The Book of Flair: Chapter 4 - The little Tribe that dreamed it could.

DeletedUser13755

As the small land of Flair gazed over the vast enemy it was set to conquer there was a shadow cast. A shadow that, at first, was hidden and easy to miss. It started with the kingdom of Jamie.s, the owner of the lands was struck down with plight and the villagers left to fend for themselves. The enemies took advantage, pillaging and seizing all of the lands to the North East and without protection this marked the first fall in the war of the world.

The plight soon spread to neighboring kingdoms, the likes of Ruffus and Kill the messenger also falling whilst old owners losing their will for the fight. This became a re-occurring thing as Home life turned into a plague wiping out 15 of the brave warriors including many of the men who had built Flair from the ground up. The one remaining Duke of the lands of Flair had countered this plague as best he could but the damage was done at this stage.

The honorable warriors who still stood in defiance did so in great stead. Activity on the fronts proved to be the enemies downfall but it was all in vein as too many barren lands were undefended and unwatched. The enemy, like Vultures, tore into the dead and marched on with no resistance.

At the end of the great exodus there were only a noble few left, too few to match the inexperienced brawn of the enemy and so there was a decision to be made. To fight in the face of impending doom or to step down and let the world take its course. After a discussion that lasted many days and nights the council of Flair had opted to live the rest of its days relaxing before their final hours, with this they walked away.

What cannot be understated in this remarkable tale is the idea of Flair. A small kingdom of but a few wise men decided to stand up to the Goliath of this world and defy all orders given to them. The people who were not afraid followed the idea of Flair lived like kings in their time celebrating continuous successes. But just as Icarus flew too close to the sun, Flair became what they fought to stop and and lost their true path, and with that they fell.

With that I bid you a very fond farewell, I thank you all for making my first world back a memorable one. If there is more in the future then be sure
that the Kingdom of Flair will be raised from the ashes.
Stephen/Drhufflepuff.

[video=youtube;R03cqGg40GU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R03cqGg40GU[/video]

DeletedUser13755

I would like to make a few special mentions. There have been very few who have impressed me and stuck through me throughout this world but the ones who make it on here, it has been an absolute please working with you.

Repinski: The idea of Flair and success of the account would never have been without you. It has been an honor to play with you again and I am sure this world would have been a lot different if you didn't get your girlfriend knocked up!

Will/Warlord9: From the very start of this world you have been my greatest ally, you built me up and gave me the tools to defend myself. When DA fell we crafted Flair together in the face of two insurmountable tribes. Thank you for putting your faith in me from day one and I am very glad to call you my friend in and out of this game.

Andrew/Problematic squirrel: It started with a simple message from you out of the blue, and ended in a strong friendship. I am glad I got you to play longer than you intended too and I hope you feel the same. You showed great patience for the game and I am sure that if you ever play again you will have no trouble rising to the top.

Sixpointer: Thank you for putting in untold hours into the tribe and into the various accounts you were put on. I was sure that the Willywontey scenario would have scared you away but you believed in the idea of the tribe and in myself and rep. If more were as dedicated to winning as you were then Flair would be standing tall at no1 without a doubt.

Jake/Warlord9: You were brought in under fire and left to fend without the time to do so, and yet you did more for the tribe that 80% in my opinion. I am glad i got the chance to play with you again and that we will continue to play in the future. I cannot state how appreciative I am of the time end effort you put into the warlord account even with the island you were put on.

KK: Just as I was going to clear you from my contacts I decided instead to pop up and say hello. From there it was "just a week" to help is on the moribund account, since then you have been a continuous threat on this world and have only triumphed on any account you have been put on. Thank you for the time you have given me and what you have taught me too. I look forward to playing with you again in the future and your help cannot be understated.

Soop: It has been a joy knowing you throughout this world, your personality was a joy to behold and I am glad that you chose to stick it out with us through everything. I hope that our friendship doesn't end on this world as I am sure many will.

Stephen/Drhufflepuff.

DeletedUser

If we're making special mentions, then my voice shall shine some light on a few people who certainly deserve it.

First and foremost, there is one person who deserves my thanks more than everyone else and that is Stephen, the owner of the Drhufflepuff account. I stepped away from this game for nearly a year and a half but you eventually convinced em to join up and co-play you. 8 villages in, one target to hit and it was clear. We were going places with the Huffle account, no matter who stood in our way. What started as a "I'm only going to log in when I feel like it" quickly turned into a full time co-play and dukeship of one of the greatest tribes I have had the pleasure of being in.

