The Book of Flair - Chapter 3: The Nation of Flair

DeletedUser920

We'll be at 60% or very close to it by the end of today - from here on it's the brutal smashing of opposition and chewing up villages. Fair play to anyone fighting on so there is still a challenge, but the result now is inevitable.

DeletedUser13755

Without recruiting our way to a win we have battled our way to victory

Mbig, - TCT
Sevendeuce, AOL
Huitz, Creed!
Blockywizard, Creed!
Sveito lygintojas, TCT
TheMagpies, TT
7even Of 9, O~T~B
Ethansdad, DA
Mickeyk, TT
Jackd, TT
So su me, Creed!
redrooster3939, AOL
broon, TT
Zakamera, TT
choggy29, AOL
MrLPJM, TT
Danstacey2, AOL
Eddard, AOL
JacobJ1993, TT

Creed! = Tribe that was losing the war with SCO and both sides tried to get them to merge into them.
AOL = Rim tribe that threatened you with borders.
TCT frontline players you had been fighting non stop.
O~T~B = Rim tribe.
TT = Rim tribe you were fighting then got to merge into you.

Overall:
19/35 = 54% of your tribe you recruited instead instead of fighting.

---------------------------------------------

A tactic is a tactic, but don't lie about not recruiting your way to victory. The only reason there was a fight in this world is because some people actually said no to joining you.

DeletedUser13913

Exactly, well said stephen, hugging is hugging it dont change and is the easiest tactic to win, but not the least bit worth bragging about, lol. FLAIR refused to hug and we stood our ground and the fact it lasted as long as it did, considering the size of VODKA and the losses from the SCO recruits, should be enough to make VODKA player be ashamed of how long it took them to win. I came into this world to aide some old friends and I had a blast making new ones. remove the numbers and activity and you got a huge hugged tribe with almost NO skill. Brag if you shall, but like stephen said, keep it real.

Six

DeletedUser13913

Lol

You saying I only target inactives?

Your dreaming mate

Think you'll find most people I go at are active for the first few days maybe a week tops they last, then it's like taking candy from a baby.

I can't help your tribes utter crap and people quit first sign of a fight

And listen if I bug you that much come take my villages I'm easy to find I'm the one tearing up your mates :)

Peace bro

your a joke to brag about bud. when you came my way on any account i was on, you got no where, nuff said anyone can win when they fight an opponent who is offline when you attack and choosing to avoid aggressive players was your choice, which you did, heck even when i helped the huffle account most recently, i sniped like 19 of your trains and when that happened the inbound went from 600 average to under 100, so yes you attack in-actives or easy targets, cant deny it so dont try it, funny stuff for sure. FLAIR had more talent in our small tribe then VODKA had in its entirety, another fact but talk down all you want too, it just makes you look hysterical, IMHO

DeletedUser920

ROFL laughing. Are you being serious ?

You're complaining that half of a tribe as it gets near the end of the world have been recruited since the tribe was founded ? Okay - 3-4 of those on the list were recruited from people who played well and whose tribes we were defeating, but the other 90% were from allied tribes who wanted to 'move up' - and we carried on working with the remainder of those tribes afterwards.

From a world that started in mid-May 2015 you've included players who joined in June. Errr.. it's now late January - 2016. I'm sorry that the tribe hasn't been able to maintain every member that started with us, but there is such a thing as real life and no-one signs a contract to play for a whole year.

To call us a huge hugged tribe is ridiculous - we've just been a group of team players who have worked together to take over the world as we set out to do, having a good time and making friends as we go. You did well on the old problemmatic squirrel account (renamed to sixpointer1), but working together we kept the pressure up and kept taking villages. The attacks you sent were the first I'd had in months and that was the problem - Vodka kept the initiative throughout and maintained the attacks, whereas Flair defended.

Glad you enjoyed your stint - come back again and keep it interesting or see you on another world (mail me in-game), but let's have no sour grapes please.

DeletedUser13755

ROFL laughing. Are you being serious ?

You're complaining that half of a tribe as it gets near the end of the world have been recruited since the tribe was founded ? Okay - 3-4 of those on the list were recruited from people who played well and whose tribes we were defeating, but the other 90% were from allied tribes who wanted to 'move up' - and we carried on working with the remainder of those tribes afterwards.

From a world that started in mid-May 2015 you've included players who joined in June. Errr.. it's now late January - 2016. I'm sorry that the tribe hasn't been able to maintain every member that started with us, but there is such a thing as real life and no-one signs a contract to play for a whole year.

To call us a huge hugged tribe is ridiculous - we've just been a group of team players who have worked together to take over the world as we set out to do, having a good time and making friends as we go. You did well on the old problemmatic squirrel account (renamed to sixpointer1), but working together we kept the pressure up and kept taking villages. The attacks you sent were the first I'd had in months and that was the problem - Vodka kept the initiative throughout and maintained the attacks, whereas Flair defended.

Glad you enjoyed your stint - come back again and keep it interesting or see you on another world (mail me in-game), but let's have no sour grapes please.

