Reputation.

• Thread starter Final Countdown
  • Start date

Nauzhror

Reaction score
[th]Probably it's just you and Einstein annoying people with constantly talking about your received reputations? The broken-heard comments (with -rep) in your logs are all from different members. Same goes for Einstein. :icon_wink:[/th]

I'd reckon that it's not more than 1 person, just more than one username. Negative rep makes sense, several people having neg rep all with the same nonsensical message doesn't.

DeletedUser

I'd reckon that it's not more than 1 person, just more than one username. Negative rep makes sense, several people having neg rep all with the same nonsensical message doesn't.

[th]No, I checked the aliases. Appearanlty there's more than one member in this forums, whose heart got broken. :icon_wink:[/th]

DeletedUser

I'd say it's probably people making a joke out of this thread, seeing that people have </3 as a comment, and doing the same thing :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

How low does your rep have to be to have your +reps not do anything?

DeletedUser

0 i expect...after all, you only give the amount of rep you have.

DeletedUser

0 i expect...after all, you only give the amount of rep you have.
No, rep power and points are two different thing. Right now everyone's giving +1 reps (I imagine mods/admin would give more though), but not everyone has only 1 rep point. I think that 10 points is the least amount of rep you need for your reps to not be grey.

DeletedUser

How long do I have to wait before I can give rep to the same person again?
I've now noticed 2 good posts I wanted to give rep for but cant. :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

Five pounds says it's Thar who's neg repping everyone at random :icon_wink:

(@ Zalastian) And I think it depends on your current rep as to how many reps you can give to the same person in a specific period of time

DeletedUser

Five pounds says it's Thar who's neg repping everyone at random :icon_wink:

(@ Zalastian) And I think it depends on your current rep as to how many reps you can give to the same person in a specific period of time

[th]Not really. My signs of dissatisfaction regarding a member's postings are different ones. And some members in this forums already have noticed it. :icon_wink:[/th]

DeletedUser

[th]Not really. My signs of dissatisfaction regarding a member's postings are different ones. And some members in this forums already have noticed it. :icon_wink:[/th]
*Imagine's Thar's ban-hammer...*

DeletedUser

Lets just say it involves a hammer and it ain't pretty.

Thanks for answering my question guys :).

DeletedUser

Another negative rep with </3 as the comment. That makes 2. Someone obviously is finding it fun to down rep random posts for little to no reason.

Funny enough it was this post that got the negative rep this time.
:lol: This is like .net the more you complain the me more you get negative rep-ed, so you two better drop it.
Been there done that. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

How long do I have to wait before I can give rep to the same person again?
I've now noticed 2 good posts I wanted to give rep for but cant. :icon_sad:
I don't think it's a period of time, but amount of people you rep. So, for every ten people you rep (just a random number, not sure what the real one is) you can only rep each one once. Once you rep someone, you would need to rep another 10 people to rep them again.
And yes, this can be revealed, it's the requirements to rep people that can't be revealed. That's why they said it's the requirements for rep that can't be revealed :).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No, you cannot see the user who gave you reputation, you can only see the comment. Negative or positive. The only way to see who gave you reputation, is if they put their name in the Reputation comment. If they don't do that, your won't be able to find out who gave you reputation. But they might have sent you a PM that they sent you some reputation, but if they want to stay hidden, they probably wont send you a PM.

DeletedUser

No, you cannot see the user who gave you reputation, you can only see the comment. Negative or positive. The only way to see who gave you reputation, is if they put their name in the Reputation comment. If they don't do that, your won't be able to find out who gave you reputation. But they might have sent you a PM that they sent you some reputation, but if they want to stay hidden, they probably wont send you a PM.

Thanks but that has been said multiple times already ;)

Adding on to what you said. It is not the best idea to sign negative reps with your name as some vengeful people might go ahead and negative rep you back in spite. Also, try not to be too obvious of who you are in your comment, this includes saying the exact same thing as you wrote in your response.

DeletedUser334

Yeah, I agree i have gotten all positive rep so far though about 5-6 people have given me rep.

DeletedUser334

Thanks but that has been said multiple times already ;)

Adding on to what you said. It is not the best idea to sign negative reps with your name as some vengeful people might go ahead and negative rep you back in spite. Also, try not to be too obvious of who you are in your comment, this includes saying the exact same thing as you wrote in your response.

You just had to give me negative rep huh? lol

DeletedUser

Also, try not to be too obvious of who you are in your comment, this includes saying the exact same thing as you wrote in your response.
Is anyone really that daft :icon_confused:? If something like that happened to me, I'd just assume they were two different people and it was coincidental. Or maybe I have too much faith in human intelligence...

DeletedUser

I quite like the rep system to be honest. Seems to be working well. Mostly :p