The Anime Appreciation Society!! [Anti-Derailment]

DeletedUser4753

Yea that one, but the raging blasts are very similar, not as many characters though ;(

Yea kid boo was a beast, or gojeta super saiyan 4, ya need 2 ppl to take them down.

DeletedUser

I never played Naruto ninja storm series since im a PC fan. please tell me they suck so I feel somewhat relieved that I haven't missed much :(

DeletedUser

Yea that one, but the raging blasts are very similar, not as many characters though ;(

Yea kid boo was a beast, or gojeta super saiyan 4, ya need 2 ppl to take them down.

Best character I actually reckon was cell 2, the second power move where you can grab and regain health was re-donk.

Can't help with Naruto, never really got into it as those genres stopped appealing to me other than through nostalgia, though the theme tune to Shaman King does still lurk in my head...

Also sucks that Raging Blasts have less characters, Tenkaichi was beast.

DeletedUser

i always wanted to be into anime. never got round to figuring out where to start, though.

DeletedUser

Idk, what do you like movie wise/tv series wise? I can probably find a decent parallel, or at least attempt to and fail.

DeletedUser

I always recommend people to watch things like Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Deathnote as a first anime; just because they're so accessible.

DeletedUser

I always recommend people to watch things like Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Deathnote as a first anime; just because they're so accessible.

Deathnote's a great shout. Angel Beats is pretty decent too, my first was Higurashi which was fairly mental, though also pretty good.

If you like sci-fi stuff Darker Than Black is a personal fave or for like an action with decent plot Phantom: The Animation was really good.

Currently watching Mirai Nikki, 'future diaries' which is also pretty mental... About people who'd observe things constantly and write stuff down in their 'diaries'. 12 of these type of people were selected to be given diary entries for the future by a bored god, so what they would have written down a few hours into the future they can see in their diary now, be it phone, parchment etc. It focuses around a detached boy who'd note everything on his phone that was happening around him, instead of doing stuff himself, and this really stalker girl who'd note down everything about the boy... Oh and the fact that the last one standing out of the 12 becomes a new god, so, yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That's like... 350 episodes or something. Plus as much as I love(d) it, a fight scene takes 5 episodes and after 3 the characters say let's go all out now.

K so y not just start all out. Like YuGiOh in duels, 'now I'll stop messing with you'. D:

DeletedUser

Angel Beats is cool, gets you all prepared for the amount of horribly sad anime out there. The Key anime(Angel Beats being one, the others being Clannad, Kanon and Air) are some of the most depressing stuff you'll ever see... in a good way though.

I never liked Higurashi that much. The super violent bits were really suspenseful and shocking but I always found the rest of it kind of badly made.

Darker than Black is cool though. Chinese Electric Batman.

DeletedUser

Found Steins Gate one of the most depressing anime's I've seen for some reason, seen all the others you mentioned + Elfen Lied (also not a bad idea for first anime probably) etc. etc. but idk really liked the characters in steins gate I guessed.

DeletedUser

Aye, Steins;gate was fantastic. I know a lot of people that hated how slow it starts up, but man I really think it's worth the wait.

I was going to list other good anime but I realised there are far too many that I like.

DeletedUser

I've heard of both, heard good things about them iirc. That may be a good place for me to start, thank you.

DeletedUser

Aye, Steins;gate was fantastic. I know a lot of people that hated how slow it starts up, but man I really think it's worth the wait.

I was going to list other good anime but I realised there are far too many that I like.

Steins Gate is probably in my top 3 atm, or at least like top 5 or 10... There is a lot of decent anime. Spice and Wolf was pretty unique so probably also has to be up there.