The Coffee Shop

DeletedUser5175

Ok in an attempt to allow discussion to flow and not be stopped by deleted posts and Jukes itchy 'Ctl V' fingers pasting his 'Waa your off topic messages' This thread is for general discussion of anything and anybody you want. It may start of being a discussion of one thing and later change into a completely different discussion. As good conversations generally do.

Some thoughts to begin:

I'm quite interested if Nauz thinks his def start up has paid off? I understand he is trying out a new start up on uk7. Seems to be doing well for rank. - But then again when doesn't he do well for rank :icon_eek: So Nauz compared to where you expect you'd be with your older strategies is this one working out as planned?

Also Dubby vs Ade :icon_razz: Can you really compare the skill levels on two accounts when one is co-played and one isn't?

Barb hunting? Yay or Nay?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser282

As this thread is partially about Dubby vs Ade, I'll post my response to something that Ade said in another thread.

adellion said:
Meh, on UK1, I do not think many would agree with this statement Alex. Perhaps you could talk to the duke of W1N there (and indeed most of W1N) regarding Dubby. Perhaps the revelations may surprise you.

W1N were against Dubby so it is only natural that they view Dubby negatively, as an automatic bias, so this is not at all a fair way to judge how Dubby did. It is largely the case that people will form a negative opinion of the people they are fighting against. The way Dubby stands up for himself in the face of everyone shouting down at him in the Dubby vs W1N thread is admirable, and he did so with much more maturity and intelligence than some other people in that thread. Whilst we are quoting things we could have a look at this comment by Ade (a co-player of Ifarmyourhidingplace?)

http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showpo...&postcount=259
If that looks too long too read then here is my shorthand version:-
Adellion- "Better players have more valid opinions, I'm so much better than you, my opinion is worth more than yours, so I'm write your wrong. Lets have a 1vs1 on uk5, I'll win, so I'm better than you in every way, you are inferior, I am win. Agree with me because I am superior."

A fair way of looking at Dubby's skill would be to arrange a fight on equal terms on another world which was suggested by Adellion (a co player of Ifarmyourhidingplace?) which Dubby won.

The result of this is partially why I view Ade to be certainly inferior to Dubby.

Also, Adellion's post in the thread Dubby linked, compared to Dubby's posts it seems that Dubby is far more mature and agreeable than Ade or Frank.

DeletedUser5175

As this thread is partially about Dubby vs Ade

Thanks for the comments Gargareth, this thread not specifically about anybody or anything, it's a space to talk about anything to do with TW and uk7 - without being infracted for off topicness :)

DeletedUser

Everyone can improve and Adellion has done so imo. He was hoping to play this world solo but I forced him to let me co-play him :D

DeletedUser

So if its about anything and everything, and it goes down one consistent line, that will then be off topic..............................

Sharpening my :axemen: in expectation :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser5175

it's a space to talk about anything to do with TW and uk7

Conversations are fluid and too often on uk7 they are cut short by deleted posts, this is a space for discussion, whether that discussion changes is entirely down to the participants in the thread

prepares the :archer:'s

DeletedUser1410

OK peeps here's something to think about?
co-playing, should it be outlawed ? why because it give an advantage to that account?
Now I know some will say that everyone can get a co if they wanted to, and its up to them to find one, but! If your a new player and keep coming up against a co-played account or accounts round you, you will never get a chance to grow and play the game.
I've never had a co and I can't see a time that I would want or need one, but it's an option that is there if I could trust someone enough lol

So the question

Co-playing Yes or No?

DeletedUser

co-playing, should it be outlawed ? why because it give an advantage to that account?
Now I know some will say that everyone can get a co if they wanted to, and its up to them to find one, but! If your a new player and keep coming up against a co-played account or accounts round you, you will never get a chance to grow and play the game.
I've never had a co and I can't see a time that I would want or need one, but it's an option that is there if I could trust someone enough lol

So the question

Co-playing Yes or No?

There is already a thread on this and many have been made before you posting this, use those. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser5175

I've done both, played with a co and played solo. I've found that on the rim you don't really need a co but it's a lot harder to go solo in the core

Mainly i think co's are a good thing for players who work and need sleep - 8 hours at work and another 8 sleeping makes it a lot harder to join in ops and tag incomings - theres nothing worse than being at work knowing you could be sniping.

On the other hand being in a good tribe you should be able to get a sitter for these instances - unfortunately sometimes your not in a good tribe and sitters are unreliable or hard to find.

DeletedUser8768

So the question

Co-playing Yes or No?

No way to monitor that whatsoever.. 2,3,4,5 players all living at the same place... same ip, same uni... same ip, multiple ips could be work / home / mobile / friends / relatives house...

I see what your saying, but its similar to saying should we not allow unemployed people to play, or people that work from home, or on a pc all day as they have an advantage..

From what I can see, only the night bonus setting is what can be applied to give everyone co played or not, more of an equal chance at the game..

DeletedUser6695

OH yesh a thread where I can post things and not be infracted!

Co-playing FTW! :icon_cool:

DeletedUser1410

No way to monitor that whatsoever.. 2,3,4,5 players all living at the same place... same ip, same uni... same ip, multiple ips could be work / home / mobile / friends / relatives house...

I see what your saying, but its similar to saying should we not allow unemployed people to play, or people that work from home, or on a pc all day as they have an advantage..

From what I can see, only the night bonus setting is what can be applied to give everyone co played or not, more of an equal chance at the game..

I know you can't stop it
What I'm saying is it fair?

DeletedUser6603

I think thats down to an individuals perception. I certainly don't have a problem with Co-players, as I can completely understand why people do it. I love playing TW but I do not love how much of my life it can swallow up sometimes, and co-players are a great way of stopping TW from taking over your life ;-)

DeletedUser8815

But its like 1 guy playing against 2.....not allowed in any sport i know.

What would be a wonderful world if you were limited to say 3 hours online time per day, no sitting allowed. The 3 hours could be spread throughout the day. Now that would level the playing field and i would join such a world in a flash

DeletedUser5942

What would be a wonderful world if you were limited to say 3 hours online time per day, no sitting allowed. The 3 hours could be spread throughout the day. Now that would level the playing field and i would join such a world in a flash

I assume (dangerous I know) that you are referring to co-playing accounts? It's the beauty of this game that co-playing IS allowing IMHO. Whilst I appreciate your point that we could all be limited to a set number of hours per day to play, that would remove the excitement would it not?

Whilst the load on the servers would be reduced (tech geek point), would your proposition not also reduce the 'thrill' of the game? After all, is not part of the game that we have all chosen to play, how well you can defend - as well as barb munching, nobling others, farming etc? Is it not all part of the whole?

Actually - while I think about it - define 'level playing field'

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score

It's allowed in several sports that you know.

They just label it differently.

Co-playing is akin to a linechange in any other sport. One player goes off to the bench and another takes their place.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8815

Firstly I am not suggesting a rule change, just options for one world. if u don't like the settings then join a different world

secondly, the excitement would still be there, with a new skill introduced, how best to spend your time in game.

All I am saying is that as ruffus stated, coplayed accounts have huge advantage against the single player....this option would level the playing field so that those unwilling or unable to find coplayers can play a world on equal footing