Question To LoL.

DeletedUser9017

During the days of world 7 I was not yet playing tw, so I am not sure as to how the world played out, but from what I understand of it KnK dominated the world from mid game till the end. They did this by nobling their enemies, not recruiting them! They one by skill and teamwork, not by mind games.

But on world 12 I have been around since day 1. And initially was impressed by LoL, quickly FAF climbed to the top of the rankings and secured a considerable lead, still LoL impressed me. But as wars were declared, then as they progressed I began to lose this respect and awe I had for LoL, don't get me wrong I still respect them after all they have got incredible war stats, losing it as they recruited players in order to surround Addicts/Dogs. In doing this we first witnessed LoL recruiting someone from the enemy in order to gain ground, Rassilon.

Now their tactics really do confuse me, yes what they have done will help them in the war but why? Why change tactics so dramatically from world 7? Are FAF to good for fair play?

LoL have now recruited 3 members of FAF, why not just noble them? And how much intel were they passing on before joining? How do you expect a decent op when you have access to so much intel?

More recently Nitrogen sent everyone in FAF this mail;

Nitrogen Sep 13,2012 11:25
Dear [ally]FAF[/ally] members,

I feel that I should clarify some misunderstandings :)

Firstly, [player]drakul[/player] has never been a spy for us, and has never been asked to spy. His decision to send me a mail last night was out of the blue, though welcomed of course.

However, the mail forwarded from Powermunger to you all looks very much like a frame to make it look worse than it was. So be careful of what your leadership will do to keep you under control.

Who can blame the guy for being angry - with the shocking leadership you have! (even if it is his brother!!). Respect to Paddy, he's trying hard... but someone needs to unshackle the potential some of you have!

Still, onwards and upwards!

On a final note, several of you have already requested interviews to join us. Those that have been successful will be joining us in the next week, so it would be greatly appreciated if you could call urgently for support on forum so that once you've joined the area behind you is devoid of defense troops which are tucked neatly in your villages.
We will make sure that we fake you to make it look realistic, don't worry!

Good luck to the rest of you and i'm sure we'll all meet on the battlefield before long.

Mike
[ally]LoL[/ally] - Co-Duke
aka - Pogue Mahone - KnK Co-Duke - W7 Winning Tribe

LoL now openly admit to attempting to poach more of our members, let them, they take the weak and leave the strong!

Here Nitrogen shows no respect for his opponent, what does this achieve?

Gotcha's tribe may not be first, but neither are we using such underhand tactics.

By sending the mail Nitrogen obviously wants to disrupt FAF further, why not fight us properly, without the mind games?

So I ask everyone in LoL, is this how you want to win?

DeletedUser9598

Lol all is fair in love and war

KnK/LoL used dirty tactics on w7 so whoever said they never were lying
Wh1nge/FAF used some dirty tactics on w8 and won the world
W9, W10, W11 im sure you'll find many tactics were used to achieve success
W12 - as you have pointed out
W13 no doubt we'll hear something before that world is won
Classic is no different, my tribe are winning the world and whilst we dont NEED to look on our enemies forum, when the opportunity presents itself we are more than happy to take a peak and stir up some trouble lol

Its all part of the game and i think you'll find the most successful tribes will do what they need to do to win

DeletedUser7127

During the days of world 7 I was not yet playing tw, so I am not sure as to how the world played out, but from what I understand of it KnK dominated the world from mid game till the end. They did this by nobling their enemies, not recruiting them! They one by skill and teamwork, not by mind games.

But on world 12 I have been around since day 1. And initially was impressed by LoL, quickly FAF climbed to the top of the rankings and secured a considerable lead, still LoL impressed me. But as wars were declared, then as they progressed I began to lose this respect and awe I had for LoL, don't get me wrong I still respect them after all they have got incredible war stats, losing it as they recruited players in order to surround Addicts/Dogs. In doing this we first witnessed LoL recruiting someone from the enemy in order to gain ground, Rassilon.

Now their tactics really do confuse me, yes what they have done will help them in the war but why? Why change tactics so dramatically from world 7? Are FAF to good for fair play?

LoL have now recruited 3 members of FAF, why not just noble them? And how much intel were they passing on before joining? How do you expect a decent op when you have access to so much intel?

More recently Nitrogen sent everyone in FAF this mail;

LoL now openly admit to attempting to poach more of our members, let them, they take the weak and leave the strong!

Here Nitrogen shows no respect for his opponent, what does this achieve?

Gotcha's tribe may not be first, but neither are we using such underhand tactics.

By sending the mail Nitrogen obviously wants to disrupt FAF further, why not fight us properly, without the mind games?

