The Elite Player!!!

DeletedUser8768

Could somebody please break down for me what an elite player is?

start up?

perfect village builds ( or what we would consider to be perfect)

perfect trains (not hard with any sort of server based restrictions)

sniping.

back timing

farming

The players that are mentioned time and time again I know little of (most of them) and I have not played along side most of them on other worlds or been on opposite sides of the world.

My only judgement on them is what Ive seen on this world, which appears to be very active efficient farming, good judgement of there surrounding players (possibly a bit of luck? and as Ive read in other threads good restart mails)

Its a serious question, Id like to know what people class as the elite player, and I think peoples views would be an interesting read..

DeletedUser

I think the second you start classing players as elite or not you've lost your edge. If you respect your enemies you'll attack/defend against them all the same. The second you underestimate someone your starting to take unnecessary risks.

Timmy

DeletedUser8768

I think the second you start classing players as elite or not you've lost your edge. If you respect your enemies you'll attack/defend against them all the same. The second you underestimate someone your starting to take unnecessary risks.

Timmy

Good response.. I like your logic in that..

But I hear so many people talk about these elite players, I just want to know what they have that I, and the rest of world 7 it seems now dont have?

DeletedUser6603

Well they wash and have showers for starters, whereas you dont.....

DeletedUser8687

lol rob tbh elite players do exist. Not only in TW but in everything in life. Elite athletes, comedians even elite chess players! Every activity which has competition will spawn players who will excel above the rest.

To be elite in this game you need a mixture of all of the above skills but activity has to be the catalyst of multiplier if you will. But along with activity which (co players are used to increase) Farming is the mark of an elite player :)

Liam

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8768

lol rob tbh elite players do exist. Not only in TW but in everything in life. Elite athletes, comedians even elite chess players! Every activity which has competition will spawn players who will excel above the rest.

To be elite in this game you need a mixture of all of the above skills but activity has to be the catalyst of multiplier if you will. But along with activity which (co players are used to increase) Farming is the mark of an elite player :)

Liam

Im waiting to hear from players that keep referring to all the "elite" players that are no longer in this world.

I hear so often that this world now has noobs, or average players left, as all the greatest left early game, so im interested to see what it is they have that I havent learned myself yet...?

DeletedUser8815

I would suggest that elite players are those that can understand their position within the game. Should I be making defence or offence, should I make friends with player b or noble him, can i make him into a profitable farm? How best to noble someone and take the minimum of risk in doing so. Which tribe should I join? Should I dodge the incoming or stack against it?

As you say, it is easy if you read the guides to snipe backtime and send fast trains. Elite players make it their business to do this as well as they can. Most players do not take the trouble to learn. I also find it incredible that players will have blinkers on, they will sit right next to a huge threat and make no effort to deal with it, happily building their village, then get surprised when they are nobled.

To use a football analogy, activity and learning how to backtime etc is like the training, but the real skill is in knowing when to pass and when to shoot

DeletedUser8768

I would suggest that elite players are those that can understand their position within the game. Should I be making defence or offence, should I make friends with player b or noble him, can i make him into a profitable farm? How best to noble someone and take the minimum of risk in doing so. Which tribe should I join? Should I dodge the incoming or stack against it?

As you say, it is easy if you read the guides to snipe backtime and send fast trains. Elite players make it their business to do this as well as they can. Most players do not take the trouble to learn. I also find it incredible that players will have blinkers on, they will sit right next to a huge threat and make no effort to deal with it, happily building their village, then get surprised when they are nobled.

To use a football analogy, activity and learning how to backtime etc is like the training, but the real skill is in knowing when to pass and when to shoot

Yeah that makes sence mate, I can't disagree with it.

So with the short time we've had on w7 so far, I think personally it would be impossible to rule anyone out of the "elite" category who is still here, or does it in fact mean those still standing who have clearly dominated there areas using the skills you mention ARE now "elite" (assuming they understand and use the other tactics properly, ie farming, sniping...)

DeletedUser3642

I would suggest that Elite players could be interpreted in several guises.

1. The start up
2. The mid game
3. The end game

Some of the most dangerous players in mid/late game, are terrible at startup and would consider themselves noobs at this stage
Some of the most dangerous statup players, quit very early in the world, once they believe they have proved themselves "best"

Unless you have a player that goes from start to finish without quitting or changing hands, consistently top placed, and consistently dangerous to their enemies, and a help to their tribemates - then I don't believe they can truly call themselves elite.

An elite player should prove themselves on the battlefield, not in the forums, not by taking barbs to gain their size but by engaging the enemy.

An elite startup player will quickly outgrow their surrounding members, but will get bored as the game slows down and noble distances change from 5 hours, to 100 hours. I'd also suggest that this type of elite player does not deal well with 1,000+ incoming attacks that the End game elite players thrive on.

I think its probably easier to distinguish someone who's skilled, and someone who isn't - by their basic abilities to snipe, backtime, sub-second trains, precision, activeness and strategy. Whether they are then classed as elite is in my opinion down to their reliability and consistency, and the level headed decisions they make. You cannot be classed as elite, if you join a world for 3 months and then quit, or if you play solely for yourself and not your tribe, or if their consistency is so unreliable, that they have to be left to do their own thing as they cannot be worked with.

