The Anime Appreciation Society!! [Anti-Derailment]

DeletedUser

Just finished the Haruhi series so, here's a pretty short overview.
Season 1: Enjoyable.
Season 2: Not as frustrating as I expected, but tedious. Still enjoyable.
Film (Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya): Incredible. Perfect way to end the franchise if they don't plan on making season 3.

DeletedUser

cute-meerkat-pictures.jpg

DeletedUser

Just finished the Haruhi series so, here's a pretty short overview.
Season 1: Enjoyable.
Season 2: Not as frustrating as I expected, but tedious. Still enjoyable.
Film (Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya): Incredible. Perfect way to end the franchise if they don't plan on making season 3.

Fair might gamble it.

Out of new season stuff watching Dog & Scissors (surprisingly good imo) & Blood Lad seem the best couple, that said continuation of The World Only God Knows is pretty solid.

Ste likes meerkats.

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure the Endless 8 was just the studio trolling us. At least I hope so, I can't think of any other reason why they'd do that. It sucked so much because I was a fan of the original series long before the second season was announced and I got super excited when it was first released and then... bad things. Lots of bad things.

And yeah the movie was damn good.

Has anyone seen Wolf Children? I watched it recently, really enjoyed it.

DeletedUser

I've heard that the aim of the Endless Eight arc was to try and convey the same kind of feelings to the audience that the characters (well, I suppose Nagato, Kyon and Koizume) would have been feeling in that situation, and it supposedly would have been more effective watching it when it was airing once a week, as opposed to how it felt for us finish-the-series-in-a-day types. Though, if it was just a huge troll after all the hype they built up, then it was damn successful! I didn't really dislike the second season that much though. It definitely wasn't as good as the first, but I still enjoyed it.

As for this seasons anime, I'm watching:
  • Attack on Titan (technically spring?)
  • Watamote
  • Love Lab
  • Danganronpa
  • Free!

They're all pretty enjoyable. I aim to start Blood Lad soon and I'm catching up on the Monogatari series, so I may be adding a couple more to that list. I'm pretty excited for Fall though, Kill la Kill looks especially promising.

I was taking a look at Wolf Children, haven't watched it yet, but it seems to have incredible reviews on MAL, so I'm planning to give it a shot.

DeletedUser7450

the boondocks is the best

i am the stone that the builder refused

DeletedUser

:Is Free! As shady/yaoi as I think? (Welcome to your own tastes of course)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Not at all... Well, not yet at least. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go in that kind of direction, though I'm sure it would stay SFW. It's well animated, has a good soundtrack and storyline, and most importantly
tumblr_mq6v32sjpg1r3zygpo1_500.jpg

Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH-sqdGsC8k (somewhat-NSFW?)

DeletedUser

Blood Lad today?

I was planning to start Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai today, but the Clannad VN just finished downloading and now I need to choose how to waste my Sunday.

DeletedUser

Ooo is chuunibyou about 8th grade syndrome? If that's the one is a fairly decent watch.

DeletedUser7450

i still dont know if thats actually considered anime
its definitely not japanese animated but its animated in anime style idk

DeletedUser

Wouldn't classify as is like Archer or Family Guy, which are both awesome, but wouldn't call them anime. Idk adult cartoons? I don't really know. Never seen Boondocks tbf, any good?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

boondocks isnt anime cuz anime is strictly japanese

but its pretty close in style

DeletedUser

It's not an anime literally, but I think it's acceptable to to compare them because of how similar they are. About half of people don't mind if you call it an anime (I don't), and the other half get extremely angry at the thought of comparing their sacred anime to this western rip-off.