Tables for Catapults / Rams

DeletedUser

Not been here since starting STD start of W1. Thought it about time I gave the tables a tidy up.

DeletedUser7687

That's quite nice. I'd rather use 1175 cats than a 30 attack train though. :icon_razz:

Just come across this trawling through the forums.

No need to use a 30 cat train. Find the middle ground and it works.

A train of 4, like a noble fake, with 150 cats in each attack will take a level 30 building down to 0.

Takes much less space than over 1,100 cats and you can have some troops with the cats as well!

I tend to front load the train and have my cats as follows: 200,150,150,100. Works just as well - check it out on the simulator.

Harder to snipe and looks like a train as well.

If you get a really cocky player who spots the speed they could dodge the fake train to their own cost.

DeletedUser8577

It is me or do these charts just not hold true any more? Anyone have any charts that give the correct amount of cats to send and the same with rams, seems with rams that the charts is WAY off! Cats I think it close but its definately not exact.

DeletedUser

They still hold true for their relevant research levels. If you're in a 10-level research world, anything above level 3 (if the first three levels are even the same as other worlds) will not be accounted for in the charts.

The rams wall negation bonus chart will hold true at all times. The other rams charts and the catapult charts deal with numbers left over after the battle - not just what you send initially.

What's still lacking is the equation for working out how many wall or building level(s) will be demolished if none of your rams/cats survive. If my memory serves me correctly, I think this has something to to with the percentage of enemy troops you killed? I cannot remember for sure, but I know I've seen someone write them all out before (possibly on the .net forums if not on here).

- Kossa

DeletedUser

Does anyone know where I can find a ram chart guide that has level 1-10 Ram tech levels included in it.

If yes please post it below! Thank you! :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Not a chart as such but you could make one as per the first post on a ten tec world:

For 10-tech worlds:
Every upgrade makes your units 4.608% stronger.

DeletedUser920

Hmmm....

I'm not sure that a new thread wouldn't be better for this, but it's sort of linked.

I don't know if there's been a change, but in the past, if you sent your cats to attack a building and it was already destroyed then the catapults knocked down the HQ instead. Sometimes that was good, sometimes bad, especially if you were capturing a village and just hitting the rally point, or the academy to make recaps harder.

Playing on UK20 I've been sending some cat bombs/trains and have found that cats have gone through, but done nothing to anything if the target village is not there. No-one in the tribe expected that to happen and so we wondered if it was a setting for the world, a past upgrade no-one had noticed or a glitch.

The cats made up the last three attacks in a train. The second one knocked two layers off the smithy with 20 cats:
[report_display]http://uk22.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/8a73f43a8d81b60ceff975d639dbf471[/report_display]
Elsewhere 45 cats took three levels off an academy.
Here there was no academy, so the damage should have been to the HQ...
[report_display]http://uk20.tribalwars.co.uk/public_report/bb10cdabf1b47a488a30b43221eb5986[/report_display]

If there's interest and the reports won't publish I'll do them again in tribalwars-reports.

Last edited by a moderator: