Step Round

DeletedUser

[sa]STEP ROUND

The Winner is the player with the most different “thousand” point villages at the end of the round.

Ideally you would end the round with at least one 1,000 point village, one 2,000 point village, one 3,000 point village, etc. all the way up to 12,000.

You do not get extra points for having more than one of the same “thousand” point village setup (ie. Two 1,000 point villages is not more points than one is), but having multiple of a certain size may be helpful since it ups your chance of having at least one of them not get catted to a different point value.

So having the most villages will not automatically make you the winner as any duplicate pointed villages will be discounted.

Demolition is not active in this round so you will have to build carefully or get creative!

Please discuss here[/sa]

DeletedUser

Question - does it have to be exactly 1k points etc?

[sa]No, but the closer you are the better if there has to be a 'decider' between two or more players....[/sa]

Gronak said:
Kinda short for this type'a round isnt it?

[sa]It is short yes, but totally doable.

This is also a little bit experimental.
Would be awful for it to be a week long if it didn't work.

If the format turns out to work we can have future rounds of varying lengths and differ the win conditions slightly.[/sa]

DeletedUser

If i have three villages:
1478 points
4581 points
12154 points

And another player have two villages:
3000 points
4000 points

Who win?

And if for example i have 7 villages, how many points should have each one for get the best combination?

DeletedUser

If i have three villages:
1478 points
4581 points
12154 points

And another player have two villages:
3000 points
4000 points

Who win?

And if for example i have 7 villages, how many points should have each one for get the best combination?

[sa]The winner is the one with the most different point “thousand” point villages at the end of the round. so in your example, you would win.
If however the second player had another vill at 12050 then he would win as he was more precise.

With your 7 villages, you just need to have them on different 'thousands', doesn't matter which ones, just different ones as having 2 at 2000 for example would only count as one village at 2000.

Make sense?[/sa]

DeletedUser

Ahhh! i'm spanish and i'm here for learn english. "thousand" means the numbers that are with a lot of "0" in the final yes?
For example:

1124 is not a thousand number.
2000 is a thousand noumber.

Are me right? :D

Thanks for explin me it and teach me english hehehe
:icon_redface:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ahhh! i'm spanish and i'm here for learn english. "thousand" means the numbers that are with a lot of "0" in the final yes?
For example:

1124 is not a thousand number.
2000 is a thousand noumber.

Are me right? :D

Thanks for explin me it and teach me english hehehe
:icon_redface:

[sa]They don't need to be exactly on the 'thousand'.

1124 would fall into the 1000 category
2026 would fall into the 2000 category
and so on...

The closer you can get to the exact thousand though, the better.[/sa]

DeletedUser

Having just finished, and won, this round with 5 villages, each representing a different thousand, I found the timing of the round to be good but not perfect. It may be worth trying a slower speed for 12 hours, rather than a quicker speed for just 5 hours, since the increased timespan will allow for a lot more competition.

Overall though, I loved the idea, though it does require you to spend a lot of time checking your rivals on the rankings to see exactly how many points each of their villages has. Personally, I like the very tactical nature of this type of round and I expect to see it more often, though maybe not as frequently as the older round types quite yet.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to test this round out, it was great fun!

I give it 8.5/10

DeletedUser

Having just finished, and won, this round with 5 villages, each representing a different thousand, I found the timing of the round to be good but not perfect. It may be worth trying a slower speed for 12 hours, rather than a quicker speed for just 5 hours, since the increased timespan will allow for a lot more competition.

Overall though, I loved the idea, though it does require you to spend a lot of time checking your rivals on the rankings to see exactly how many points each of their villages has. Personally, I like the very tactical nature of this type of round and I expect to see it more often, though maybe not as frequently as the older round types quite yet.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to test this round out, it was great fun!

I give it 8.5/10

[sa]Congrats on the win!

Thanks for the feedback, I'll bear it in mind for when we run a round like this again.[/sa]