Quitting w4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser857

Finally, the boredom got too much for myself and my coplayer and we are cutting our losses and quitting an already inactive account.

Just logged on for the first time in 3 days to find we are already being nobeled by a few members of the 'resistance', hence the purpose of this thread- to point out that these villages that have been taken are by no means a victory against Bi!, rather a victory against an inactive account!

Anyway, ego attention seeking thread over- goodbye to all those loverly people in 404 and Bi!

Ex-Rank 11 (Ka300m) Set for deletion.

DeletedUser7217

What did I say?... Oh I am sorry, boredom? I think I was correct there. Told you it is going to be boring

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Finally, the boredom got too much for myself and my coplayer and we are cutting our losses and quitting an already inactive account.

Just logged on for the first time in 3 days to find we are already being nobeled by a few members of the 'resistance', hence the purpose of this thread- to point out that these villages that have been taken are by no means a victory against Bi!, rather a victory against an inactive account!

Anyway, ego attention seeking thread over- goodbye to all those loverly people in 404 and Bi!

Ex-Rank 11 (Ka300m) Set for deletion.

You are part of Bi!. It's your own fault you're inactive. Therefore it's still a victory against Bi!.

Kthxbai.

DeletedUser

Are you quitting W4 or the game?
If it's just W4, what world will you play?

DeletedUser

What did I say?... Oh I am sorry, boredom? I think I was correct there. Told you it is going to be boring

No, not quite I think. There are two seperate issues here. The first is whether a completely dominant tribe would ultimately find a world without serious opposition boring. This is what you postulated emotionzz - and yet Bi! have never been totally dominant (being the largest and most powerful tribe at this relatively early stage of the world doesn't in fact count in my view), and so this is not the real reason for this latest quitting (despite what is written by way of a reason).

Which brings us to the secon reason. An awful lot of 'top' players/accounts are essentially early game only. The real factor here is that these initially intensively active and aggressive players/accounts get very bored as soon as it comes to the daily grind of managing multiple villages in terms of things like resource distribution etc. And so you see it constantly - a lot of the early 'stars' very quickly fall after a few months. I actually suspect that this is the main reason for this latest Bi! departure, although let's not take away the fact that FATE had started seriously clearling and nobling BEFORE the acount players decided to call it a day.

Now, if you remember, in the other thread on Bi! allegedly ruining this world this was the very point I tried to make - there are a lot of unpredictable things that can happen in this game, not least the fact that top players/accounts can, and do, quit unexpectedly and without giving time to their former tribes to internally noble. And in the last 24 hours both Mggege (W4 no.2 player) and Ka300 (another Bi! top player, and a significant presence in K55) have quit. Most of their villas are unlikely to be passed in an orderly fashion to other Bi! players so we have witnessed already a significant shift in the balance of power - Bi! today seem a lot less formidible than they did yesterday.

In terms of winning and victory TW is very much a long-game. Yes, the 'shooting stars' make a real difference at the start, but once they start to fall things begin to look a lot different. The fact that Bi! had managed, probably uniquely in TW history, to get nearly all the top players - and shooting stars - in their ranks at this stage of the game has been a blessing to them, but now we will start to see that it will also be their curse...
Del.

DeletedUser857

Good lord, you gave meaning to my thread!

/removes hat

What I will say though is that no member that has been attacking me played a part in my decision to quit- if I could be bothered to have moved the support to the right places, their weak excuses for attacks would have been destroyed.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
The fact that Bi! had managed, probably uniquely in TW history, to get nearly all the top players - and shooting stars - in their ranks at this stage of the game has been a blessing to them, but now we will start to see that it will also be their curse... Del.

Are you serious? Bi! is not even remotely unique. Just the best tribe on a world with little overall skill.

There's worlds where the entire top 20 belongs to one singular tribe, it's nothing new to be frank.

DeletedUser

Nauzhor said:
There's worlds where the entire top 20 belongs to one singular tribe, it's nothing new to be frank.
but this early? (wasn't all top 20 but at its worst was 17/20) Plus when did world 27 start and how long till that situation was created?

DeletedUser

Are you serious? Bi! is not even remotely unique. Just the best tribe on a world with little overall skill.

Just a shame people like you shy out of a world as soon as you reach 10k points Stop complaining about "little overall skill" when you helped to make it so by being a quitter. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

It's even more a shame that good players don't get the chance to play due to other people being mean to them.

Irrelevant to the post at hand but I decided not to accept you as a coplayer for UK1 because I didn't think you would play with the same devotion and mindframe as me, and I couldn't claim perfect responsibility for my successes (and failures) on that world, because I'd be coplayed. Also you are in the same timezone as me and therefore that heightens the pointlessness of the request. Nothing against you, it just wouldn't be any good for the account.

DeletedUser

Irrelevant to the post at hand but I decided not to accept you as a coplayer for UK1 because I didn't think you would play with the same devotion and mindframe as me, and I couldn't claim perfect responsibility for my successes (and failures) on that world, because I'd be coplayed. Also you are in the same timezone as me and therefore that heightens the pointlessness of the request. Nothing against you, it just wouldn't be any good for the account.

By the way that acc is plumeting in ranks, I'd say you do need a co-player, from any timezone. :lol:

OT: Yeah, yeah sweetdeath quit, aww. *cries* /care.

DeletedUser1410

Its a shame to see any player go because they are board, or because they have RL issues.
Ka300m, hope you come back again bud
Good luck and keep in touch ok.
Alex, Good luck hope to see you both on another world

Ruffus
John

DeletedUser

That world with the 'entire top 20' has been around alot longer than UK4. The rank1 player has more points than the rank 1 tribe on UK4. At that stage Bi! all the top 20 will be Bi!. I'm leading Bi! and this is my first time leading a tribe, but I've always known how to lead a tribe, but never realy done it, because I'm more of a player than a leader, but it takes a good player to be a good leader in my opinion. Bi! is dominating this world at the moment. I won't be quiting this world and I'll be in Bi! until the end of the world or until I'm rimmed. I'll get bored of this world, but I won't quit. I'll quit when I'm rimmed, but when is that going to happen :lol: never.

Also I would never play another slow world again, as they're so easy to dominate. I'm going to dominate every speed round on the uk server when it comes out ;)

DeletedUser

By the way that acc is plumeting in ranks, I'd say you do need a co-player, from any timezone. :lol:

OT: Yeah, yeah sweetdeath quit, aww. *cries* /care.

She asked for my UK1 account, Ady1. Reread my post, I clearly indicated UK1.

DeletedUser

I did read your post and was talking about your w1 acc, when you took it what was it again, rank 14 or 15... Yeah ade. ;P

DeletedUser

I did read your post and was talking about your w1 acc, when you took it what was it again, rank 14 or 15... Yeah ade. ;P

So you are a pointwhore who only values points. When I took it over, its ODA rank was 242, its ODD rank was 1156.

Do some research, then talk to me.

Don't go off-topic either for that matter. Its my account, its my choice who I permit access to it. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.