Secrecy Builds Suspicion (Or Why I left ORC)

DeletedUser

As a long standing member of LRAG but not on the council i'd give these comments.

If we continue in LRAG with what we've done in the past everybody will get a chance to prove themselves large or small.
Naturally we are limited to 100 members so i should think orc will be kept going for the forseeable future and gradually members will be transfered over as space becomes available.

We treat all new members (Orc) exactly the same as we have always done once you are in LRAG you get treated the same as long standing members of the tribe there is no them and us syndrome ,we give everyone the chance to prove themselves but if you are inactive or fail to support the tribe when requested then you become dead weight wether you are a longstanding LRAG member or a New addition you'll get treated the same and i'm sorry like all tribes we don't require dead weight and you need to earn your place and earn the right to keep it..

As for internals the council offer them to members of the tribe regardless of size and usually it's logical to offer them to active players where they fall within the church area, we've never had the council hogging them otherwise TAFF would be above me in the tribes rankings instead of me and many others standing on his shoulders to get to the top;).perhaps i should complain about this merger as i appear to have an additional 5 or 6 players standing on mine:)

Kutusov

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser589

From a W1N perspective, the ORC council did nothing for their tribe... they didn't even fight for their tribe and thats proven in the statistics!
What seemed to be going on at council level was a lot of internaling and insuring the "Clique" got the best of growth opportunities.

If I was a member of a tribe and didnt feel that my council were pulling their weight then I would leave too.

Some people are clearly angry with Dec, most notably Hardrain, but all of you have to remember this is a game and Dec decided she wanted to have fun and play in a tribe where everyone pulls their weight including the council!

Dec is not the first red dot to turn blue for us and im 100% sure she won't be the last.

To LRAG, this is honestly a very bad move, you had a compact unit and now you are spreading yourselves too thin but we in W1N welcome this new border. This is exactly the same scenario as TR and we all know what happened there!

To the ORCS that are moving over, you can run and hide but we will still hunt you down.

To those that are left waiting for a place to open up eventually...... good luck

I would like to end with this note... ORC born, ORC bred, LRAG dead......

[PS where are the W1N haters who have ben supporting ORC through this war.... Kilroy, Trip at Toronto etc.... Would hate for them to miss how this one ended]

Side 1:
Tribes: W1N
Side 2:
Tribes: ORC

Timeframe: Forever

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 3,259
Side 2: 893
Difference: 2,366

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 28,904,427
Side 2: 7,988,189
Difference: 20,916,238

chart

And lets not forget there were ORC2 and LRAGFO that are no more... 4 tribes into 1... id call that some good eating :lol:

DeletedUser

Luke Bishop said:
To LRAG, this is honestly a very bad move, you had a compact unit and now you are spreading yourselves too thin but we in W1N welcome this new border. This is exactly the same scenario as TR and we all know what happened there!

To the ORCS that are moving over, you can run and hide but we will still hunt you down.

To those that are left waiting for a place to open up eventually...... good luck

I would like to end with this note... ORC born, ORC bred, LRAG dead......

[PS where are the W1N haters who have ben supporting ORC through this war.... Kilroy, Trip at Toronto etc.... Would hate for them to miss how this one ended]
I disagree Luke. TR were a barb nobling only tribe that had never been confronted with a real challenge. LRAG leadership known what we can and cannot do, they know when something is positive for us and when something simply isn't.

The ORC's moving over are no longer ORC, they are LRAG. They will be treated the same and will act as one unit, as LRAG do. As you go for them, you'll get the same strong force that LRAG has been throwing at up, except we're forever getting stronger. Those left waiting have options themselves as Taff has said on skype in the chatroom.

I'd like to end with this note... "To be the best, you've got to beat the best. That's all there is to it." -- Adam Vinatieri

DeletedUser

I'd like to end with this note... "To be the best, you've got to beat the best. That's all there is to it." -- Adam Vinatieri

You were doing fine till you quoted some yank footballer ??

People are entitled to have an opinion. It's just that yours is lost in translation .

tess tickle1 2011:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

I just believe that quote is sufficient, LRAG are challenging the 'best' of the world. It doesn't matter who said it, it's what the words symbolise.

DeletedUser589

I disagree Luke. TR were a barb nobling only tribe that had never been confronted with a real challenge. LRAG leadership known what we can and cannot do, they know when something is positive for us and when something simply isn't.

The ORC's moving over are no longer ORC, they are LRAG. They will be treated the same and will act as one unit, as LRAG do. As you go for them, you'll get the same strong force that LRAG has been throwing at up, except we're forever getting stronger. Those left waiting have options themselves as Taff has said on skype in the chatroom.

Those TR barb noblers are the same players who were good enough for ORC, who are the same players you are taking in.

DeletedUser8534

I dont see the problem

She was unhappy in her current tribe and felt it was going nowhere.

What is she gonna do? Stick around and be unhappy or hit the delete button???

No she wanted to carry on fighting in this war game.

I know what she means when she said didn't really want to join the enemy that is W1N. I had the same princpals when my old KGM tribe started to crumble under the waves of attacks.

However I got talking to the guys who were attacking me such as Chris Miles and found they were actually decent people I grew to realise that if I wanted to survive in this world then it would be best served over on the tribe I thought I hated W1N so I got myself an account that was available and enjoyed the game a hell of a lot more.

You cannot publicly criticise someone for wanting to extend his/her game time and hoping to make it more enjoyable by attacking rather than defending.

To me its a no brainer. A tribe is only as good as its leadership and its so obvious now that Orc failed in this position big time.

DeletedUser

And I am very sure every active Orc player will get a chance in the new joint outfit, in one form or another. I don't expect any regularly active player to be without an opportunity of some kind to show what they can do. And of course, Stutzy, the person making the decisions has no secrets from me, so I can be confident about this.

