RK - The Story

DeletedUser

Recently as some have noticed and inquired about THE went about a name change and tribe restructure. Some have raised questions as to the circumstances behind this and the reasoning. What does it all mean they ask? Well I will try and convey some sort of idea as to why this came about. To do this, I will tell the story of a tribe called RK, its rise to 'fame', sudden demise and rebirth from the ashes.

RK the fore story

RK originally came about from a start-up tribe called hazard. It started with good intentions (hazard that is) yet some people decided picking on the barb nobler Simtrek was a good idea. Sadly he had more villages and troops than the entire tribe. These players lost everything and it was obvious the leaders were quite the ones we thought they were

Arise Sir MacAiodh, I’ve known of this player from W1 .uk in the tribe W1N. He spoke a great deal of sense and reason about what his goal and vision to bring a top rank tribe about. A great many of us followed him and the name Rethink (RK) was born. RK grew at a steady pace securing K34. Around November time we were getting along nicely, having annihilated the only main contender for the K Maiden with a 2 week war. MacAiodh however went quiet never to reappear again.

A New leader

MacAiodh was AWOL for the best part of 2 weeks, the tribe started to lose direction and people were grumbling. The council unsure how to act stood there, my co-player Bergkamp however being the very forward chap he is, suggested we appoint a new Duke. Needless to say you suggest such things, well you end up being the one people pick since they themselves do not wish to do it.

RK Golden days

RK then grew claiming full K dominance of K34 managing to join the two split halves we held in the middle, rapidly securing the RIM and moving south. As has previously been covered in numerous posts the GOLD war started, JBOX our allies then joined after around a week or two of GOLD declaring on us. The GOLD war ended somewhat quicker than anyone would have ever predicted.

RK kept the alliance with JBOX with the view in my eyes and terms to keep it until the end of the world and the big showdown. We moved south taking out Darkwolfs (Redrum also allies moved prematurely on this starting a few days before us)

K44 was looking good controlled by us and Redrum.

The decline

I hit some rough patches with my RL life, I became less involved deferring to my trusted barons who kept things running smoothly. As I continued to distance Redrum players left over Darths comments, JBOX then dropped the NAP with them. At this point I hit a really hard patch and had to stop altogether playing to focus on RL. I left my account in the hands of one of the barons.

I am somewhat still perplexed over how the formation of THE occurred, needless to say we had talked about a merge in days gone by only to be refused by Max & Darth when Redrum was at full strength before these players left. I do not doubt my baron acted in the best intentions but what was left of Redrum along with Darth & Max merged into RK and renamed it THE, even worse in my eyes a family tribe was formed with the SMEG players (In hindsight have now gotten to know a few of them that have kept fighting and not quit/gone inactive I am glad to have them aboard).

I all but vowed to quit the game at this point I had felt a betrayal had occurred my vision and hard work for the tribe had been undermined. I took my account back with baron status, I toyed with the idea of going rogue, but could not bring myself to break the trust I had with players still loyal to me. I then received mails pertaining to those loyal to me to start a new tribe. At this point Darth & Max started pushing the tribe even closer to war with JBOX. Infractions on both sides over THE1 and other issues occurred and it derailed into a tit for tat exchange. Both sides were in the wrong in the end however it is neither here nor there now.

War erupts

THE declared not by PnP nor in game declaration but through the medium of nukes, while I see this as slightly strange, it could only be seen as an inevitable end to the friction that had built up. I was at this point basically an outside observer not playing my account at this point. The war does not go well especially for THE1 who in the rapid declaration were unable to be stacked or prepared for war. This lead to a massive rout of THE1, villages falling by the score rapidly. In the end we come to the point where we had a core of THE1 players left – salute to you guys for still fighting against the odds. In the end Darth & Max left suddenly deleting and leaving us in the deep end. I bear no grudge against them, both are good players (let no external slander from these forums convince you otherwise) however I was personally disappointed they left the pieces to be picked up.

My return

At this point life for me had calmed down, I had returned to play the previous week of Darth & Max leaving. I noticed the lack of communication, the defeatist attitudes the simply downtrodden vibe in the tribe. I went back to the council position I had held, talking with Schoj05 and Speedmerchant (both had taken over duke at this point), and both suggested I take the Duke ship back. At this point the tribe as at its lowest, to this end something needed to be done. I wasn’t happy to run a tribe as a family or to carry slackers anymore.

The rebirth

To this end I discussed with the council in depth that a revitalisation of the tribe was needed, the general consensus was in agreement with this. How to gather the troops and bring people back together again? To me the answer was clear, a new start was needed, a new image. Something was needed that bore some homage to our roots and a new start. To this end the tribe was renamed to New Dawn and the tag chosen was RK to bear homage to our original roots.

The future

Well there is the answer people had been wanting, some may find it interesting, others may find it indulgent, I personally do not care how you take it. The war of the world is upon uk6 and we intend to meet that challenge and give our best. RK is under going change at the moment with many of the changes for the better in place now. We will continue to adapt and bring about new changes over the course of the weeks to come.

Best regards

Thunderhorse

DeletedUser

ahhhh... I love stories :)

I am very pleased you did this because I had no idea about anything from the bsginning. :) Very nice and glad that RL has given you the oppertunity to return. May your nukes die on my walls though ;)

I am also intrigued that you are not a fan of families.. THANK YOU for that. LMAo.. I am a known family hater :)

+REP for sure

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6748

Yeah great post Thunder, and yes I thought that the end war was going to be Jbox vs RK.

