DeletedUser

How does the reputation thing work? I know there was a vote on if it should be changed, but I dont know how it was before, or what it is now.

DeletedUser

Can you see the little justice thing beneath the avatar? If you press it you can give somebody +rep and leave a comment.

You can see your own reputation if you press "User CP".

DeletedUser

How do I give reputation?
reputation25202520forum2520triba.png
click on it and rep(give a reason why plus if you want you can write down the name

Will the person know who left them rep?
No, not unless you tell them. You can only see the post and the comment for each rep point given, not who left it. Often though, people will leave their name in the comment so you know who it's from. However if you want to remain anonymous, you are able to do so.

How do I see what reputation people have left me? How do I know how many rep points I have?
Like Two-Face said, click on "User CP" which is located in top left corner of the forum page.

What are good reasons to leave positive reputation?
Reputation should be given to people who post meaningful, helpful, and thoughful posts. Any post that contributes to the thread in a positive way probably deserves positive reputation. This does not mean that you agree with what was said; the point brought up may be completely opposite to what you believe, but it may be a good point nonetheless, and worthy of a pat on the back. Giving positive reputation to someone because they are your friend and deserve to have a few more green dots next to their name isn't a good reason to give positive reputation.

Do I have to participate in the reputation system?
The reputation system is completely optional. But, by participating in discussion in our forums you are eligible to receive positive reputation points from other users. You are not obligated to do so for others. However, the more people that use the system, the better and more reliable it becomes.
This was copied from another site and pasted in the Voting thread, but since i was lazy to write much more i copied, edited it and posted it here. :icon_biggrin:
I know there was a vote on if it should be changed, but I dont know how it was before, or what it is now.

Before
:
There were three kind of reps, these were negative(red), neutral(grey) and positive(green).
However, when you clicked this
you were able to give either positive or negative reputation. Although you could give only negative and positive reputation sometimes those were not counted or recognized by the system (i don't know for sure as to why) so they were counted as neutral (it did not increase or decrease your reputation points).
Also,
[th]+10 reputation was the starting amount for every new member in the forums.[/th]

Now: With the change you are able to give only positive reputation hence why there is only one option instead of two when you click on this
. I'd say that since there is no negative reputation then possibly neutral reputation is no longer possible. I'm not sure with this one so don't take my word for it. I would suggest to ask Thargoran if it is possible for the neutral rep to still be around. Maybe if someone has received one after the change took place then they can confirm it.

Another thing that they did with the reputation change is that they removed 10 reputation points that were given to new members or all members prior to this change.

The reason you see people with red (negative rep) squares under their name or avatar is because prior to this they had received negative reputation but with removal of +10 rep points they are into the negatives now but no worries, they no longer can get negative rep-ed (well, administrators can still neg rep). If someone has 0 reputation points then the box is grey, as is yours. :p

Edit: I forgot to say that now all new members start with zero reputation points.
Edit 2:
forum2520tribalwars.png

forum2520tribalwars.png

the new forum member has 0 rep points because of the color of that square. The zero to the left stands for posts.
lol, no more editing :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks a lot, althugh it seems like the negative would come in handy. A lot of people tend to post completely meaningless stuff.

If someone was abusing the privledge, I would suggest a limit on the number of reputation points someone could give or take per day. That wa you couldnt just go down the list of posts and add negative to everyone

DeletedUser

Negative was an option, but taken away due to votes, as people were being quite silly with it (as well as +rep)

Means, +rep carefully and when tis needed and called for, well, tis what it should be like :(

DeletedUser

Thanks a lot, althugh it seems like the negative would come in handy. A lot of people tend to post completely meaningless stuff.

If someone was abusing the privledge, I would suggest a limit on the number of reputation points someone could give or take per day. That wa you couldnt just go down the list of posts and add negative to everyone

The negative was being abused quite alot, in a week period I got 8 </3 -reps for no reason.

DeletedUser

I have had a total of 6 -reps

Only one was legit >.>

DeletedUser

What does your rep have to be before you hand it out?

DeletedUser

@Bungle - If you click Quick links > User CP and look at the bottom where your reps are, you will notice you are at 0. So either you have received as many + reps as - reps or you haven't recieved any at all.

DeletedUser1680

@Bungle - If you click Quick links > User CP and look at the bottom where your reps are, you will notice you are at 0. So either you have received as many + reps as - reps or you haven't recieved any at all.

Oh thanks ^.^

So can I +rep people even if I am grey?

DeletedUser

Not to sure. You can give it a try on some people and hope it works, although I don't think it does.

DeletedUser

Oh thanks ^.^

So can I +rep people even if I am grey?

I would assume so. If the forum was reset and no one had any rep I would have to guess that people with 0 rep can give +reps seeing as if they couldn't no one would have any rep at all.

Not to sure. You can give it a try on some people and hope it works, although I don't think it does.

And by "some people" you mean you right? xD

DeletedUser

Lol, not what I meant at all, but reading it, it does sound like that.

PLUS. He did +Rep me so yes, it does work Bungle.

DeletedUser1680

Oh cool ^.^

Cept' I have green rep now.

"+rep because I love B.U.N.G.L.E. on Bungie.net ^.^"