Scripts

DeletedUser

Its not a bad point. I'd like to see the bar lowered, to enable more players to use scripts. The script guides / stickies here and on .net are not especially helpful to the script newbie.

Perhaps someone could take some time and write a better guide, and perhaps all scripts should be published with some help on how to use them, which browsers they work on, which tw page they are run on etc etc... rather than just posted up.

DeletedUser14

Its not a bad point. I'd like to see the bar lowered, to enable more players to use scripts. The script guides / stickies here and on .net are not especially helpful to the script newbie.

Perhaps someone could take some time and write a better guide, and perhaps all scripts should be published with some help on how to use them, which browsers they work on, which tw page they are run on etc etc... rather than just posted up.
Guides would definitely be a good idea, i would write one but im very bad with words and explaining stuff, but really scripts are not hard to use once the writer does most of the work. If someone with a bit of knowledge could explain how to install a script into the quick bar with some screenys and another guide on how to put a script as a bookmark(if anyone wants to do this i will help with an IE and firefox guide) then many people would be able to use them.

Also on the behalf of the writer to explain how to use the script, again im bad with words but usually all the good scripts do have some type of explination on how to use them, also if your not able to use a script just post in the relevant thread asking for help and someone will come to your aid:icon_wink: at least on .net they will, where there is some discusion allowed.

But deffinatly the best arguement against scripts that i have seen thus far, everyone else just say they ruin the game and wander off:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser578

I don't think they ruin the game. But I do think they change the game dynamics fundementally.

My husband is a professional geek, and when he explains things to me sometimes things that are very simple to him, go WAY over my head. It is like talking an entirely different language. He sometimes finds it difficult to explain it in terms that non-techy person understands.

In some respects, scripts like mass recruit / mint coins would be better simply being written into the game mechanics so they are accessible to everyone. The trouble being that really there doesn't seem any financial incentive to Inno Games to actually do this on the surface of it. I think in reality, its one of those things that would vastly improve the playing experience of a large number of players who lie are in the more casual player bracket and would infact increase revenue as a result.

I honestly believe that if Inno Games want Tribalwars to continue and allow newer players to get into the game in the face of extremely tough competition from players who literally have years of experience this is the route they need to look at going down - anything that helps to reduce the advantage that the most experienced players have. The .co.uk team (and indeed .net team) work hard to make sure that the best guides are promoted, and perhaps organised in a way that makes them as easy as possible for players who haven't been playing since the Ice Age can find them and learn from them in order to be able to compete effectively as quickly as possible.

DeletedUser

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there is a forum regarding scripts already.

DeletedUser

For those saying that scripts ruin the game, please remember that TW is here to earn money.

Playing large accounts without premium is painful and most people wouldn't bother. This would lead to a loss of premium purchase and member base. This game is aiming to make us have fun. Not slave away all day recruiting troops in countless villages or sending hundreds of fakes manually.

Scripts save time and make the game more fun. It doesn't disadvantage anyone because everyone is allowed to use them. Yes, some don't work with premium, but premium is cheap and pretty much everyone can purchase it (or getting hold of it).

Nauzhror

Reaction score
For those saying that scripts ruin the game, please remember that TW is here to earn money.

Playing large accounts without premium is painful and most people wouldn't bother. This would lead to a loss of premium purchase and member base. This game is aiming to make us have fun. Not slave away all day recruiting troops in countless villages or sending hundreds of fakes manually.

Scripts save time and make the game more fun. It doesn't disadvantage anyone because everyone is allowed to use them. Yes, some don't work with premium, but premium is cheap and pretty much everyone can purchase it (or getting hold of it).

More people were complaining that almost scripts here are illegal, not the other way around.

DeletedUser

Well, to be fair, I didn't have time to read through it all, but I skimmed through a few posts.

And then yes, I would have to agree, it would be stupid for scripts that are allowed on .net to be disallowed on co.uk in my opinion. Just doesn't seem logical.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, I didn't have time to read through it all, but I skimmed through a few posts.

And then yes, I would have to agree, it would be stupid for scripts that are allowed on .net to be disallowed on co.uk in my opinion. Just doesn't seem logical.

They are. There are currently only four scripts allowed on .co.uk

Specifically, if it is not listed here then it is not legal to use on .co.uk. This means no lc calculators and no scout report evaluators. It also means no scripts to create bookmarks to send the proper amount of lc every four hours.

DeletedUser

Ouch.

Reading the scripts rules section hurts.

There go fake scripts and farming scripts.

DeletedUser

I expect that players will find a way around it ... use more external tools and more bookmark farming. I doubt anyone would leave the game for this reason alone.

DeletedUser

I already use bookmark farming a later ingame, but the lc calculating script makes for some really effecient early farming.

Also, fake scripts are now technically not allowed, which is also going to be a concern later ingame.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Ouch.

Reading the scripts rules section hurts.

There go fake scripts and farming scripts.

The farming scripts I'll miss. Good riddance for the faking part. I don't think the proper way to win a war is to send 15,000 fakes and have them get overwhelmed trying to tag them all and give up. That's not my idea of fun at all.

DeletedUser

I already use bookmark farming a later ingame, but the lc calculating script makes for some really effecient early farming.

Also, fake scripts are now technically not allowed, which is also going to be a concern later ingame.

Sadly this is true.

Some people just can't play fair because they have a feeling that they are above the rules.

DeletedUser

:( This saddens me

DeletedUser

The farming scripts I'll miss. Good riddance for the faking part. I don't think the proper way to win a war is to send 15,000 fakes and have them get overwhelmed trying to tag them all and give up. That's not my idea of fun at all.
I feel exactly the same.

Farming script just saved time. It's still easy enough to calculate it in your head (Add together, over 80, give a little bit for travelling time unless it's full etc.) but it'll actually require time - Something I thought I'd actually save with the Night Bonus.

DeletedUser

I have a solution (or at least the idea of one)

A farming script that doesnt use the rally point - although you will need premium.

DeletedUser

I have a second solution. Albeit slightly less easy to use, but more customizable.

An excel spreadsheet, where you stick in the report, and it works out the amount of LC needed to send. I would happily make one if it would be useful to anyone?

And about a guide that's better than the regular approved scripts list? I was going to make one, but Thar said it would be unlikely that it would be approved :icon_neutral: If he changes his mind, I'm still up for making it though!

DeletedUser

I have a solution (or at least the idea of one)

A farming script that doesnt use the rally point - although you will need premium.
Not needed. You can just click 'attack again with all troops' :icon_neutral:

More resourceful people have already found a way to make it a LOT more efficient.