Perhaps the other Dukes of the top 4 tribes could do something similar showing how their tribe has come about and their take on the world.

DeletedUser6603

Interesting read, part of me still regrets leaving UK6 - I was one of the original players who followed Mac to RK. Mac was one of the most supportive players and leaders I have ever had the pleasure of playing with, and even back then it was clear there was a good bunch of players coming together.

I dont know much about whats going on in UK6 now, but I wish RK the best of luck ;-)

DeletedUser

Good to hear from you again Pablo, your always welcome to come back and have some fun

DeletedUser8782

Yeah great post Thunder, and yes I thought that the end war was going to be Jbox vs RK.

Perhaps the other Dukes of the top 4 tribes could do something similar showing how their tribe has come about and their take on the world.

I would say it would be very hard as if im correct none of the other dukes in any of the Top4 tribes have been around since the beggining maybe FATE duke but thats it as i know AKP and JBOX dukes havent been around from the start

DeletedUser

I would say it would be very hard as if im correct none of the other dukes in any of the Top4 tribes have been around since the beggining maybe FATE duke but thats it as i know AKP and JBOX dukes havent been around from the start

Well the original Fate duke left aswell I think - but your right - I took over Jbox (with chubbs) after they'd been around for a month or so (I'm guessing)..

I'm guessing chubbs could do a Jbox one if asked - he's in the loop about what happened before the merge of his tribe and Jbox back in the day

DeletedUser4147

Well the original Fate duke left aswell I think - but your right - I took over Jbox (with chubbs) after they'd been around for a month or so (I'm guessing)..

I'm guessing chubbs could do a Jbox one if asked - he's in the loop about what happened before the merge of his tribe and Jbox back in the day

I'm sure glen can fill in any missing details, seeming as he was part of the original foundations of the tribe. I am personally amazed how good it has become, when i look back and see that it was set up by franklin & lordscro (they played the blind beggar account) and glen (aurai).

But i'm enjoying it in the tribe, will be interesting to know about the early months, i must say. Shame i'm not on an RK front, would love to give thunderhorse a fight, i know how organised him and berg can be, from my short lived stay in TEA. But i guess i'll have to eat AKP to make that front line :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

The future

Well there is the answer people had been wanting, some may find it interesting, others may find it indulgent, I personally do not care how you take it. The war of the world is upon uk6 and we intend to meet that challenge and give our best. RK is under going change at the moment with many of the changes for the better in place now. We will continue to adapt and bring about new changes over the course of the weeks to come.

Best regards

Thunderhorse

I feel it's time for a little update as to the direction of RK. Since Thunder wrote that lovely tail of exhilaration, triumph, betrayal, deceit and rebirth a lot has happened.

1. I came back, now I'm not one to blow my own trumpet(god knows I would if I were good enough), but, Thunder and I's unique combination allows for one player to lead a tribe with a dukeship with two distinct personalities. Therefore we can relate to a hell of a lot more people in the tribe, between us the tribe has united on a common front. It's fun again!

2. People believe again, during the dark times, people lost interest in supporting, had no interest in tribal ops and generally could not be bothered. In recent weeks the co-ordination and camaraderie on display has been exceptional. No longer are we a tribe of players, we are a family of players.

3. Our founder has returned! He's back!

Berg

DeletedUser

speedmerchant as a co

Always one to add drama to every situation Chubbs eh :p

But yes, Mac is co-playing the speedmerchant account, but he is so much more than than that. He is the aliens to Area 51, he is the Bergkamp to our Arsenal, he is the Negri to our Rangers :p

DeletedUser

He is the one who used to attack chubbs on w1 and make us giggle..

Glad he's back tho - top bloke!

DeletedUser

Good read, nice to see how everything went down. Interesting insight into one of UK6's top tribes......:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I just read that for the 1st time. And it made me remember why I don't read Thunder's drivel...

He makes no mention of the momentous return of Berg. There were three pivotal moments in that story that I was erased from. Damn you Thunder, damn you to hell!!

Berg

DeletedUser10789

yeah, i was playing back in the december of 2011 and the best tribes around at the time were
IWL-Imperial Warlords
RK- Re-think, declared war on my tribe :(
Jbox-The Juice Box
Gold- All that glitters
cant remember many more that were around that time, but i still remember having a lie-in sunday morning and looking on my phone and though blimey, my tribe has gone up a rank, what has happened, i looked on rankings and Jbox had gone up several million points and i saw GOLD had disbanded and ruffus had got destroyed.

DeletedUser8385

yeah, i was playing back in the december of 2011 and the best tribes around at the time were
IWL-Imperial Warlords
RK- Re-think, declared war on my tribe :(
Jbox-The Juice Box
Gold- All that glitters
cant remember many more that were around that time, but i still remember having a lie-in sunday morning and looking on my phone and though blimey, my tribe has gone up a rank, what has happened, i looked on rankings and Jbox had gone up several million points and i saw GOLD had disbanded and ruffus had got destroyed.

ruffus wasn't leading, gold ended up inactive, a decent amount ended up joining jbox as with people just quitting it was obvious we were not going to win in the end.