Protests today

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5774

A negative vs a negative doesn't make it right. It was disgraceful behaviour for a day for mourning, and I would have said the same thing for a day of mourning for Isalmic people mourning the death of people as well.

The protests on 9/11 2011 were wrong.

DeletedUser

No, I think the world powers can take some credit for that, too. Funding coups, providing arms, and backing warlords and despots who are quite happy to use those methods of warfare. I don't think it is "all the fault of the west", but western governments and companies have done (and still do) pretty wicked things there.

Western governments would usually come in to break up the civil wars as NATO and UN forces. Problem is, after the break it up they pretty much abandon them to deal with the aftermath, the UN usually leaves some troops around but they stick in their camps all day rather than try to keep peace.

DeletedUser

Boycott and not granting different needed resources like fuel would probably be quite fatal, most of the american wares are import, no? The gaining of export in america is so thiny in comparison to what the cost of import is that it is a big problem, and the amount of fuel they use each years are to much for themselves to obtain without trade.

Fuel is the only thing the Middle-Easterners have. Saudi Arabia for example will be screwed as soon as Oil reserves start dwindling. They have made no back-up income so to say. The USA also consumed ridicilously lot of crude oil, if they stop providing, they just cant find a consumer that'd match the purchasing power. There's also the point that quite a few of the crude oil companies are international/western.

As for why they should: Simply care for what people do to each other and not tolerate that the people with most guns can do whatever they want against everyone else without any conseqences (spelling mistake! D:<). Much better option instead of just blaming it on the guy with a different religion because a tiny little bunch of insane ones practising something similar managed to blow up two buldings. As for profit doing this: not really a good investment in terms of money and resources but you would probably spare a few lives here and there. If the left side of america would have done something more about the iraq war then just protesting against it then that would also be greatly appreciated.

That's the reason revolutions and rebellions happen. No one gives a flying squirrel about the reasons countries go to war. They only try to ensure that the power status quo is maintained. And you cant just force USA to change their course of actions.

I thought that the borders around in africa was greated by western colonists, and that different companies are exploiting african resources today making it misserable. One example is EU with their agreement with some rich bastards (who is probably living in France with champain under his pillow) in west-african countries, the population have to buy expencive imported chickens from europe instead of producing their own, among other things, making food much harder to obtain.
I mentioned the borders in my previous post. Africa is a hole. The butt-end of the world. Corruption and crime run rampant. There just isn't anything to do about it unless a firm democracy is managed but that'll be unlikely without intervention. The "rich bastards" are the best we can manage right now. If we just let some random dictator take control, god knows what he'd do with the resources.

In a war with such big numbers of civilian casualities and cruel methods i can't really see the difference. Both sides killed lots of civilains and used fear as a tool. It is actually quite the same, only difference is that one side is classified as terrorists and thus are bad people and the other side does the exact same thing with more cruel methods and are basically forgiven about that because they have more weapons and thus is a treath if you oppose them. As i observe it in this case, war is an act of terrorism and terrorism is an act of war, between a small radical group and a nation with way to many far-right extremists.

Point is that i don't really believe there is a good prt and a bad part here, no matter the intentions.
War only has winners and losers. The "good guys" part is decided after a win or loss.

Also, no nation can control their troops that well to keep them from misbehaving or using cruelty. The average human's psyche cannot cope with the stress war in completely foreign culture and land brings. Add in their friends dieing to the enemy, having to watch every step for landmines, I can easily see how a lot of people snap and become so vindictive as to torture the locals. It's just the human element of war.

Western governments would usually come in to break up the civil wars as NATO and UN forces. Problem is, after the break it up they pretty much abandon them to deal with the aftermath, the UN usually leaves some troops around but they stick in their camps all day rather than try to keep peace.
Oh noes, the evil western governments are trying to instill a puppet government! Hurr Durr!

A negative vs a negative doesn't make it right. It was disgraceful behaviour for a day for mourning, and I would have said the same thing for a day of mourning for Isalmic people mourning the death of people as well.