Flair wasn't great due to what it achieved, though that is nothing to scoff at. Flair was great because of what it stood for and the people in it. We had the opportunity to win this world many times over. It is thanks to the people in Flair we said screw that and stuck to our guns. Winning means nothing if you're not proud of what you achieved while doing it and Steve, I thank you for giving me the opportunity to experience why I fell in love with this game in the first place.

You were the Dr. Jekyll to my Mr. Hyde. The Ying to my Yang. Without you, there is no way Flair, or the Huff account would have come close to doing what it did. You were the sensible one who kept me on my leash when I wanted to lash out. I was the one who knocked down the doors when you didn't have the heart to. As always, it was nothing but a pleasure.

Will, when I joined you were a random face. A face that I quickly became very happy to call a friend. I came into this world right at the downfall of DA and you were the one who said "screw it, I'm going on that wild ride". You agreed to the crazy notion that was Flair. And you rode that bull like a champ. We threw you into leadership situations you've never experienced. We put you under the gun on a magnitude you haven't had to deal with in a very long time. Never once did you complain. All the while with a smile on your face. Real life kicked you just as hard as it kicked me, and I can safely say your dedication to what we built was on a greater level than mine. Life may have kicked you out, but you certainly didn't choose to stay down like I did. Maybe you needed Flair as much as it needed you, but at the end of the day one can't sensibly look at Flair and not think of you in it.

Josh..... Or should I say Sixpointer. My old friend. When the going gets rough you have bailed me out of more than several sticky situations. We put you in an account that had no hope because little to our knowledge the owner didn't want to give it that hope. In a tribe full of strangers except Stephen and myself. You didn't care. You gave it everything you had and then some. That account couldn't be saved and I worried you might take your leave after the knife that ended up in your back by the owner who abandoned you. All that did was light a fire under you. You were here, and you weren't going anywhere. Without hesitation you grabbed the reigns next to Will on the Warlord account and you two were the rock us on Huffle could always rely on to have our back while we lashed out at everything in front of us. SCO didn't know what hit them. This however just wasn't enough for you. You picked up a leadership seat and to the best of my knowledge did everything in your power to fill the hole my departure left. A job I wouldn't burden anybody with. You did impeccably Six, and I can't thank you enough.

Andrew (problematic Squirrel), Jordan (JdSturch). You two brought a lot of joy to my face when I spoke with you guys. Eventually bringing up our western end, you gave us a target to push for and we hit it. We cut our way to you and man am I glad we did. Two of the best pick ups Flair ever made. You both had very busy lives and that didn't stop you. Under fire you didn't waver. You excelled. Eager to learn and such great students. If you guys ever pick up the mantle again, I know you'll go far. Andrew, you especially. When you came to Flair you had no leadership experience and no idea how to snipe. When you left Flair you were an integral part of how we ran the tribe and one of the best snipers to ever have a seat here.

Sue (soop). You crazy lady. No matter the circumstance you brought joy to the Flair skype chat with your shenanigans and crazy antics. How's that orange and green room panning out for you? Still love it? Any more furniture kick your ass lately? If there is one thing nobody else in Flair could top, it's the way you kept morale high. Didn't matter what was going on with your account. You sent your troops to others knowing you would take losses for it. A team player if I ever saw one. Anyone who has the pleasure to work with you is a lucky individual.

KK. It'd been years since we spoke, but you treated it like it was yesterday. A plug and play, a temporary member to hold us over in a rough spot. You walked in and you just never left. Where we put you originally you didn't have the tools to do the real damage you were used to but I'll be damned if you didn't pull things out of nowhere and make them happen regardless. All I have to say is it is a damn good thing you didn't have an account at the start of this world. It likely would have ended very differently for a lot of people.

Last but not least, I have to thank Torn. Thank you for all of the laughs you brought me. Ignorance truly is bliss I suppose. Much love and I hope the best even if I know that feeling isn't mutual.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13913

I would like to give some mentions as they surely do deserve it:

first to the rep/Stephen team:I say thank you to you both Rep and Stephen, your intent and Honor is what brought me here as I know both of you very well and it was an Honor to come fight alongside you both once again, i just wish my win on W19 .us server was over a lot sooner so i could have committed more time before our downfall. Both of you are awesome and i will follow you to the gates of hell anytime you ask, as you both know. thank you for the trip as it was an awesome travel for sure

Stephen: I got a chance to co play with you and I hope i shed light on my crazy tactics and you were awesome to co play with. We were doing great and could have kept the momentum going, but FLAIR needed shifts and we both failed to get ourselves co players to take the edge off. I would co play with you in a heart beat if you needed it, we will stay in touch as we have always done, lol

