Remembrance Day

DeletedUser5175

While were playing at soldiers I want to remember those people who are and have fought for their countries, their sacrifices are in my thoughts.

DeletedUser

My thoughts go out to those who have lost loved ones, and to those who put their lives on the line

DeletedUser10224

Totally agree.

I wear my poppy with pride and observed the 2 minutes of silence.

My thoughts go out to anybody who has lost loved ones in the "Ultimate sacrifice"

DeletedUser

Don't really believe in the principle behind the occasion. I observed my two minutes of silence on the civilian casualties.

DeletedUser

Agree with above
g.php

DeletedUser1410

Its not being proud of the death its remembering them, and everyone else that has had to die fighting in wars.
Its not about the wars, its about the thousands that have given there lives for something they were ORDERED into......

DeletedUser

Rather than getting into a debate I thought I might post this link for those who don't appear to understand the purpose or meaning of remembrance day.

Educational Link

DeletedUser5175

Please let's not debate, all deaths are a terrible thing, many people have lost loved ones to war whether they were soldiers or civilians. It's just a moment when the world can stop and remember them and hope it won't happen forever.

DeletedUser

Its remembering those who stood up for their country but above all for their morals

DeletedUser3371

Whomever you chose to remember, it is the remembering that is important. So that we may live in the hope that it never has to happen again and that the violence that is currently happening today may also pass in history sooner rather than later.

DeletedUser

Don't really believe in the principle behind the occasion. I observed my two minutes of silence on the civilian casualties.

My silence was in remembrance of the servicemen and the civilians. Why you would restrict your remembrance for the civilians only is beyond me.

DeletedUser

Because the civilians did not have a choice in the matter.

Every soldier has a choice whether to follow orders he disagrees with or not. There are grim repercussions for insubordination, yet the ones who have a spine stand up to deployments and orders they think is wrong.

If the principle was to celebrate soldiers because they followed orders, I'd like to see the parades honoring the Waffen SS rank and file, Japanese imperial infantry from Nanking, etc, etc.

DeletedUser5175

Pervie why you making this a debate? You should know about conscription etc - it's really not always so black and white

DeletedUser5582

On this lets just pay our respects to all who suffered but please no debate. If you want to then do it on skype or pm but not here and not on this topic.