• Yes

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • No

Votes: 25 65.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

No identity

Reaction score
Co playing has always been a thing on UK for as long as I can remember, why change that now? I feel like all this hostility was due to people push accounting and now all of a sudden we’re going to look down on co playing as a bad thing.

We should be trying to encourage more people to play the game and not kill it off even more than it already is. Some people don’t have the time it takes to run an account so they co play.

Last edited:

sp33duser

Reaction score
if people can get away for the most parts with bots and push accounts there will still be people that get away with coplaying even if not possible, the only way i'd see if possible was if there was like an extended night mode where you couldn't do any construction/recruiting/scavenging with 800% bonus and unless thats variable set you lose any non uk (granted thats the whole point of this server) players on already one of the smallest servers and that would pretty much for the most part eliminate the need for a coplayer with only 16 hours available yes not every solo would be able to cover it and would give advantage to those who have more time but would take away the massive advantage of the 3/4 coplayed accounts.

I voted no, much bigger issues that come before coplayed accounts if TW actually wanted to improve things which they wont because thats what lines their pockets unfortunately, this would be a bandage and ibuprofen on a severed limb. If anything just have it in the guide that coplaying is something recomended because of the activity required.

Maybe make a test world where you are limited to 1-3 ip addresses that you have to register and cant change constantly and see how it goes probably lose a lot of long term guys but may entice newer players to stick around when they arent basically 30 days behind and growing at 1/3 the rate of the accounts with 3/4 coplayers,

GODFARMER

Reaction score
Banning co-playing would solve most of the pushing issues. Gifting villages and "merges" should be BANNED. It's not fair when two or more people all create accounts, build up a cluster, and then feed their villages to one account and then all merge into it.

Allow co-playing but ban "merging".

No identity

Reaction score
Banning co-playing would solve most of the pushing issues. Gifting villages and "merges" should be BANNED. It's not fair when two or more people all create accounts, build up a cluster, and then feed their villages to one account and then all merge into it.

But who decides whether the villages were built with the intention of a merge, some people get later game and don’t have time anymore so they go to co.

You rather ban it all or not at all and as we can see by the poll people think it’s a poor idea.

Use this as an example, someone decided they want to co 2 months in, what happens to the villages? Would you let the enemy’s cap them? No, so it needs to be banned or we go on as we always have.

Killing Time

Reaction score
I voted no but as someone who very rarely co plays I do think that the game needs tweaking to make it less time invasive. I agree with some of the above re merge/push accs.

I always thought that would be good feature to have an eight hour period in every 24 hrs that you could activate and during which time no attacks could be sent at you nor could you click things either.

Would do away with the need for co players and the less savoury aspects of the game and we can all name accs that have "acquired" villas with no rise in ODA. Banning co players is not going to solve this I think!

Pleased the question has been asked though.

Frozone

Reaction score
Let's trial it for a world first :)

How about No.

The game is time consuming you cant ask them to change that go have alook at Net its even worse than the UK worlds for time. At least here we have a Night bonus. I think its wrong to even ask the question in the first place. People who work have co players to share the load it helps. And most players have co Players you have 1/40 that don't and they will moan about it. But that doesn't make it right just because the minority feel its unfair.

This is a perfect example of why the uk servers are dying and everyone is hopping back onto Net.

dabookman

Reaction score
How about No.

The game is time consuming you cant ask them to change that go have alook at Net its even worse than the UK worlds for time. At least here we have a Night bonus. I think its wrong to even ask the question in the first place. People who work have co players to share the load it helps. And most players have co Players you have 1/40 that don't and they will moan about it. But that doesn't make it right just because the minority feel its unfair.

This is a perfect example of why the uk servers are dying and everyone is hopping back onto Net.
It's not wrong to ask the question & recent events don't have a bearing on the subject,some servers already don't allow it, .pt being an example.

W1RED

Reaction score
I like the above points of not banning it completely but limiting actions during NB. There's a good argument for people who are busy during the day but still like to play needing a co player, while gaining no distinct advantage over people who can access the game during the day.
Having an account 24/7 is a big advantage that can't be replicated by one person whereas having 2 people coing an account during the day isnt that much more than one person can do.

SWDXB

Reaction score
Maybe have it as a setting, the limiting actions during nb (might have to be dynamic nb though as people sleep at different times?) or have ‘solo worlds’ where coplaying is not allowed? So those who don’t want to play against coplayed accounts can, but others can still play the game too.

Not everyone works 9-5 and/or sleeps 00-08 (and some just don’t want to play solo anyway) so having that as a blanket rule would exclude some players on an already dying server, better to compromise than cut people out imo.

sp33duser

Reaction score

yea this is such an obvious problem right now on uk54. I understand later in worlds when people are quitting, but if you are "quitting" or merging this early it was likely pre planned in the majority of the cases.

not sure how easy this would be to implement, but say in the first 3 months of a world if you move to a new account for merging/coplaying the two accounts cannot interact or have interacted for 14 (or even 30) days so there's no way for player B to build a village and let player A conquer it.