Just before we talk about Fair play

FAF did recruit members from AFA... and TEA.. to build their front line instead of nobling them.. so your recruitment point is invalid.. it might be that your over analysing stuff and being paranoid that LOL are playing dirty mind games.. From the mail, It seems nitro is trying to clear out confusion, from a enemy point of view it might be mind games. It jsut how this game works.. you will never know what the facts are .. until the person itself admits it.. Nitro might be saying the truth that FaF players approached LOL for recruitment.. if someone is not happy with the place they work in they do have thoughts of leaving and start looking for something else. thats how it works in reall world.. its nothing disrecpectful about that.. you cant say APPLE is being disrepectful to NOKIA...for taking their users
or
Nitro might be just playing mind games.. by just claiming that FAF Players approached LOL..

so just to summarize the answer to your question you never know what the plans are . they might recruit gotcha next .. you probably dont know that yet lol .. oops i dint let out a secret did i :) as far i know south are playing very fairly.. and so are faf. So no credit should be taken away from any of the tribes..

Just enjoy the game will you now :p..

DeletedUser

Looks like Power.'s bringing his sob story to the forum, it's all quite contradictory though, in your forums and skype I'm regarded as a weasel who doesn't actually take villages from the enemy, so why complain that LoL are recruiting from FAF?

Side 1:

Players: Grawler
Side 2:
Tribes: FAF, FAD, DOGS
Players: Whatyougannado

Timeframe: 03/09/2012 00:00:00 to 13/09/2012 17:43:01

Total conquers:

Side 1: 14
Side 2: 214
Difference: 200

chart

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 13
Side 2: 0
Difference: 13

chart

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 116,806
Side 2: 1,020,855
Difference: 904,049

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 116,548
Side 2: 0
Difference: 116,548

chart
In my whole duration in FAF I didn't witness one good let alone successful operation. I saw a lot of ODA gain and no villages, that was about as good as it got. Whilst Gotcha! was away everything fell apart, the poor man has returned to what I can only call a mess. Powermunger's latest stunt with drakul was ridiculous.

If LoL are underhand and sly, you are just as bad in using Dogs and FAD as your cannon fodder, because let's face it, if their taking the brunt of our attacks then it's all good for you right? :lol:

Don't come to the forums pleading innocence whilst there is plenty dirt on your hands.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why's everyone so negative? Lets all just be nice? If you lose, you lose. If you win, you win :) tis just a game and the biggest game there is is life... which should be concentrated on more

DeletedUser6603

Oh my word how I wish I wasn't at work on my phone. What a can of worms you've just opened power, I reckon Mike or Rob will thoroughly enjoy replying to this!

DeletedUser10816

lol - well, what can I say?

You tell me a war, anywhere - real life or game - which hasn't used all methods available to win it. The battlefield is only the most obvious method. Diplomacy, PnPs, Psychological warfare is all part and parcel of that.
If you cannot accept that, then you have yet to get to grips with the real depths of the game.

What do you think a council does all day? Mod the forum? Resolve arguments?...

Its far far more than that...

Your council should be your go to point for every problem. They are there to identify people who need help, to guide, assist, advise and motivate. They are there as people with contacts, sources, onbtainers of information that can be gathered from a number of places.
This information feeds up to the strategists and planners, those that see the tribe as one entity rather than 40 members.
It is at this point, that direction, and decisions can be made that accurately reflect the requirements of the tribe to make it succeed against its opponents.

A tribe is only as good as its members are active, motivated and involved. It is your council and dukes jobs to maintain this.

Of course... the other way is simply being mates with everyone!.. for us, both apply :)

Now spinning this around to our opponents:

Should a tribe lose morale, lose involvement and lose respect for its own members - then it is a downward spiral from there. They have already lost, as their members believe it even if their leadership denys it.

So, am I wrong to point out that drakul was not actually one of our spies? am I wrong to point out that we have been approached now by 5 FAF members requesting that we consider them either now or in the future, and others who have been in contact are clearly disgruntled.

The way I see it, FAF is actually two tribes. Those who can, and those who cannot. Unfortunately at the moment they are dominated by the "cannots", and those "who can" are getting dishearted and quitting as they see no future.
(correct me if I am wrong... that over the past month you've not lost several very experienced members who have lost their mojo or RL has cropped up to require their full attention. I am of course quite happy to name them, but I don't think I need go there as you know i'm right).

What we want from the world is a challenge. Though I fear we will only ever get that challenge if or when our good friends and allies SWTEA agree to have a final showdown at the end of the world.
I have spoken to various FAF/FAD council level players, and pointed out the failings of the tribe and what needs to change to motivate their fellow tribemates - yet I think it is too little too late. Too little has happened to get rid of the rot.

You might think we all come on here with big ego's and talk a load of rubbish. Thats called "banter", and its done because its good to know your opponents, and to treat this as a game... have a laugh, point out each others failings.... Its nice to see my mail actually prompted a long waited response from FAF!!

Whether my intention was to insight mistrust within FAF, to correct an accusation of a tribemember who had been booted, or to simply gain a response for once - will i'm sure continue to be debated. What I have seen so far, including this thread, satisfies me that its had the desired effect.

