Protests today

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5774

Today is the ten years later from the 9/11 attacks. Absolutely horrible that people have turned up today to protest against America. Some demonstration by a muslim group burned an American flag and chanted 'Burn, burn, USA'.

Absolutely horrible people. Today is a day of mourning. Every single nation in the world lost a person that was born there. Muslims who weren't extrimists, that had nothing to do with the attacks, just innocent people working got killed along with Americans, British and other nationalities. Aboslutely horrible, disgusting people that would protest today about this.

For once, I am even inclined to support the EDL for their counter demonstration against the muslim group(s) that turned out today to protest against America. Really horrible.

DeletedUser

Eh, sometimes humanity delves into the deepest depths of 'inhumanity', just take a look at places like Liberia and it'll become starkly apparent that mankind has it's fair share of cesspools.

Ordinary folk like us are better off ignoring them.

DeletedUser

If you don't retract that statement I'll call you a multitude of other less pleasant things instead.

Would that suit you better?

Unless of cause you aren't ordinary and have, iunno, elephantitis or something, or you're a savant, which I highly doubt.

DeletedUser

Today is the ten years later from the 9/11 attacks. Absolutely horrible that people have turned up today to protest against America. Some demonstration by a muslim group burned an American flag and chanted 'Burn, burn, USA'.

Absolutely horrible people. Today is a day of mourning. Every single nation in the world lost a person that was born there. Muslims who weren't extrimists, that had nothing to do with the attacks, just innocent people working got killed along with Americans, British and other nationalities. Aboslutely horrible, disgusting people that would protest today about this.

For once, I am even inclined to support the EDL for their counter demonstration against the muslim group(s) that turned out today to protest against America. Really horrible.

I don't know about this insident alone, but wikileaks have documents with a bunch of nasty stuff that usa did against iraq civilians. It is estimated that the casualties in iraq during the war was at around 100.000, with around 60% of them civilians. Torture on suspects and killing of women and children by american soldiers is one of the many things that make them angry. I can understand that, epsecially because US wont comment the cases which is brught up by wikileaks, and no nation of importance is taking a real stand against us because of these crimes.

I know that 9/11 was a great loss for americans, but you need to remember where they stand and what inhuman crimes us have done in return on civilians which had nothing to do with it at all. 9/11 was done by a few extreme people which showes a tiny, small miniority, the invasion and massacres done was done and defended by America, a nation. Iraq is basicly screwed over now thanks to the false reasoned invasion and the "war against terror" (oil). US is getting away with it, have gotten away with it :/

I don't know the protesters reason, but that might be a big chunk of it, among other things.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hey, weren't you reading an article on North Korea an hour ago or so?

I think they're kinda worse. Oh and Liberia, Somalia and whole bunch of other African countries where war crimes are as common as games of football.

DeletedUser

Mind you, Liberia was partially America's fault too from what I recall. But the blame reaches much further back in that case.

DeletedUser

I think they're kinda worse. Oh and Liberia, Somalia and whole bunch of other African countries where war crimes are as common as games of football.

And they're about as bad as those games too. *Baddum tish*

DeletedUser

Most of those countries (if not all) have been screwed up by a western country. Big part of it is from britain/us :?

DeletedUser

Don't do that. Though they hate each other, the muslim extremists and white nationalists benefit from the other gaining publicity, so to stand with one to oppose the other is completely counter-productive.

Those guys are idiots. Best ignored.

DeletedUser

Most of those countries (if not all) have been screwed up by a western country. Big part of it is from britain/us :?
That is an extremely ignorant statement and claim.

For a long time Africa was completely ignored by the Europeans because the area was so completely undeveloped (and the climate too foreign).

That changed in the 19th - 20th century with an event known as Scramble for Africa. By then the European powers had gone through the industrial revolution. Africa on the other hand was still a purely agricultural society.

While it's true the Europeans killed and discrimated a lot of the natives, the only truly bad lasting effect was how they divided the territories. They did not account different traditions and tribes in order to have an area unified in culture but just divided the area up.

On the other hand, we brought technology to Africa. We started up mines and other industrial facilities, built the first railroads(and in many countries they are still the only ones) and surveyed the land, giving the people knowledge of what resources they possess.

If we had kept ignoring it, I'm pretty sure that entire Africa(with minor exception to the Mediterrean areas) would be obliviously living in their huts divided into tribes and completely ignorant to the potential riches of their land(diamonds, oil etc.)

DeletedUser

Hmm, pretty sure burning the nations flag is considered a federal offense.

Die-hard muslims protest and resent everything that isn't conforming to their faith. Also, the more they get publicity the more they get what they want. Take the Westboro Baptist Church for example; they protest things like burials for soldiers that have died in Afghan or Iraq - they have the legal right to protest. However, if you just ignore them, they have no power anymore.

I don't know about this insident alone, but wikileaks have documents with a bunch of nasty stuff that usa did against iraq civilians. It is estimated that the casualties in iraq during the war was at around 100.000, with around 60% of them civilians. Torture on suspects and killing of women and children by american soldiers is one of the many things that make them angry. I can understand that, epsecially

Hardly surprising. Hasn't every single invasion of an enemy ended up bad for the locals? In Medieval ages farms got burned, in industrial ages farms got burned and food forcibly taken, in WW1/2 the civilians got bombs dropped on them, homes destroyed & economic crisis.

because US wont comment the cases which is brught up by wikileaks, and no nation of importance is taking a real stand against us because of these crimes.
And how would anyone take a stance on this? Better yet, why would they really take a stance. USA is the undisputed leading country in terms of military, naval and air superioty. Whilst they are bankrupt, they still are an economic powerhouse. To make an enemy out of USA is absolutely unreasonable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To be honest, most of it is their own doing. Something tells me it wasn't Westerners who taught them cannibalism, or taught them to rip the hearts out of children and drink their blood so that the bullets will not harm them.

