Speed Arcade

DeletedUser

Background- Speed Arcade

Right, so quite a few servers have their own 'speed' that is different to the norm:
1) .net are trying their two tribe round.
2) .de have rounds that are based on different worlds' settings.
3) .nl have many different own rounds that they exercise: Example
4) .ru have a very similar round to .net's new one that has been running for nearly 4 months now, called wall to wall.

Now, I am not going to explain how these rounds work or what they do (apart from one), but if you want to find out more and don't understand, I suggest trying this.

So, what makes .co.uk special?
Well, bluntly, nothing, apart from the odd weekend where there are continuous bashes/clusters/cat rounds.
Yes, they are good, but they can get a bit boring...

My Idea- Speed Arcade

I was getting a bit bored of the usual rounds and there had been an idea in my mind that I always wanted to implement but never actually wrote it down or thought about it in detail.. Well here goes.

This is a completely new idea that may or not be successful, but will surely spice up this server and the forums.

The length of the round overall will be a specified amount (probably a weekend during school, maybe longer during holidays).

This round is composed of many 'mini-rounds' in which:

- The first round immediately finishes when as soon as somebody gets a second village with a 5k average points per village (to prevent nobling of inactives or barbs)
Untitled-2.png

The winner here would be beani, because he has 2 villages and has more than 5k points per village.
- Then there is a break of approximately 1 hour.

- The second round is first to 3 villages with at least 5k average points per village.
Screenie1.png

The winner here (as much as I hate to admit it) would be phantomboy95 as he has 3 villages with 5k points per village.
- Then there is a break of approximately 1 hour.

The requirements for victory slowly increase each mini-round until the end someone achieves it.

This is repeated for the length of the overall round.

The winner is simply the person that wins the most of these mini-rounds. If there is a draw, then it is the person with the most points added up from each round.

Because this is a regional server, I would propose that any mini-rounds that end after 00:00 ST, the following round starts at 10:00 ST the following day or something similar to this.

Now, I know you will not be thrilled by this idea as this means a mod has to be constantly active, but there are ways around this. I would think there is a way to maybe automatically end the round.
I'm sure it would be extremely fun and it wouldn't harm anybody to try it out, especially if there are premium points involved. Such a round could also add more players to not only .co.uk speed, but to the worlds as well, which are notoriously quite small.

This idea is slightly similar to a round .nl have at the moment called 'Scenarioronde', and roughly translated it reads:
These rounds have a speed scenario with win conditions. This condition varies from round to round, so that you must be read in "Victory Conditions". The speed round ends when one player or tribe meets the win conditions. Keep an eye on your neighbours and work together against the rising speed of the winner to be postponed. If win conditions are not reached by anyone, at the end of the round the player with the most points wins.

If they can automate someone winning with the required points, I can only assume it can be possible to automate when someone has the required villages.

If .net, .nl, .de and .ru have special speed rounds, why can't we?

Thank you for reading,
Underwater

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

C'mon guys, ideas, thoughts, criticisms? Can't be a case of 'tl;dr' surely?

DeletedUser3312

It's a genuine idea. One that I'd like to see in action some time in the future.

Good work Taras :)

DeletedUser6942

I think it's a great idea, this would definately encourage people over as its a 'one of a kind' round, no one else has done it. .co.uk has very small worlds, so agree with it being used to bring in more players :)

TommayD

DeletedUser

the idea seems good, but if this lasts for too long, not that many people will play.

what i mean is that if it is like this current round running now, quite a lot of people may not be bothered and think it may take up too much time so might not even start.

i think if you can introduce a system of rounds like this(4 hour each like the holiday specials) and hold one every day from say 17:00-21:00 and then form a league it could work. but not if one round is like an hour after the other.

still i would like to play in a sort of league were everyone wins points as an individual.

EDIT: by this i dont mean that there is only one speed round a day, but only one speed round(mods pick a few days before) that accounts to the league

DeletedUser

the idea seems good, but if this lasts for too long, not that many people will play.

what i mean is that if it is like this current round running now, quite a lot of people may not be bothered and think it may take up too much time so might not even start.

i think if you can introduce a system of rounds like this(4 hour each like the holiday specials) and hold one every day from say 17:00-21:00 and then form a league it could work. but not if one round is like an hour after the other.

still i would like to play in a sort of league were everyone wins points as an individual.

EDIT: by this i dont mean that there is only one speed round a day, but only one speed round(mods pick a few days before) that accounts to the league

Ahh, that is a valid point, and since twtotal does not do this server, that would really be a nice idea if the mods are up for it. I would say once the required villages to win is ~20, the mini-rounds restart?

DeletedUser

Fail idea is fail.

We were all thinking it... ^__________^

Nar, sounds... interesting, but not sure if it would work too well when implemented.

A TWtotal for .uk sounds appropiate though, especially as we're nearing the 100th round, hint, hint. :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Fail idea is fail.

Go troll somewhere else
Skype-emoticons-06-crying.gif

We were all thinking it... ^__________^

Nar, sounds... interesting, but not sure if it would work too well when implemented.

A TWtotal for .uk sounds appropiate though, especially as we're nearing the 100th round, hint, hint. :icon_biggrin:

Well, all I can say is that we will found out when it is implemented *hopes*.

UPDATE: Updated with some pictures to explain it better.

DeletedUser7179

I like idea of maybe creating an evening round say from 6pm for 4-5 hours using different specifications and then create a weekly/monthly league table!! Points for winning points for bashing and points for nobling!

DeletedUser

You'r ideas are already used.
But to fix that, the speed mod need a lot time ;)
It's not done in 1 h I think .. He need test it ..
I think it's for the futur ;)

DeletedUser

You'r ideas are already used.
But to fix that, the speed mod need a lot time ;)
It's not done in 1 h I think .. He need test it ..
I think it's for the futur ;)

If you're talking about my idea, can you please point out where this has been used?

DeletedUser

If you're talking about my idea, can you please point out where this has been used?
I'm sorry :p it's indeed a new idea ;)
But i think, to do that a mod need a lot time ..
To put it online; offline ...

And, if it's offline you still can play with a bug on tribalwars ..
Like, the speed round ends, but i still can log in ;)

And what happen if 2 players nobel 2 villiges same time?

And 1 h break? Mayby a break when the first player have 10 villiges?

DeletedUser

I'm sorry :p it's indeed a new idea ;)
But i think, to do that a mod need a lot time ..
To put it online; offline ...

dont mods have to stay around anyway?

And, if it's offline you still can play with a bug on tribalwars ..
Like, the speed round ends, but i still can log in ;)

as soon as the round ends, you take down the results... it doesnt matter if you carry on, the results have already been taken

And what happen if 2 players nobel 2 villiges same time?

milliseconds?/reports to back it up or whoever has the highest average

And 1 h break? Mayby a break when the first player have 10 villiges?

do sessions each day... i agree, one hour breaks would be very demanding and RL would come in the way

there will obviously be problems, but when you point them out think of ways to resolve them rather than flame.