The Anime Appreciation Society!! [Anti-Derailment]

DeletedUser312

Why on Earth would I defecate over that?

To be honest, the humour has all but been lost within all of this discombobulated hodgepodge.

I suppose one who is familiar with the internet's (and /a/'s) abuse of keanu would have recognised and laughed heartily over such a comparision before. Alas, this attempt proved sadly futile in MSG.

Well, time to dump some keanu:

keanumilitary450.jpg

DYTSADKEANU.jpeg

sadkeanureeves64008.jpg

keangelbeatrix.png

sadkeanureeves640high07.jpg

sadkeanureeves64010.jpg

keanu%20is%20sad%20con%20crepusculo.jpg

Keanu%20between.jpg

sad%20davide.jpg

Keanushock.jpg

neo-morpheus-no-signal.png

66550_1518574879325_1083113737_31223070_3380219_n.jpg

KEANU_PRIME_MINISTER.jpg

King_Keanu.jpg

ofz0pw8e_copy.jpg

DYTSADKEANU2.jpeg

wyldstalyn.gif

His response.

I can't help but feel sad thinking about him whilst passing across any of these images, one of my fave actors :s

DeletedUser

Oh shush you.

I was going to respond to this with a picture of an asian eyed looking dog, but couldn't help to laugh when some of my search recommendations were "asian eat dog", and "ugliest dog in the world."

DeletedUser

So... active thread is active./active forum is active./I should probably be doing something better with my life than dragging up old threads.

Anyone seen Darker Than Black? Probably the best anime I've ever seen. Just watching Angel Beats! at the moment, seen some clips a while ago so thought I'd finally give it a watch. Pretty good, but no Darker Than Black :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Anime is not cartoons. Cartoons was America's failed response to try and make the money Anime makes.

Cartoons - bad animation, no overall plotline, very little intellectual worth.
Anime - good animation, almost all have amazing plotlines that carry through all episodes, - some anime's are of intellectual worth and make you really think and ponder.

DeletedUser

Anime - good animation, almost all have amazing plotlines that carry through all episodes, - some anime's are of intellectual worth and make you really think and ponder.
Amazing plotlines? Introducing Main character #1, bit goofy/dumb but with strong morals/principles. Introducing Villain A - Evil supernatural or Villain B - Cool character same age as main character and isn't evil, just misguided. Introducing plot: Main character #123 saves the world or becomes best friend to the aforementioned villain while having gained new insights(which are pretty much repeated throughout every anime). If dealing with an action type of anime, cue final fight where the focus is now on making as big explosions and amazing Kung-Fu moves as possible.

DeletedUser

Well that's a very broad generalisation. Anime's can be just as thought provoking as great books. Just as films can be, of course you do get stereotypical anime, such as you could get predictble books or movies. You'd probably surprise yourself at the depth of some anime, Elfen Lied is actually pretty deep, but like books you'll think it's about farm animals or children on an island if you don't try to look deeper.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser613

Anime is not cartoons. Cartoons was America's failed response to try and make the money Anime makes.

Cartoons - bad animation, no overall plotline, very little intellectual worth.

oh. so cartoons then?

DeletedUser

Oh, so trying to appear intelligent by casting wide generalisations? :S Tbh I don't even see why you are posting here if you don't like it, it's not exactly forced onto you. As much as I dislike X Factor, I just don't watch it. Not that anime isn't much more thought provoking than some X Factor trash...

DeletedUser

There are plenty of stereotypical animes, most of which are comedies, out there. I really don't like those because I personaly want to look into aspects of what I read or watch. I do not like mindless entertainment.

BT. Elfin Lied was fantastic and yes I completely agree with you on it's depth. I enjoyed the plotline and it made me stop and think, if people would explore it more, there is a very large amount of social wrongs presented in the anime as well as perhaps a warning. Over the top, but very well done.

Currently I'm watching Hell Girl. I'm only 3 episodes in but I'm enjoying it, it's a good look into the reasons of a revenge and what events can push good people over the edge. I also like how the Anime does not follow the actual main characters of the story. It also does not drop much information about the main character and who the Hell Girl is and why she is basically a 'crossroads demon'. These hints are small and subtle and allow for the viewer to ponder them and try and create their own conclusions. Now I have yet to see if the Anime will become very deep or powerful but as I said, 3 episodes in.

DeletedUser

*Pats on shoulder and hangs head*

There is no hope for you my son.

DeletedUser

CF your Reaine's son yet you want to have babies with her and call the first born Goku regardless of sex? Reaaaallllyyyy?

Though actually thought DBZ was pretty good, I like things to have depth, but I don't mind stupidity once in a while. Angel Beats! actually really surprised me, thought it was going to be some really light hearted thing and although it had patches, did have a lot of stuff about people trying to come to terms with their own existance, religious issues and mortality.

And Elfen Lied, over the top at times? Never :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Eflen Lied was filled with anime boobs, dismemberment and incestual undertones.