It wasn't the westerners who instigated civil wars and raped and pillaged and recruited child soldiers. That's all Africa's own work.

DeletedUser

Hardly surprising. Hasn't every single invasion of an enemy ended up bad for the locals? In Medieval ages farms got burned, in industrial ages farms got burned and food forcibly taken, in WW1/2 the civilians got bombs dropped on them, homes destroyed & economic crisis.

Yesyes, i'm trying to give a reason for why some people arent taking the whole 9/11 aspect as a sorrowful day for america when the same people butchered a bunch of civilians in the name of justice/defence/war against terror/whatever they can come up with, fighting terrorism with more terrorism, creating a bunch of new terrorist groups and/or making it much easier for recruitment.

And how would anyone take a stance on this? Better yet, why would they really take a stance. USA is the undisputed leading country in terms of military, naval and air superioty. Whilst they are bankrupt, they still are an economic powerhouse. To make an enemy out of USA is absolutely unreasonable.

Boycott and not granting different needed resources like fuel would probably be quite fatal, most of the american wares are import, no? The gaining of export in america is so thiny in comparison to what the cost of import is that it is a big problem, and the amount of fuel they use each years are to much for themselves to obtain without trade.

As for why they should: Simply care for what people do to each other and not tolerate that the people with most guns can do whatever they want against everyone else without any conseqences (spelling mistake! D:<). Much better option instead of just blaming it on the guy with a different religion because a tiny little bunch of insane ones practising something similar managed to blow up two buldings. As for profit doing this: not really a good investment in terms of money and resources but you would probably spare a few lives here and there. If the left side of america would have done something more about the iraq war then just protesting against it then that would also be greatly appreciated.

To be honest, most of it is their own doing. Something tells me it wasn't Westerners who taught them cannibalism, or taught them to rip the hearts out of children and drink their blood so that the bullets will not harm them.

It wasn't the westerners who instigated civil wars and raped and pillaged and recruited child soldiers. That's all Africa's own work.

I thought that the borders around in africa was greated by western colonists, and that different companies are exploiting african resources today making it misserable. One example is EU with their agreement with some rich bastards (who is probably living in France with champain under his pillow) in west-african countries, the population have to buy expencive imported chickens from europe instead of producing their own, among other things, making food much harder to obtain.

in somalia, Us supported a few millitant groups there like Taliban in Afkanistan if i remember right, greating a few conflicts and a tyrant ruling goverment. I don't know much about somalia though, i only know that they have both pirates and ninjas there for shure >.>

DeletedUser9918

EFC123 said:
5000 civilian people died in 9/11 bad eh?

Afghan civilians killed 8,813
Afghan civilians seriously injured 15,863

Iraqi civilians killed 864,531
Iraqi civilians seriously injured 1,556,156

So who are the bad guys?

From ingame forum

DeletedUser

From ingame forum
Afghan is an entirely different story which reaches back into the Cold War era and Soviet Union. Leaving it now would be asinine as that'd be admitting the soldiers that have died there did so without a cause and a verified terrorist organisation would most likely gain control of the country. An outcome no one wants.

There's also the distinction of a terrorism attack and a country in war. And the "bad guys" in this case are the US top brass and G. Bush for going through that arguably blind retaliation.

As a side note, no matter the country, soldiers will commit brutality and injustice. People don't tend to act rationally when so far from home in an hostile area where you're losing friends and do not understand the local population at all. There's also probably the feeling of vindiction running high so soon after the 9/11.

DeletedUser

I thought that the borders around in africa was greated by western colonists, and that different companies are exploiting african resources today making it misserable. One example is EU with their agreement with some rich bastards (who is probably living in France with champain under his pillow) in west-african countries, the population have to buy expencive imported chickens from europe instead of producing their own, among other things, making food much harder to obtain.

in somalia, Us supported a few millitant groups there like Taliban in Afkanistan if i remember right, greating a few conflicts and a tyrant ruling goverment. I don't know much about somalia though, i only know that they have both pirates and ninjas there for shure >.>

The borders aren't the problem when it comes to civil war, the drugs trade (well, maybe a little here), prostitution, barbaric tribal rituals and crap like that. And the exploitation is arguably at least giving the africans something to do other than do drugs and kill each other.

DeletedUser

There's also the distinction of a terrorism attack and a country in war. And the "bad guys" in this case are the US top brass and G. Bush for going through that arguably blind retaliation.

As a side note, no matter the country, soldiers will commit brutality and injustice. People don't tend to act rationally when so far from home in an hostile area where you're losing friends and do not understand the local population at all. There's also probably the feeling of vindiction running high so soon after the 9/11.

In a war with such big numbers of civilian casualities and cruel methods i can't really see the difference. Both sides killed lots of civilains and used fear as a tool. It is actually quite the same, only difference is that one side is classified as terrorists and thus are bad people and the other side does the exact same thing with more cruel methods and are basically forgiven about that because they have more weapons and thus is a treath if you oppose them. As i observe it in this case, war is an act of terrorism and terrorism is an act of war, between a small radical group and a nation with way to many far-right extremists.

Point is that i don't really believe there is a good prt and a bad part here, no matter the intentions.

DeletedUser

No, I think the world powers can take some credit for that, too. Funding coups, providing arms, and backing warlords and despots who are quite happy to use those methods of warfare. I don't think it is "all the fault of the west", but western governments and companies have done (and still do) pretty wicked things there.

Status
Not open for further replies.