Research

DeletedUser

I have a few questions regarding research and the way it is implemented.

1. If for example your research a unit to level 3, do all existing units produced before the research now become level 3 or do they stay at the level they were produced at?

2. If you send units produced at say level 3 to support a village that only has that unit researched to level 2 what level are the units effectively at?

DeletedUser

I have a few questions regarding research and the way it is implemented.

1. If for example your research a unit to level 3, do all existing units produced before the research now become level 3 or do they stay at the level they were produced at?

2. If you send units produced at say level 3 to support a village that only has that unit researched to level 2 what level are the units effectively at?

Troops take on the research level of the village they are in, so answer to question one is yes and question two is level two.

DeletedUser

I wanted to ask in addition to this.. (so sorry to bump thread, but didn't see a need to open a new one)

If you send units produced at level 3 to support a village that does not have that unit researched yet, what happens?

For example, a newly nobled vill that you haven't researched HC in yet, gets support in the form of HC.

DeletedUser

It would be level1 tech iirc.

Would assume so seeing as the same thing could happen on a Simple tech world and would work at the same power [Level 1].

DeletedUser

Thanks :). Just wanted to double check, I kinda feared there would they might take on half the power of level 1 or something stupid :S