Would require player B to wait 14 or 30 days after account deletion (or let it sit there without logging in for the specified time period) to have his IP on player A account (ban if they log in before the 14 or 30 days are up),

So yea people who vpn bs can still get away, but there's no preplanned merging crap that was obvious.

Anything past 3 months or maybe even 6 months makes a bit more sense as accounts get bigger, the worlds been out longer, but before then I'm sure the majority of cases are preplanned "boosting".

but as I mentioned before coplaying is likely too hard to impact effectively, I just felt the need to chime in on the merging after it was brought up

snitchmo

Reaction score
i don´t know how fronts are playen in uk but in swiss oder germany you cant handle the front alone excepty you don´t have a real life so i think it should not be banned

Deleted User - 896972

There's so much gifting going on in W54 that it's literally destroying the game. As soon as you send your nuke with follow up nobles to a village, it gets nobled (gifted) to someone in a tribe that have taken countless others with no ODA gains from said original tribe. But saying that, without co-playing there needs to be some alternative for those that actually work and can't access the game on a 24/7 basis. I don't think banning Co-playing is the way to go. You just get a group of 4 players starting and using acc sit to pass the account around throughout the day to continue making it a 24/7 account - meaning if you're banning co'ing, you would need to remove the acc sit feature as well.

I think Jo hit the nail on the head when she said about an 8 hour fire break that the player can activate once in a 24 hour period. I played on a server a few years back with something similar and it worked a treat.

You could trial it for a world for sure - you have to enter your IP address for the world, once it's locked in you cant log in from another IP. Couple that with account sit removed completely and an 8 hour fire break that the player can activate as and when they chose... you have removed a big portion of the issue.

SWDXB

Reaction score
You could trial it for a world for sure - you have to enter your IP address for the world, once it's locked in you cant log in from another IP. Couple that with account sit removed completely and an 8 hour fire break that the player can activate as and when they chose... you have removed a big portion of the issue.

Can’t just allow a single IP. That would be a huge disadvantage to anyone with a job, who plays at work and home. Not only that but people log from multiple devices (phone/PC) all with different IPs

Cheaterkadze

Reaction score
I feel that co-playing is part of the social interaction thing that people like me stick around with this game for, so the black&white answer for me is No.

I do like the idea of Night Bonus having higher penalty or limited actions, as it seems that most of the efficient farming is done over the night and my sleep schedule is messed up already as it is. This game only contributes to that. I know, I know it's my personal problem, one will point out.. However, .NET is meant for 24/7 accounts, coplaying from APAC/EMEA/US. It probably makes sense to allow UK server to benefit the Europe time-zones rather than living on coffee and tribalwars or relying on night coplayers.

General-Richa

Reaction score
With regards to co-playing and it's perceived activity advantages, would an automatically enforced 'sleep mode' help balance things?... i.e. if an account had to take an enforced break of (for example) 6 hours every 24 hours then could it take away some of the advantages that a co-played account currently could have over a solo played account.

Such a thing already exists in speed rounds and works quite well... in my experience an account on worlds where a sleep mode is present has the option to select a sleep period of between 6 and 10 hours (users preference), also it can start at a time of your choosing, which would possibly be welcomed by those who have less time to play or who have issues with the time that night bonus finishes in a particular world. (By the way, if you fail to select a sleep mode period yourself then it automatically kicks in after a set amount of time).

I am not sure how well it would work on a regular speed world, so it's just a suggestion.

(With regards to the potential argument that people who are under attack could enter sleep mode, the sleep mode has a delay so cannot be selected to start immediately, plus building troops and construction etc are paused during sleep mode, so there is no advantage to be gained whilst sleep mode is activated, because as soon as sleep mode is over the player will be in exactly the same position as when their sleep mode started).

Personally, the biggest issue I find with others co-playing is (as already mentioned by other players above) the issue of merging accounts. To me it is so frustrating that 'pushing' is supposed to be against the rules and yet one account can hand their villages to another account (to co-play) without penalty. I have actually stopped playing regular worlds because of this merging and I personally just play speed rounds now. It seems a common tactic in regular worlds that groups of players now begin such worlds separately and then merge their accounts into one larger account, whether it was their intention at the start or not is irrelevant, because merging accounts and gifting villages offers accounts advantages which ruin the competitiveness of the game for players who play solo.

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
Can’t just allow a single IP. That would be a huge disadvantage to anyone with a job, who plays at work and home. Not only that but people log from multiple devices (phone/PC) all with different IPs
If you'd want you could go real far with that, but privacy concerns would rear their ugly head.

- Enter device ID for every PC/Phone you're on (MAC Addresses don't change)
- Limit to one Phone (shouldn't be on a workphone anyway)
- Limit to one Laptop (you don't need two)
- Location (physical) for every device that is stationary
- Calculate minimum traveltime between locations for stationary devices and block logging in from another one of those for the duration of the travel.
- Location track laptop/phone such that if they log in from a very far distance within an impossibly small amount of time for travel, there is at least a red flag to check up on it.

It's not like this sort of stuff is impossible, it's just very impractical and invasive.

SWDXB

Reaction score
Well yes, there is that. I think if it came down to TW tracking my location, I’d find something else to do with my time lol