I'm sorry, you say that was in the past but of course it is. That's how it has affected the future, both SCO and Vodka tried to buy out other tribes whilst fighting eachother. If AOL, OHM and others stayed independent then the world would have taken a different course. if Flair had joined either side which we were pressured into on one side (SCO) and asked to on the other (Vodka) then the world would have changed.

You can't say that because you picked up players in the past it does not matter. The fact is that over half your tribe are players that have come from tribes that you chose to bring in instead of fight against you. Like I said it is a tactic and I never said anything foul towards it, just that you cannot deny doing it.

As for your mention of "Vodka kept the initiative" that was simply because your players stayed on their accounts.*Groans as you make me withdraw deletion to give more stats*

Players who lost villages in the war:
Drhufflepuff: 16 villages lost whilst active. - Inactive due to new role in company, setting up a whole new building that was opening in a month. Quit with others. Original co-owner quit due to RL
Sixpointer: 17 villages lost whilst active. Quit with others.
Beer Slayer: Had a player on the account who was only brought in as a back seat Co-player.. Then the original owner left the account without saying. This was before any villages had been lost on the account. Brought in a good player to cover once the account was already bleeding, Did a great job with very little on the account. - original owner quit without being attack and said nothing, part time co-player was moved to another account as he couldn't cope on his own. Final owner quit due to lack of ties to the world.
Cutiesweety: Owners quit before real bleeding started. - Original owner quit due to RL, co-players didn't have time to run wqithout Original owner.
Jamie.s: Owner quit before bleeding started. - Quit due to RL.
Will-O-Baron: Owner quit at 2 villages lost~ - Original owner quit due to RL. Second owner lost activity due to real life. Final owner Quit with others.
=Vagekim=: Owner quit and gave up clusters, new owner quit before anything more taken. -Original owner quit due to RL. Final owner quit with others.
Warlord9: had a player that could only log on properly about 3 hours a day, did what he could and still stalled immensely. Original owner quit due to RL. Co-player didn't have time to play due to RL, Quit with others.
Mark179: Who knows lol.
xwheeliebinns: Quit before any real losses. - Quit due to RL.
Harry.3: Quit before after 10 losses~ - Quit due to RL.
Effmeister: Basically quit before any losses. - Quit due to RL
King george peters: Got taken out fair and square.
Kill the messenger: Quit as others around him had.. before any losses. - Quit due to lack of friends left.
Ruffus: 1 village lost before quitting. -Quit due to RL.
Grantorino*: Left tribe before any real losses.
Soop: Quit before any losses. - Original owner moved accounts. Final owner Quit with others.
Coey34: ongoing battle and losing small parts.
Jack6116: Rushed into fighting when players in front quit out.
Moribund: No villages lost before quitting. - Final owner quit with others.
Networkwoody: Was ahead in cap before going silent, shortly left after. - Inactive due to RL.
Super Sharp Shooter: Lost small frontline cluster. - Quit due to RL.
Deathbell: Quit before any losses. - Quit due to RL.
Jdear: Quit before any losses.

You see my point here? The initiative you speak of was simply that your guys played. Ours quit because RL reasons or because their friends had. It's how the game goes and I accept that but you you also need to accept that you never actually broke through an active player's frontline.. The best you did was take an exterior cluster off me in an op and even then it was only 5/6 villages after 3 days of constant bombardment.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser920

You're right.

We only won because we kept on playing, as a team. When your guys gave up.

It's not fair that we had a core of players who have played before, not just at start up, but also through to the end.

If your players had kept playing and sniping and not been worn down by our attacks they would still be playing. When you attacked us, sometimes you took villages, but you just didn't do it often enough.

You are much more skillful than I am, I'm sure . I won't argue with that. But still we have won. That's because it is called TRIBAL wars and even while we had our arguments - which you wouldn't know about - we still kept attacking, clearing for tribemates, bombing your backline, attacking, attacking and attacking. I said that you had done better than could have been expected and that we had the advantage when the war began with you. We kept the advantage and the initiative, as we did throughout this world. You played well, now don't be a bad loser and spoil it.

DeletedUser13755

Since you want to go down the road of "Giving up" I have added in reasons. You will see that people didn't just give up, many had family problems and deaths in the family. That is nothing to do with the game and is simply the way the world goes.

*Quit with others = When the final decision came there were only an active few participating. Active players were not getting involved in the war even though talking as if they wanted to fight. A collective decision was made that it was better to just save the time, effort and money we have when others were not doing what was needed to attempt a come back after all the losses sustained.

Yes it is TRIBAL wars but when your tribe is plagued with real life incidents then you have to accept that and move on. If you wish to call the countless deaths, school work and other instances a victory for you then that is your choice.

I'm not being a bad loser, I am simply clarifying the situation for anyone who sees this and think that Vodka are a force to be reckoned with. I do not think that is the case and I hope that your tribe doesn't either as things will never play out as easy for you as in this world.

DeletedUser920

My sympathy for anyone who has suffered loss. This is only a game and should not be talked about as if it makes a difference. many of us are of an age where we have friends and relatives dying, or family emergencies or just a need to support our children. I would not support anyone who put a game like TW above their families or real life, but...

