Question: Farm Destruction and losing troops?

DeletedUser

Is this true, I don't believe it is?

When farming an active player,

if you cat down his farm he cant build troops until the farm is rebuilt enough to support them.

also on this world if he has his own troops in the village that his farm cant support they will slowly die off unless the farm is rebuilt quickly.
any troops he has out supporting will survive.
Its a good idea if you dont intend to noble him in the future, to cat the HQ as well so he cant rebuild very quickly.

Note this will not stop him getting support.

If your farm is destroyed and you cant rebuild it in a few hours to support your troops send all troops to support your nearest tribe mate until your farm can support them

DeletedUser5528

When farming an active player,

if you cat down his farm he cant build troops until the farm is rebuilt enough to support them.

also on this world if he has his own troops in the village that his farm cant support they will slowly die off unless the farm is rebuilt quickly.
any troops he has out supporting will survive.
Its a good idea if you dont intend to noble him in the future, to cat the HQ as well so he cant rebuild very quickly.

Note this will not stop him getting support.

If your farm is destroyed and you cant rebuild it in a few hours to support your troops send all troops to support your nearest tribe mate until your farm can support them

As I understand it some of that is true some not.

if you cat down his farm he cant build troops until the farm is rebuilt enough to support them. TRUE

also on this world if he has his own troops in the village that his farm cant support they will slowly die off unless the farm is rebuilt quickly. Not true

any troops he has out supporting will survive. True

Its a good idea if you dont intend to noble him in the future, to cat the HQ as well so he cant rebuild very quickly. True/ Depending on how you like to play.

Note this will not stop him getting support. True

If your farm is destroyed and you cant rebuild it in a few hours to support your troops send all troops to support your nearest tribe mate until your farm can support them Why ??

DeletedUser

If your farm is destroyed and you cant rebuild it in a few hours to support your troops send all troops to support your nearest tribe mate until your farm can support them Why ??

Right I knew this wasn't true, I've been sitting some one all day with a farm 1k below current farm limit.

There are troops in the queue, they still get recruited
No troops slowly die.

I knew this wasn't true, but when someone who seems experienced tells you something like this you begin to wonder.

My usual tactic is to keep my troops recruiting for days then even if you get your farm catted down you still get new troops recruited, regardless of farm space available, you just can't put new troops in the queues.

DeletedUser5582

thank you for the top tip!

My interest is who told you this and perhaps more of interest is why?

I mean catting someone's farm so they send you support when you tell them their troops will die of starvation seems a fairly long winded way to ask for support?

So who told you the above info?!? I'd be a little curious about their intent if I were you!

DeletedUser

The person who told me this, didn't want me to move my troops to support him, they where actually in this situation and said over 48 hrs there troops dwindled down to zero.

DeletedUser5582

well maybe they had set attacks to ignore in their reports?!?!

If their wall disappeared too think we can see what has happened here!

DeletedUser3642

On a world where the "Farm" rule is activated - I believe this would be wise.

Fortunately - this world and I don't think I remember a world for a long time, that has had the Farm rule active.

As I understood it - it meant that the greater the number of troops you have above what your farm can support in the village (including supporting troops), essentially reduces their strength, in a similar way to how morale affects offensive troops

Tactics in these sort of worlds, would be to plant 10,000 scouts in someones village miliseconds before you land your nukes, to reduce the overall strength of the defending troops...

mad huh! but true! but thank god not here!!