No one disputed that. It was just mentioned that giving them attention wont make them go away. The more attention they receive, the more successfull their "protest" is. You're best off ignoring them. World is full of stupid people like that.

DeletedUser

/me awaits for pervis to show up

Honestly, those radicals muslims should be deported back to their countries, not just for being radical
but for being too dumb

DeletedUser

The more attention they receive, the more successfull their "protest" is. You're best off ignoring them. World is full of stupid people like that.
I agree with this.

Honestly, those radicals muslims should be deported back to their countries, not just for being radical but for being too dumb
Damn right. Send those dumb radicals back to Birminghamland.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Anyone that comes from a race, culture or religion that hasn't committed crimes against humantiy at some stage of it's history post below...

Arguing about who is worse is just pointless...

Thread closed then...

DeletedUser

Oh noes, the evil western governments are trying to instill a puppet government! Hurr Durr!

Wat

Where did I say that? I said the UN does very little to help, not that America kills off the politicians to install their own s:

Maybe you should lrn2speakenglish

DeletedUser

Anyone that comes from a race, culture or religion that hasn't committed crimes against humantiy at some stage of it's history post below...

Arguing about who is worse is just pointless...

Thread closed then...
Pointing out the plainly obvious is just as pointless as the above post.

Wat

Where did I say that? I said the UN does very little to help, not that America kills off the politicians to install their own s:

Maybe you should lrn2speakenglish
It was a joke. Everything the western countries do gets criticised and blown out of proportions by some of the muslim countries.

DeletedUser

I don't agree on the protests but you can't really blame them for it either. The same anger you feel against the protesters they feel 10x as much against US, and they have better reasons for being angry. Your country have used the terrorist attack as an excuse to invade innocent people and stealing their resources, killing over 100.000 civilians in the process. If noone would ever want to listen to your problems and give you any kind of justice or for that matter help what so ever (exept the same people who is invading you, claiming that they saved you and protect you against an invisible enemy that have never been in your country before), you would probably do the same thing if you where them. Remember that most terrorists are people who have had it though during their lives, the mayority of those who hate us do so because america have done something inhuman and cruel to them.

If you really are angry about this, be at your own country at the same time. There is a backround for why they are doing this, and would you listen to them? Have you done so with the people that does it in a more diplomatic and more respectfu way? Do something good for them? Do you want your country to pay for what they have done against them? Do you fight for punishing the bush administration to be charged with sentences against humanity, and give away some of your own comforts and build up what usa wreched?

What they see is a country in which one half supports a right-extreme party which went to war on excuses and a left side which would do nothing more against the injustice than protesting.

Negative vs negative wont make it right, and usa did just that against a country which had done nothing against them at all. I have yet to see usa giving back the natural resources and building the country up to what it was before.

As i said, don't blame them to harshly, do so if usa sacrefice their resources for helping them back to where they stood. Negative vs negative doesn't make a right is easy to say to them when the reason they are protesting goes back to usa doing exactly that. Their lives are basically ruined because of america, and usa does not even tolerate getting blamed for it.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Pointing out the plainly obvious is just as pointless as the above post.

Pointing out that the plainly obvious is pointless.. is pointless...

So I won't point out that your views and arguments are missinformed, missguided and bordering on racist...

But I like this bit:

Saudi Arabia for example will be screwed as soon as Oil reserves start dwindling.

In the long list of countries that will be screwed as oil reserves continue to dwindle Saudi Arabia are way down the list...

As, listen closely here, they "own" the Oil that developed and developing contries need in order to do pretty much anything...

Unless of course you mean as oil reserves dwindle and the price is forced up as countries like Saudi Arabia squeeze the last possible dollar from their natural resources, Saudi Arabia will be screwed when a country like America/Russia/China decide to march in and take the Oil for themselves...

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Pointing out that the plainly obvious is pointless.. is pointless...

