Quitting

DeletedUser

I have decided to call it a day on UK5 and probably tribal wars in general. Why? well the final straw came today when I logged on and went to send my usual farm runs only to see a member of my own tribe had nobled a barb in the 3x3 of my 001 village. Despite the fact we have strict rules against this and had similar rules in hmmm? which the player had been in before.

I know a lot have complained about settings on this world and I have to say they have finally driven me mad. Now before anyone says that a good player will find a way around the settings, well IMO I have and am a success on this world. Let me explain why the settings are bad and why they have finally got the better of me. I have been ranked top 20 from day 2 on this world, I've always been one of the top ODA players on this world and have nobled player after player so I feel my opinions carry some weight.

Time line - I locked my 9x9 down from very early on, I restarted several players and created a lovely bunch of grey barbs. This provided me with a great source resources for me to outgrow everyone near by apart from Sadaron Dusaro who thanks to my wonderful tribe I nobled. I then took a population bonus village and had 2 nice areas to farm from. :icon_biggrin: It also enabled me to build a train and take on my next opponent, which I did and followed this by taking another 2 bonus villages (1 of which was owned by my opponent when I launched). At this stage when people were rating me on the externals they were all saying my high rank was because I had a nice location (which I had created!). Now this is where the settings really started to take effect, my farms started getting taking away from me. First of all the red dots that I was farming got took away from me because of the 10 to 1 attack ratio settings (way too small a margin, 20 to 1 maybe but 10 to 1?!?!?) then the barbs started to being nobled despite me moulding them!

This got nobled for crying out loud! (in my 001 5x5) :-

Buildings:
Village Headquarters (Level 1)
Timber camp (Level 30)
Clay pit (Level 30)
Iron mine (Level 28)
Farm (Level 9)
Warehouse (Level 30)
Hiding place (Level 10)

Now at this stage I made a big mistake, instead of being selfish and looking after number 1 I decide to take on EWaR for the good of my tribe. What I should have done was noble farm munchers in my territory and restart them all but because I was saving my nukes and nobles for EWaR I didn't and they carried on munching away!

pac-man.png

So much so that I logged onto 1 village and didn't have a single barb in its 15x15! Now the 10 to 1 ratio is gone but has been replaced by the lovely morale settings! So to take these players out takes twice as many nukes as it would against 100% morale! That coupled by the fact that a large number of the players on this world have over 2 to 1 defence ratio then it becomes pretty much impossible to play aggressively! Again this is because of the settings, because you can't snipe you have to be more defensive to be successful which I have done myself. You just can't call this a war game! Its a poor version of the sims, every element of skill involved in tribal wars is none and void on this world. So much so that the key element - ACTIVITY isn't advantageous because you cant farm! I can do my farming in a 2 hour period now, on other worlds I'd be farming all the time I'm online.

Anyway rant over

I have made a lot friends on this world and will keep in contact with them and maybe I'll play on another world with them as well but I can't be bothered to carry on here. Being part of Why? was a great experience and I learnt a lot from them. Hmmm? was fun, Ruffus is a great guy and led a really good tribe. Our war with EWaR was fun and I enjoyed my little battles with them and to be honest that's what has kept me going for as long as I have but I need to stop now. The real world is calling and need to spend less time playing TW on my laptop and more time on poker, which actually makes me money!

I'm sure my departure will give EWaR a big boost as they won't have to have to deal with my smart alec comments on the externals :icon_biggrin: I have thoroughly enjoyed my banter with EWaR and I actually respect Astro Glide and Blindshot for the way they have handled themselves on the externals but I do take great pleasure in being a constant thorn in there side! :icon_evil:

Bye Bye everyone

Goodbye-Cruel-World--44.jpg

P.S the account will have a new owner, who will I'm sure keep it highly ranked.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Cya hammer...was nice knowing you (while i was in a tribe with you XD)

Am sure the Speed rounds wil sucker you back in though :p

DeletedUser

Awww damn you took away my chance to rub it in when Ewar destroy the kitty's and prove i was right :(.

Shame though gonna be an easier fight without you around.

Goodluck with the poker.

DeletedUser7549

There goes one of the most skilled players in W5... In one sense its a shame to see another skilled player leave the world but then again that is a big thorn out of EWaR's side lol

Good Luck out there

much respect
-Blind

DeletedUser

Rant about the settings
[...]
ACTIVITY isn't advantageous because you cant farm! I can do my farming in a 2 hour period now, on other worlds I'd be farming all the time I'm online.
[...]
[th]Very well hidden in your rant over the settings you finally got it! Yes, UK5 is supposed to be a world, where players can survive without being online 24/7 - because there's a little less advantage than usual for those, who can. ;-)[/th]

DeletedUser7832

Hey Hammer thanks,
Sorry to see you leave. I am looking forward to the meow ewar war. I think one of two things will happen, everyone starts attacking each other, or everyone starts to noble more barbs thinking they will gain more troops.

Let me guess Jsharif is taking over, may as well let kingfarrow internal noble because jsharif will not have them long. lol

Anyways good luck with whatever life brings you.

DeletedUser

Chip, its been a pleasure.
I have had fond memorys of why? and the people in them. I havent really talked to you in spcific much but I remember you from skype chats.
I have the upmost respect for you and cant understand the abuse recently given to you. Terrific guy, terrific player, loved working with ya.

DeletedUser7907

You gave me a good kicking so i should be happy your going but funny thing is i,m not the games lost a top player in more than 1 way

DeletedUser

Chip, its been a pleasure.
I have had fond memorys of why? and the people in them. I havent really talked to you in spcific much but I remember you from skype chats.
I have the upmost respect for you and cant understand the abuse recently given to you. Terrific guy, terrific player, loved working with ya.

^this
I'll miss you Chip

DeletedUser

cya chip/hammer
Hopefully you'll come back sometime, and tharg, there were some people that got that long ago :)

DeletedUser8010

Bye my friend, nice speaking to you, hope ill see you on some online poker site then aye ;) dont get your hopes up of beating me! hehe

Well nice meeting you.