Rams - how many is too many?

DeletedUser12823

Say I build a village with a level 15 workshop so I can exclusively build siege weapons.

At what point will I have so many rams there'll be no point building more?

DeletedUser

Can I ask why you'd want that many? I stick to 230, no less no more.

DeletedUser4221

Highest ive ever gone is 400 Rams per nuke but even with those numbers only ever build workshop to level 5 and im not a huge fan of Cats.

The only time ive ever used a level 15 workshop is to take advantage of Bonfire.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Highest ive ever gone is 400 Rams per nuke but even with those numbers only ever build workshop to level 5 and im not a huge fan of Cats.

The only time ive ever used a level 15 workshop is to take advance of Bonfire.

Exactly that.
As another general rule I stick to a level 2 workshop unless I have a bonfire.

DeletedUser12823

Can I ask why you'd want that many? I stick to 230, no less no more.

I wouldn't want a village full of rams, but am experimenting with a cat village and the bonfire.

You got any reports showing a full cat village in action?

Was curious with rams as to how many it takes to reduce a wall from 20 to 0, even if you lost your attacking force.

DeletedUser5582

now this is a question! So how many rams should you have... First up the question needs to be split into three really.

1: How many rams do I need to clear a villa with one nuke.
2: How many extra rams will I need as fakes
3: How many rams do I need if going up against a silly stacked villa

Answers:

Well it depends.

1: The simple answer is 219 as after that point you stop reducing your nuke's losses when hitting a stack. Sim it and see
2: Well is up to you but you need how ever many fakes plus the 219 minimum
3: 1059 rams in a wall buster nuke when hitting a silly stack soon lowers the wall enough for you to kill their def easily.... Alas UK server is unlikely to see a world where this is necessary but as a technique I often saw folks remove stacks when a few wall busters hit.

The actual amount of rams needed to reduce a wall from 20 to 0 will depend on the def in the villa against the OFF hitting it. However, more than 219 and you are losing any extra benefit the rams give you versus negating wall bonus so in simplistic terms 219.

DeletedUser11546

The magic number for rams is 213, but I might be wrong.

DeletedUser5582

213 Jo, not 219. Jeimizu is correct

It is indeed 213. All these years and I had 219 down :icon_redface:

For those doubters out there this is why.

Have used a small stack with a L20 wall

So with 200 rams our nuke does this:

Units: 0 0 7000 0 3000 0 200
Losses: 0 0 2142 0 918 0 61

Defender Units: 3000 3000
Losses: 3000 3000
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 5

Next 213 rams:

Units: 0 0 7000 0 3000 0 213
Losses: 0 0 2028 0 869 0 62

Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 4

Note that your losses in the nuke have been reduced.

Finally 250 rams (it doesn't matter how many you put in now)

Units: 0 0 7000 0 3000 0 300
Losses: 0 0 2027 0 869

Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 0

I do see that 1 extra axeman lived but that is the God Of Computers giggling at me :icon_eek:

So in summary 213 (who knew!) is the magic number to get the maximum benefit of the rams negating the walls defensive bonus and so reducing your nuke losses.

Of course if you send more rams then you will continue to lower the wall, as the sims above show, but you won't reduce the losses your nuke will take.

So if your nuke will clear a defensive force never send more than 213 as is a waste. Think of the trees you will save and the good you'll do to the environment too! Go you!

DeletedUser12823

It is indeed 213. All these years and I had 219 down :icon_redface:For those doubters out there this is why.Have used a small stack with a L20 wallSo with 200 rams our nuke does this:Units: 0 0 7000 0 3000 0 200 Losses: 0 0 2142 0 918 0 61 Defender Units: 3000 3000 Losses: 3000 3000 Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 5Next 213 rams:Units: 0 0 7000 0 3000 0 213Losses: 0 0 2028 0 869 0 62 Defender Units: 3000 3000 Losses: 3000 3000 Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 4Note that your losses in the nuke have been reduced.Finally 250 rams (it doesn't matter how many you put in now)Units: 0 0 7000 0 3000 0 300 Losses: 0 0 2027 0 869 Defender Units: 3000 3000Losses: 3000 3000 Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 20 to level 0I do see that 1 extra axeman lived but that is the God Of Computers giggling at me :icon_eek: So in summary 213 (who knew!) is the magic number to get the maximum benefit of the rams negating the walls defensive bonus and so reducing your nuke losses.Of course if you send more rams then you will continue to lower the wall, as the sims above show, but you won't reduce the losses your nuke will take.So if your nuke will clear a defensive force never send more than 213 as is a waste. Think of the trees you will save and the good you'll do to the environment too! Go you!
Thanks guys, great info.

DeletedUser3371

I suspect this is just for Cheese and Gar but maybe there are others who have checked it out too.

With the introduction of flags - the attack strength increase flags - to be precise, is the need for a minimum of 213 rams to negate the wall bonus reduced to a lower figure?

If you have the time I would also like to know, if it isn't, why not?

Conversely, does adding the defense strength increase flag to a village before a battle increase the number of rams required to negate the wall bonus?
To my mind this cannot be the case due to the flag altering only the troop strengths and not influencing the base def. (including the wall) of the said village but I cannot as easily rule out the possibility that it alters the numbers needed in attack.

I will for purposes of this discussion, assume that similar strength flags will cancel each other out but the question is based on the assumption that only either the attacker or defender is using a flag which will influence the outcome.

That being said I am not sure it is right either. Perhaps this would be best addressed as a seperate question. If you have equal attack and def. flags for the attacker and defender. Surely the def. flag increases only the troop strength and therefore any strength increase for the rams in any given scenario of the rams vs. the wall cannot be compensated for, or be cancelled out by simply adding the appropriate def. flag.

Looking forward to the replies.
Cheers in advance.
:icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11866

Going back to the question:

It depends what your plan is for your nukes, I tend to build rams in nukes which are specifically built to go in first on my wave of attacks, some call this pointless but when you hit a village with 400-600 rams it does a lot of damage to its walls and the nukes behind it have an easier job and some don't even need rams i.e. more space for brownies and axes = more damage to defending forces.

DeletedUser3371

*Bump*

Going back to the question:

You seem to be implying that I digressed?

How can finding out if using flags lowers the number of rams needed, be 'going away from the question' as you imply?

DeletedUser7966

It is indeed 213. All these years and I had 219 down :icon_redface:

219 is the number needed to take a level 20 wall to level 0 in an empty village, so it's not a completely random number