Speed versus Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3312

ok lets flame gramma cause you can't flame my arguments
There you were swearing your head off calling me all sorst of names... And now you're upset because I suggested your grammer was getting worse. haha.

n you can bollocks with that crap matty. you say to limit the size of the posts but then drag up old arguments and lie again.
They're hardly old if you can read them 3 posts up. Plus they were points. I can see we're back to our swearing Rambo style writing.

also funny how you list my failed debate tactics as post you haven't covered

but like I said,the forum can judge (not that they are going to read your drivel who is being a fool)
Can they even read your "drivel"? THAT is the question. I don't particularly care for outside approval. Fact remains you lost, and you're desperately searching for other to back you up.

I'm not the 1st nor the last to call you a liar matty, many on speed and on these forums have very low opinions of you and your poor ability at being honest and having a normal debate, try find a list as long that would call me a liar, or a goal post mover or someone putting words in the other persons mouth.
I'd like to remind the reader of this:
Matt said:
- You have not shown a single occasion where I have lied. Do not claim that you have. I am considerably smarter then that, and considerably smarter than you.

Ahh D1mension. The guy you're referring to is Adrian from speed yes? Take a look at my signature before trying to bring him to your defense.

I came yo answer you nuby critisms and did so, you just wanna play lets go round in circles and see who gets bored 1st, and have no intrest in contributing to the discussion Philip braught up.
You tried to act like a big man know-it-all. First countering my arguments, then slowly but surely resorting to poor language and personal insults to back your lies and baseless accusations. You've succeeded in only making yourself like a total fool.

Congratulations.

/Last post on the matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4753

matty I tried quoting every comment you said and giving my opinion as to why it was wrong, I rubbish most of your arguments and you just decide to make a summary dragging up old arguments, I say old because I disproved them, I can again answer and disprove everything yours saying, you are a lyer a poor debater and a idiot, I don't need any help at all your posts are all the evidence I need to show you up.
Im not calling for help nor back up, I'm refusing to prove you wrong again only for you to wait a post or 2 and make the same points. if your shown to be guilty of something you do not gain the right to have a retrial few hours later.
like I said just because your repaleati g arguments I've rubbished does not mean I will be repeating my answers.

1. I countered your arguments
2. you failed to address mine
3. you resurected arguments I've already disproved
4. d1 got bored of repeating himself so merely says now "yes matty you are the speshulist boy in the speshul school, if you repeat your wrong arguments enough, and cross both sets of fingers they become true, now you go watch lion king whilst I go get you some knock out pills "

DeletedUser

miggy has found success on both, as has iteam, rest of you never seem to be able to play like you talk.
:icon_redface:Why thank you

d1mension, If you claim you look at speed forums, you should know by now spending so much time arguing with Matt is useless.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4753

I learned I was wasting my time pretty early on, I was just trying to trigger the notorious mouse/keyboard malfunction :p

DeletedUser

>has speed forum
>has discussion forum
>this goes into neither

10/10 would read again

DeletedUser3312

:icon_redface:Why thank you

d1mension, If you claim you look at speed forums, you should know by now spending so much time arguing with Matt is useless.
Current round:
miladadriandorinpwned.png

Sometimes actions speak louder than words.

DeletedUser5774

Get out of our MSG you dirty filthy plebeians!
It may be dead but it's still our ghost town! Dirty ruffle scalagians!
A shipply do waa a wibbly doo! Get out!

DeletedUser4083

What was it about "try not to go too personal with the attacks" that you guys don't seem to understand?

Both Speed rounds and Normal worlds have their pros and cons, and also their different calibre of players. So lets steer this away from the history of mattyflan and D1mension, otherwise it will descend into more circular arguments with extra insults added in for good measure.
Keep it general discussion, if we can't manage that then I shall close this thread.

DeletedUser

Just to have my two-penneth; I think speed players are usually pretty good at normal worlds as well as speed rounds. On average. But due to a larger proportion of normal world players being either new/inexperienced the average skill level for normal worlds is far lower than speed.

In terms of top speed players versus top normal world players, it really depends what context you put the comparison in: is it a speed round or a normal round?

If it was speed I would be willing to bet the speed players would win without any trouble at all. Likewise in normal rounds the speed players could quite easily fend for themselves, although as TW history shows speed players usually drop out or are rimmed (but hey, it's a dog-eat-dog world).

In that sense I'd say speed players are more skilled overall, due to their diversity, which I would argue is a direct result of playing speed rounds as experience can be gained much faster with reduced waiting times and rounds occurring more often. It would be interesting to put some form of correlation together to see whether simply playing speed regularly has a positive effect on skill, as I know my own skill came on leaps and bounds as soon as I started playing speed.

The only thing I can think of that generally causes speed players to drop out of normal worlds is a lack of contacts. Let's be honest, most speed players rarely venture out of their own forums and only really know (and argue with) people in the little speed community (if you can even call it that. More like Anarchy). However most normal world players are very familiar with each other due to a higher emphasis on politics (due to more and larger tribes), so generally the normal world players have a good few friends and a decent tribe to join at startup, whereas your average speed player would not.

Just speaking from personal opinion and experience :)

DeletedUser3312

Erm what? You have stated numerous times you were on the account. Trying to claim that whilst being Rank.2, having less lcs and less hauled you still outgrew me?

As to who was on the account when I rimmed it. Idk, I'm not a mind reader. You're all blaming each other, it's quite comical.

DeletedUser

Erm what? You have stated numerous times you were on the account. Trying to claim that whilst being Rank.2, having less lcs and less hauled you still outgrew me?
the amount of crap you talk is unreal. You even made a thread saying You nobled while Adrian was on. now you want to say you rimmed me whenever you feel the need to? :lol:
As to who was on the account when I rimmed it. Idk, I'm not a mind reader. You're all blaming each other, it's quite comical.
show me the part where they blamed me :-|

DeletedUser3312

the amount of crap you talk is unreal. You even made a thread saying You nobled while Adrian was on. now you want to say you rimmed me whenever you feel the need to?
Yes indeed I did. Not unbacked though, Dorin suggested on skype Adrian was playing as I had shown. Well now you're saying that's not how it was? Well someone's telling lies, and it's not on my end.

DeletedUser

You guys have a straight out, clean 1v1 and get it over with :icon_wink:

It would (partially) solve this problem and be pretty entertaining.

DeletedUser3312

Sure. Would you be prepared to lose what remains of that once mighty ego milad?

I'd be happy to claim it.

DeletedUser

Sure. Would you be prepared to lose what remains of that once mighty ego milad?

I'd be happy to claim it.
I honestly can't be asked to do the stuff like the 1v1 between you and Adrian on twmasters which I'm surprised Adrian Agreed to, but sure thing whenever I'm in a round come at me bro. Oh and this time please make sure you can break through my Defense first.

Status
Not open for further replies.