And Dec... There is a huge difference between leaving - if you think you must - and joining the enemy. It is a game, yes, but that should not be used to obscure the fact that many people put a huge amount of time, effort and commitment into it. Saying "it's a game", therefore, doesn't magically free you of all responsibilities. Leave if you must, but to join the enemy is to disrespect the effort - and trust - of those who have fought beside you.

Oh, and, including TB you had several options available to you before joining W1N. The arrival of TB changed your situation and your options - and I know you later learned other things that did so as well. It's not good enough to simply say "I had said I would join W1N"... you are intelligent and any intelligent person knows that new circumstances require new thinking. You did none... do we not have to conclude that you didn't want to? That you joined W1N not through lack of choice, but because this was your choice? If so, very well. But if so admit it.

DeletedUser

Taff - the ultimate politician.

It's a game. Simple. You can quit, walk away, tribe hop, whatever. It's in no shape or form a reflection of your personality so please stop trying to put any other spin on it. Responsibilities? Like what...?

DeletedUser

and out of an Lrag W1N choice I know who I would rather go to

DeletedUser

and out of an Lrag W1N choice I know who I would rather go to

yes Brad... and that is who LRAG would rather you should go to as well, so everybody is happy.

And Reef - "the Ultimate politician"? Well thank you for the compliment (we'll assume that this is what it was...) Certainly I do my best for my tribe in these matters, but actually in that contest I would always defer to Luke. He not only has greater skills and more bravado, he has a better grip of the necessary pragmatism.

DeletedUser2918

not really taff, Its no-where near the same!. A football game to use your analogy will usually last 90 minutes (or 96 minutes if playing Man Utd and they're losing lol) so there is always the opportunity to move after a match

the wars between wn1 and Orc/LRAG however will never cease until one of the sides wins and the other is no more. Seeing that this is the case whenever Dec decided to move over the wars would still be in place.

DeletedUser

Chris, you post often and are very rarely entirely wrong. But sometimes you are not entirely correct, either, and this is one of those times. Yes, wars last longer - and you may well be right about the length of this one. But just as that is different from the - nevertheless useful - football analogy, there is another difference, as well. In football, during a match there is not a third option... in TW there is. She could for instance have joined TB, with no complaint from anybody and no suspicion of impropriety.

And, Dec, yes you could. You were going to be breaking faith with somebody, regardless, and the obligation you might feel to W1N after having said you would join, certainly did not need to take priority over your obligation to the Orc colleagues who had fought with and for you for so long.

My point is that Dec was under no compulsion to join the enemy, if she felt she must leave Orc. If that was what she wished to do, over all other alternatives, then so be it - as several people have said, it is perfectly within the rules and there have been precedents between these very two tribes. If Dec says that she is in W1N because that is the tribe she wants to be in above all others then I'll shut up and we will all know how to view the matter. It's this talking to us about rock-and-hard place choices that confuses me. There were other options if she'd wanted them.

DeletedUser

Hey things do change and you are right, Chris. But it's all about when. Not during a war. An amateur footballer may join another team if he wishes - no problem. But he would be villified if he did that half way through a game, would he not? It's exactly the same.

He can move half way through a season....

So it depends on how you draw up your metaphor.

My point is that Dec was under no compulsion to join the enemy, if she felt she must leave Orc.

She can do whatever she wants to do. It's a game played under no compulsion.

In fact, until you leave ORC for W1N you don't really realise how bad things were.

DeletedUser

I think you're all missing Taff's point, intentially or not.

Joining the enemy you are fighting currently, directly, in war against is surely leaving your friends in the lurch, a selfish option. Commonly called a traitor. As already stated, its a legitamate option. But there were plenty of others open to her which were far less selfish.

DeletedUser2961

Oh for goodness sake lets get real people - we are not "the enemy", we are just another group of people playing the same game you are. Dec got chatty with us all in the skype chat room and realised, actually, big bad W1N players aren't exactly as big and bad as we are portrayed. In fact we have had a laugh. So perhaps - SHOCK HORROR - Dec thought she'd come and be part of a group that still remember this is, first and foremost, a game. Perhaps Dec thought she'd like to be a part of a group of people that made her laugh and enjoy herself - incidentally, she is laughing and enjoying herself in W1N and playing TW more than she has in quite a while. So lets put our rattles back in our prams and drop it!

DeletedUser

Oh for goodness sake lets get real people - we are not "the enemy", we are just another group of people playing the same game you are. Dec got chatty with us all in the skype chat room and realised, actually, big bad W1N players aren't exactly as big and bad as we are portrayed. In fact we have had a laugh. So perhaps - SHOCK HORROR - Dec thought she'd come and be part of a group that still remember this is, first and foremost, a game. Perhaps Dec thought she'd like to be a part of a group of people that made her laugh and enjoy herself - incidentally, she is laughing and enjoying herself in W1N and playing TW more than she has in quite a while. So lets put our rattles back in our prams and drop it!

That's kind of irrelevant. Everyone here (I hope:icon_eek:) knows this is a game and you can feel free to do what you like, and honestly I hope Dec has great fun. However, these forums are part of the game, and if someone joins the competition you should expect a bit of an outcry. It's not personal, its politics :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Agree totally. Orc, or should I say Rex/fi took it far too seriously. That statement is not a character assassination, it can just happen. But you weren't allowed to disagree with Rex. I had some run ins with her that weren't much fun. Never had the same in W1N (apart from Dan and Cody winding me up saying defending is easy....)

DeletedUser

Joining the enemy you are fighting currently, directly, in war against is surely leaving your friends in the lurch, a selfish option. Commonly called a traitor.

If you wasn't in the "clique" then you cant really call them you're friends can you??