I do object to the suggestion that nothing of consequence has happened to our members or that they have not taken their RL responsibilities seriously. Compared to RL, this does not matter, but we covered for each other, carried accounts for weeks at a time and just maybe gave some support when it was needed. Or maybe took the pee, but sometimes that amounts to the same thing.

The reason that you lost was because your players went on the defensive, trained support troops and sniped, which was effective, but is ultimately demotivating and a losing strategy, even if logically justifiable, whereas we worked as a tribe, attacked, shared, enjoyed success and attacked. You are one of a long line of tribes who said that we were no threat, though admittedly they mostly said it before they lost, not afterwards.

One last point - my apology. I said some days ago that we would achieve 60% dominance that day. We had a medium sized internal to do who went barb that dragged the figures down. We have now passed 60% and will continue the march to 80% and the end of the world. To those players messaging and asking why we have to attack them, it is just part of the conditions for winning the world. We need to noble 4 out of every 5 villages, not just the enemy ones. Well done if you have lasted this long, but part of the victory conditions is a requirement that most of you will go.

DeletedUser

Greg, when I say this I don't direct it at you. You were one of the few VODKA players who openly worked with everyone, and not just for your own personal gain. You are a team player unlike a lot of your tribesmen. I know this from the days when Flair and VODKA had the shared forum against SCO.

VODKA however should consider itself lucky. Why? Purely from the aspect that your offense that you are so proud of is nothing short of a joke. I only wish that when I was still around before I had to leave as my family was more important, that i could have shown you a true op. Not the hodge podge shit you threw at Flair, or at SCO for that matter. Every time I tried to put one together in the first few weeks of the war, something would come up. Boots internal/removal due to spying, Jamie.s quitting, xwheeliebinns going awol without word and not sending on their target, etc.

This world would have ended a lot different had Flair been here from the start. i know this because if we were, SCO and VODKA never would have had the pure size advantage. Flair always fought an uphill battle. We repelled and took down an entire front of a tribe 10x our size, and ultimately caused the collapse of SCO. Maybe not purely from caps, but our presence caused so much internal turmoil that it stemmed the collapse. Don't believe me? Ask some of the SCO members that ended up in VODKA. You guys certainly did your part, but you weren't the thing that broke the camel's back.

The only thing in this world that can claim it took out Flair is itself. Flair caused it's own downfall, not VODKA. Not SCO. Between the players having issues in their real lives, and the leaders getting too busy to continue to play, the tribe fell. So is the way of tribal wars.

You won this world, congratulations Vodka. You can say that. I don't however think it is something you should ever flaunt. You won because there was never a tribe able to keep up with the way you recruited and bullied the surrounding tribes. There was never a fight you took without a sizable advantage. You won a diplomatic win, not a dominance win.

DeletedUser920

Errrmmm...

Well remember that I began that Flair did well, but that they couldn't overcome the size advantage that we had by the time Flair decided to go head to head with us. It was Flair that declared on us though. Up until that point in the world, every war that Vodka fought had started against tribes and coalitions that were larger than us. I'm sorry that those tribes were much smaller or non-existent after fighting us, that that is the result of defeat in TW.

We've had a long fight - there has been no break since May. It has been one enemy after another, so for some of us it has been hard to keep on with the same energy. Compared to earlier, some of our ops may have been hodge podge, but they were still enough to put enough strain on your players so they couldn't cope. Rep, if you had organised the ops you suggested - and members had seen them through - then maybe it would have been our players crumbling - and some did. But you didn't.

With another 20% dominance to gain this is just not the most exciting part of the game. As we get closer to the end, there may be less skill and more doggedness and bloody minded persistence to get to a finish. I'll be glad when it is over. Hopefully it won't be forever.

DeletedUser

I left this world shortly after the mbig account joined VODKA mate. Had RL issues come up that caused me to no longer be able to play. Alas, I was absent for the majority of the VODKA and Flair war.

DeletedUser920

Nearly there...

Just sitting here like :icon_neutral:

Nexus FTW

You're still there and fighting the good fight, but the writing's well on the wall now.

77.6% and as much as fighting we're racing the barb munchers that keep picking up whatever they can with each noble they get - lowering the noble costs have backfired a bit to extend the war rather than allow the war to reach an end. It's just annoying that I won a month's premium and account manager in the Noble's Fair and really hope I won't have to use them !

DeletedUser920

79% - We'll get there, but it feels like pulling nails...

DeletedUser12641

hi everyone well I havnt been apart of this world just sitting on rim passing time,
any tribe that wins a world deserve it regardless of what has happened
some tribes in the past have deserved it more but what I will say is this

one thing that bugs me is when I read things like you never broke through us people left because of real life
we all have real lives just people use it as an excuse because they don't want this game taking over there lives, or they think they cant win or they have lost a few villas and get dis hearten, these 3 scenarios are probably 99% why people give up
so just accept that vodka is it are clear winners by a mile,
congratulate them and move onto the next world

DeletedUser920

It was 79.6% for a couple of days.

Now 79.7%. I suppose that is faster than it has been throughout the world, but it's like a long journey with the kids in the back of the car going "Are we there yet ?"