefully clearly explain some of the rules that we have in place on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.