Refugees Question

DeletedUser9883

What is it with tribes willingly accepting refugees into their tribes?

Having started this server only about 2 years ago, i have repeatedly read tribal profiles stating their unwillingness to accommodate Refugees.
My tribe (ToOnS) also display this message and we mean it.

The Tribe DEVOUR have recently accepted B.E merge into them although they were pre-warned that they were accepting cleared members into their tribe.

jay-mat on 10.12. at 13:57
hey mate.

Just to let you know that you a refugee with 0 troops has entered your tribe for protection because he is beat.

[report_display]http://uk11.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/25ef2506e51f649c0fadda263907e39a[/report_display]

Jordanralph on 10.12. at 14:26
Actually his tribe is merging. And that doesn't look like 0 troops to me, unless there's another report. If there is another report, then we will support him. But sorry mate he is not a refugee.

jay-mat on 10.12. at 14:28
hmmm, i am afraid he is a refugee. he joined your tribe while being attacked, thus issuing him with said title.

Either way, it matters not too me, was simply informing you of an issue that i hate.

Jordanralph on 10.12. at 14:30
He stayed with his tribe leader and therefore is not a refugee, according to the normal terms, although I can see where you are coming from. No matter, he is a tribe member never the less, and we intend to keep him.

As I had no real dislike for B.E or DEVOUR i just ignored this noobish action, however they have only gone and done it again today...

jay-mat today at 21:20
hey again mate, hope all is well.

Just to let you know that another refugee has made his way into your tribe.

[report_display]http://uk11.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/d51da3a86d139e61270f370ea551276f[/report_display]

Jordanralph today at 21:27
its alright mate this one let me know before-hand. I know him well from other worlds and I saw him here, so I invited him in. Feel free to carry on, but this one's a mate, so I'll keep him in regardless.

jay-mat today at 21:29
ok mate, your choice.

My reason for this post is an effort to establish from you guys if my view on Refugees being accepted into a tribe is too strong.

To accept 1 person is bad, to accept 9 total?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I really don't understand why people have an issue with refugees in tribal wars. If someone invites a refugee, continue attacking him as normal. If you invite a refugee, support him like you would any other tribe member.

The idea of not "accommodating refugees" is basically stating you don't believe your tribe could defend said player. I personally would have no issues in inviting a player just because he was receiving attacks from some other, usually very small, tribe.

DeletedUser9883

indeed that is a topic we are discussing in our forums, however the very fact that a player has been defeated (during which they had so few troops) then what are they bringing to your tribe?

I appreciate that everyone suffers losses in this game, however how can one be part of a tribe if they are unable to defend themselves to a certain degree?

DeletedUser6695

I find it hard to believe he can no longer defend himself, rebuilding isn't rocket science :/

On a side note I joined a jordanralph tribe before he ain't the smartest leader

DeletedUser9883

yeah mate, your right, rebuilding isn't the hardest, it just seems counter productive to me. I mean isn't it every tribe members responsibility to be able to bring something to the tribe?

If you look at the report showing the refugees troops that were defeated, it is hard to believe the player holds in excess of 1K points to his vill.

DeletedUser6695

Troops aren't particularly necessary on this world due to the settings :(

DeletedUser9883

hmmm i would really like an explanation to this, maybe in another forum thread or in game as i struggle to comprehend this one mat

DeletedUser

indeed that is a topic we are discussing in our forums, however the very fact that a player has been defeated (during which they had so few troops) then what are they bringing to your tribe?

I appreciate that everyone suffers losses in this game, however how can one be part of a tribe if they are unable to defend themselves to a certain degree?

I don't think AP was referring to accepting a player that had already been decimated for poor performance. He simply stated that he would accept a player that was being attacked, as in the player could be easily dealing with said attacks, so while yes refugee status applies, if said player can handle himself effectively inviting him would be a plus rather than a negative

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9883

yep, that makes sense, but in both these cases the refugee's were cleared people no longer even fighting back.

DeletedUser

Consider if the player in question didn't join a new tribe but stayed in his original tribe. Your next attack hits and to your chagrin you lose your attack force. What happens next? You had already cleared him but he ends up with enough defense to destroy your troops.

Imagine the same scenario in his new tribe. They defend him and you lose your attack force. Is he a refugee? Possibly.

It's hard to define exactly what a refugee is within tribal wars. Early days yet, I ain't seen the reports so I can't comment on that. What I will say is that if he had 10 villages and you cleared them all and were in the process of sending nobles and he jumped tribes then yes, I'd consider him a refugee, I don't know too many people who would disagree with that statement.

Post up the reports so we can see exactly what happened if you don't mind.

DeletedUser9883

this makes sence. The reports are in the 1st post mate (dont know how to use externals very well lol)

DeletedUser

You post the report as a link on the externs, voila:

http://uk11.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/25ef2506e51f649c0fadda263907e39a

uk11.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/d51da3a86d139e61270f370ea551276f

The reports are open to interpretation. First report shows an attack which doesn't clear the village so we can probably chalk that up as a failed attack.

Second attack shows a village being cleared of residing troops. I wouldn't be sure if the player dodged or not. If you can be certain that those troops are all the troops the player had then you could argue that he should be classed as a refugee.

Also remember that diplomacy will dictate much of what happens early doors. The merge you talked about may have been discussed prior to the attacks so he may not wish to have one of his new recruits kicked. If you feel strongly about these guys being refugees, then certainly, continue attacking them (someone already suggested this, sound advice).

DeletedUser9883

thanks mate.

Yeah the troops the player had in the 1st report left over were cleared straight after.

The second report shows ALL troops that player had.

Yeah we are continuing as they remain our targets regardless as to their tribe.

So my understanding of refugee is completely void on the UK server compared to the .net server. Looks like i need to adapt lol

DeletedUser

The concept of refugee changes as and when required!! One man's meat and all that. Unfortunately early doors dictates that there is no such thing as a refugee as points are much more important. With a lower tribal limit I can see those guys getting kicked soon to make way for someone with slightly more points (please correct me if I am wrong)!!

DeletedUser

I'd have no problem inviting someone who was urged into war by an idiotic leader.