Now whether this will motivate FAF to fight back that bit harder, who knows?

Side 1:
Tribes: LoL, SWTEA
Side 2:
Tribes: FAF, FAD, DOGS

Timeframe: Last month

Side 1: 204
Side 2: 25
Difference: 179

chart

Side 1: 1,535,190
Side 2: 202,635
Difference: 1,332,555

chart

I have to try something don't I to rally the enemy? They're clearly not rallying themselves very well!

A final point for you to consider.

Recruitment.

Check our recruiting stats. We're not a recruiting tribe. We dislike it, and we rather not do it. Several of those that joined us later in the world, will give testament to the fact that we ask an awful lot of questions before even considering inviting someone.
However - if there is a lost soul, in a tactically strong area, who needs a home and boost in motivation to continue playing the game, and the move will make us as a tribe stronger - then yes, we would consider recruiting on those facts alone and then help that person integrate into our comunity.

So - are we or are we not secretly recruiting more members of FAF in the next week as my mail above to FAF suggested, how much of it is based on truth and real applications, and how much of it is me using psycological warfare to get people thinking.

Time will tell :) I couldnt possibly spill the beans! it'd be like spoiling the punchline of a good joke! You'll just have to wait and see :icon_cool:

DeletedUser9793

I think Nitrogen been very respectfuland polite.
In any other world and any other player on externals , you wuld have been called out as fanny-arses by now :lol:

Now play the game and have fun.:lol:

DeletedUser6603

Am I the only one that sees the irony in a faf member complaining about us recruiting three whole players? Faf recruited two entire tribes!

Also - you mentioned Rassilon. I suggest you check out his history on twstats. Rass was a council member with us on w7. He didn't go the distance on w7 due to real life getting in the way. He also didn't know we were on w12, but as soon as he did, he came home :)

Id just like to finish by saying our new members are doing a fantastic job, and we are more than happy with them. All got our way of doing things very quickly :)

DeletedUser9017

@Nitrogen

I am fully aware that in war each side shall do whatever they can to win.

You talk of wanting a challenge in this world, how does recruiting our members give you a challenge? Yes they are some of them are good recruits, but it makes it easier for you.

As for your mail, I do see the point in the first section it did clarify the situation so thanks. But the second half will only demotivate our members, a simple "Come at me bro" or words to that effect would have sufficed, if you truly wanted to rally the enemy.

@KWAPablo2

I have no problem with LoL recruiting 3 players, I have very little problem with LoL recruiting 3 FAF members, it is after all a game which everyone wants to win. I asked if this is how LoL wanted to win, by weakening their enemies not with nukes and nobles but with recruitment. It would appear that the leaders of LoL do wish to pursue this strategy, and fair play to them. What I do have a problem with is your claim to wanting a challenge. If you want a challenge then surely recruiting your enemies members is counterintuitive.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10816

Side 1:
Players: Grawler, Llynamawr, yeeep
Side 2:
Tribes: FAD, FAF, DOGS

Timeframe: 03/09/2012 20:00:00 to 13/09/2012 21:11:51

Side 1: 39
Side 2: 1
Difference: 38

chart

Side 1: 313,243
Side 2: 8,021
Difference: 305,222

chart

yep... not bad at all considering they were considered inactive and on the list for booting due to non-participation.

I agree - I think LoL life must suit them! :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser10816

@ Power.

I think you missed the part about tactical gains. We gained territory, and gained 3 players who clearly fit in well to our game play.

If you want us to play at half ability so you have a chance... you only need to ask!... we may of course decline!

We play to win, and we expect other tribes to do the same...

If 3 of our members were out on a limb and feeling rather neglected and demoralised... i'm pretty certain there would be no objections by you then if FAF recruited them...

DeletedUser10842

I should answer something properly I guess.

Our tactics are slightly different to w7 yes, but of course they are, its a different world, playing a different enemy, a different game.

To never change our tactics would make us awfully predictable. (theres enough of that in the game already)

Is this how we want to win?

yeah sure, if it works, we'll take it, thanks. A win is a win, fair and square, no cheating, just using all and any tactic we see fit to suit the situation.

DeletedUser3312

The way I see it from reading this thread is Nitrogen is Nazi Germany and Power. is Poland.

DeletedUser

The way I see it from reading this thread is Nitrogen is Nazi Germany and Power. is Poland.
#

Dude, easiest way to look at this is by labeling Nitrogen as the leader of whoever wins in the end.

DeletedUser10816

Other than the comparison being in poor taste, the underlying comparison of a dominant force overrunning a far weaker opponent is possibly accurate. Where the comparison falls flat however, is that LoL and FAF are comparable in size, and the last I checked - Germany is far greater in size than poland.
I'm a little bit torn as to whether I should thank you for the underlying compliment, or be more disturbed that we be compared to a murderous treacherous regime...