Repenski: I was hit hard when you had to leave and i tried to fill your shoes the best I could and FLAIR had some awesome members which made it a delight to Lead. You have always been someone who can inspire me to reach for greatness, even at 3am when i am dead tired. You a true strategist and have great ability to organize which gives your members reason to fight. We also will stay in touch as usual, lol

Will-i cant say enough about you. One of the kindest, strongest, awesome people i got a chance to meet when here in FLAIR. I am glad Rep got us together and your help on W19 was awesome as well, you did wonders. I am sorry i had to leave the warlord account to co play huffle, as I am sure you could have stayed their if i was there, no pun on Jake, Jake was just real busy with RL. You had some real life struggles but you never quit and you gave it your all. Always willing to help and always kept your mood high even in adverse odds, I am a better person to get to know you and that is something no one can take away, and of course we will stay in touch as we have.

Jake-warlord9- I brought you in as a co player for Warlord after i left it as i knew your time was limited and when Will had to leave it due to RL, you did not quit. I admire your resolve and sticking things out, wish you got co players before you did, but we cant change the past. WE have been friends since way back as well and I know i can rely on you, sorry if I let you down when I walked away but my RL changed and I know you understand, as usual we will stay in touch and if you need me let me know, I owe you one for sure ;)

KK: when you jumped from moribund to problematic squirrel to WIll O Baron, i knew you were a person i would enjoy being friends with. You gave insight and brought the spirit up when it was down and made it easier for us all, always willing to sit an account to help it out was truly inspiring. If there was a world you play in and need help, let me know i will give you a hand as you gave us in FLAIR, you deserve it as well, hope we stay in touch even though we have not talked much since our departure:(

Sincerely,
SIx

DeletedUser6488

Well this is the biggest love story of failure I've seen in my life ...

I wish I could say well done good fighting yadda yadda

But I can't flair were utter crap I think they managed one opp which failed horribly

Always the same old story when the going gets tough players bail go inactive get busy in RL ect

You are the worst tribe ever I have faced at end game you talk about some minor glories well I'm sorry you guys were an utter failure.

Anyway good luck in your next worlds and life in general

Shaun

DeletedUser13755

Shaun you did nothing to impress me at all in this world. I know your style of play down to a tee and it is laughable at best.

I ignored every first wave of scripted fakes you sent, your big scary 700 attacks in 3 minutes all dealt with by one button because you only ever faked in your first wave. Your second wave never had more that 200 attacks in so it was easily dodged and didn't cause any trouble at all.

Your noble attempts were pathetic, and if the Warlord9 account had real activity on then you would have been shown for the fraud of a player you are.

Enjoy your glory and I hope it lasts a long time for you as I am positive it is the only glory you will ever get. Unless of course you get fed again by your own tribe and then use that to look for and noble inactives.

DeletedUser13859

I feel now is the time that I (Soop) have to leave this world. Over the past month or so I've been on the Soop account which is when I left the Warlord account.

Now I would just like to say some special mentions to people on this world. As always, you'll get me on a quieter note.

Steve
It has been amazing since we first spoke back in June, back in N|B together, then DA and on into Flair. It has been a fantastic time on here, you've been right beside me since then and I am very pleased to have you as a friend. I really hope to fight side by side at some point again.

Rep
I really enjoyed talking to you on and off TW and am very glad you joined Steve. We had some good times in DA but even more fantastic times in Flair. I'm glad to call you a friend and hope we continue to the future.

Six/Josh
From the start I called you Six so I think i'll have to continue it here onwards. From the time you joined me you have really changed me as a player, you've taught me some of the best skills in TW that I won't forget. I feel we've had a great time on here and I am very pleased that Steve/Rep introduced us. If you're ever in need of a co-player, i'd like to apply.

Jake
You came in as a co-player on the warlord account but in the end you ran it full stop. You were the person that enabled us to get the 5 daily achievements without me doing much. I'm so pleased that you found your feet on there straight away and apologies that RL got in the way meaning I had to leave.

KK
We didn't really know each other too much but I am pleased to have known you for the short time. You had given me insight into smaller details of TW that I will take into future worlds.

Jake Dear
You were probably the first person on this TW world that I had spoken too (Other than weenman) and we have been together since then. I am very pleased to have met you back then. Maybe in the future you'll look at joining up again, when you do i'll be waiting for a message. Also, I won't tell anyone else about the ball incident :)

As promised it has been short, you hardly will ever get much more than that.

Cheers
Will