So I won't point out that your views and arguments are missinformed, missguided and bordering on racist...
"You are wrong but I wont bother pointing out why. Just accept it"

But I like this bit:

Saudi Arabia for example will be screwed as soon as Oil reserves start dwindling.

In the long list of countries that will be screwed as oil reserves continue to dwindle Saudi Arabia are way down the list...

As, listen closely here, they "own" the Oil that developed and developing contries need in order to do pretty much anything...
"Depleted" would be the more accurate word I had in mind.

However, while they might be able to milk out some large $ while the oil reserves are reaching all time low, the simple matter is they haven't spent any of that oil money to develope other sectors that'd make it able to maintain the standard they have right now.

All this, is assuming, that once oil prices show a trend of increasing, the governments wont funnel some of those ridicilously huge funds from fossil fuel projects to finding cost-efficient alternative energie.

DeletedUser

I don't agree on the protests but you can't really blame them for it either. The same anger you feel against the protesters they feel 10x as much against US, and they have better reasons for being angry. Your country have used the terrorist attack as an excuse to invade innocent people and stealing their resources, killing over 100.000 civilians in the process. If noone would ever want to listen to your problems and give you any kind of justice or for that matter help what so ever (exept the same people who is invading you, claiming that they saved you and protect you against an invisible enemy that have never been in your country before), you would probably do the same thing if you where them. Remember that most terrorists are people who have had it though during their lives, the mayority of those who hate us do so because america have done something inhuman and cruel to them.

If you really are angry about this, be at your own country at the same time. There is a backround for why they are doing this, and would you listen to them? Have you done so with the people that does it in a more diplomatic and more respectfu way? Do something good for them? Do you want your country to pay for what they have done against them? Do you fight for punishing the bush administration to be charged with sentences against humanity, and give away some of your own comforts and build up what usa wreched?

What they see is a country in which one half supports a right-extreme party which went to war on excuses and a left side which would do nothing more against the injustice than protesting.

Negative vs negative wont make it right, and usa did just that against a country which had done nothing against them at all. I have yet to see usa giving back the natural resources and building the country up to what it was before.

As i said, don't blame them to harshly, do so if usa sacrefice their resources for helping them back to where they stood. Negative vs negative doesn't make a right is easy to say to them when the reason they are protesting goes back to usa doing exactly that. Their lives are basically ruined because of america, and usa does not even tolerate getting blamed for it.

Inb4 SexySmurf isn't American.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
"You are wrong but I wont bother pointing out why. Just accept it"

"Depleted" would be the more accurate word I had in mind.

However, while they might be able to milk out some large $ while the oil reserves are reaching all time low, the simple matter is they haven't spent any of that oil money to develope other sectors that'd make it able to maintain the standard they have right now.

All this, is assuming, that once oil prices show a trend of increasing, the governments wont funnel some of those ridicilously huge funds from fossil fuel projects to finding cost-efficient alternative energie.

Seriously? You think the only money they make is from selling oil?!!?.... Hey ho... your teachers clearly couldn't teach you anything but at least they got paid for trying... I'm just not that nice...

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Seriously? You think the only money they make is from selling oil?!!?.... Hey ho... your teachers clearly couldn't teach you anything but at least they got paid for trying... I'm just not that nice...

Well then, what is Saudi-Arabias main income exept oil and how large is the oil founds in % compared to the rest? >.>

DeletedUser

You're as intelligent as you're nice.

Protip: That wasn't a compliment.
Also, I did not say "only money they make is from selling oil". I implied that petroleum makes up a huge % of the countries income. If they were to lose an income source that currently makes up for 80% of their revenue, they'd be pretty hard pressed to cope by. Not to mention maintaining the living standards they have right now. But I guess you just see what you want to see in my posts and then try grasping for straws to present you "argument".

DeletedUser

Luckily there's plenty of oil for everyone.

Least for our generation.

Unless those Russians htfu with extended life.

Status
Not open for further replies.