Saying all that... a player may once have been elite somewhere, somewhen, but has now "grown out of the game", and so only plays the startup before they seek their thrills elsewhere. These are no longer elite "on that world" - just thrill seekers...

-- just my opinion :)

DeletedUser

Elite: Players that don't really understand how to play this game in a teamwork aspect. They generally have super-sized ego's that must be fed with hot air on a regular basis. A sure sign of one is a player calling themselves elite or vehemently calling someone else a n00b. You'll notice them usually in small groups of 4 or 5 (generally on the same account) feeding each others ego's to keep them going but due to their selfish playstyle nature, drop out the game in between start-up and mid-game, if they even make it that long. If you can't spot them early on, they'll usually be on the forums complaining about a 10 vs 1, or how there's no "challenge", or even (My personal favorite) talking about how they "could" be rank 1 but they "cba". You MAY, in rare cases, find one or 2 in top ranks mid-game, boasting how they got there easily, playing solo with only 15 minutes of activity...but we all know this isn't true, really it's just to feed that over-sized ego we talked about earlier, and in some even more rare cases, it may be true, but this is usually due to cheating (in multiple forms such as botting and push accounts) and they usually end up banned.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Elite: Players that don't really understand how to play this game in a teamwork aspect. They generally have super-sized ego's that must be fed with hot air on a regular basis. A sure sign of one is a player calling themselves elite or vehemently calling someone else a n00b. You'll notice them usually in small groups of 4 or 5 (generally on the same account) feeding each others ego's to keep them going but due to their selfish playstyle nature, drop out the game in between start-up and mid-game, if they even make it that long. If you can't spot them early on, they'll usually be on the forums complaining about a 10 vs 1, or how there's no "challenge", or even (My personal favorite) talking about how they "could" be rank 1 but they "cba". You MAY, in rare cases, find one or 2 in top ranks mid-game, boasting how they got there easily, playing solo with only 15 minutes of activity...but we all know this isn't true, really it's just to feed that over-sized ego we talked about earlier, and in some even more rare cases, it may be true, but this is usually due to cheating (in multiple forms such as botting and push accounts) and they usually end up banned.

lol - CLASSIC!!

+ reps!!

DeletedUser

Elite:
1. Players that don't really understand how to play this game in a teamwork aspect.
2. They generally have super-sized ego's that must be fed with hot air on a regular basis. A sure sign of one is a player calling themselves elite or vehemently calling someone else a n00b.
3. You'll notice them usually in small groups of 4 or 5 (generally on the same account) feeding each others ego's to keep them going but due to their selfish playstyle nature, drop out the game in between start-up and mid-game, if they even make it that long.
4. If you can't spot them early on, they'll usually be on the forums complaining about a 10 vs 1, or how there's no "challenge", or even (My personal favorite) talking about how they "could" be rank 1 but they "cba".
5. You MAY, in rare cases, find one or 2 in top ranks mid-game, boasting how they got there easily, playing solo with only 15 minutes of activity...but we all know this isn't true, really it's just to feed that over-sized ego we talked about earlier, and in some even more rare cases, it may be true, but this is usually due to cheating (in multiple forms such as botting and push accounts) and they usually end up banned.

umm ...
1. Tick
2. LoB's a n00b ... Tick
3. Two count, or too low? And has anyone got a definition of the start-up / mid-game / end-game sort of thing ... We'll leave that one undecided
4. Its no challenge :D ... Tick
5. 15 minutes, heck I crack the whip and my big bad bot Gem gets to work instantly ... I'd say the game can easily be done in about 4/5 minutes per day, people who play for 15 just have way too much time on their hands. As for push accounts. I still use them, even at this start-up/mid-game/late-game stage of the world. Currently got 4 ... funnily they all used to belong to the same tribe -V- :)

OK, so thats me pretty close to being Elite, can we get a ruling on nbr 3 please?

DeletedUser6695

IMO start up ends at about 50k ish...

Btw anyone know where nauZ is gone?

DeletedUser8687

umm ...
1. Tick
2. LoB's a n00b ... Tick
3. Two count, or too low? And has anyone got a definition of the start-up / mid-game / end-game sort of thing ... We'll leave that one undecided
5. 15 minutes, heck I crack the whip and my big bad bot Gem gets to work instantly ... I'd say the game can easily be done in about 4/5 minutes per day, people who play for 15 just have way too much time on their hands. As for push accounts. I still use them, even at this start-up/mid-game/late-game stage of the world. Currently got 4 ... funnily they all used to belong to the same tribe -V- :)

OK, so thats me pretty close to being Elite, can we get a ruling on nbr 3 please?

you noble inactive SA and go for the retake with halfnukes :lol:

DeletedUser

I would suggest that Elite players could be interpreted in several guises.

1. The start up
2. The mid game
3. The end game

Some of the most dangerous players in mid/late game, are terrible at startup and would consider themselves noobs at this stage
Some of the most dangerous statup players, quit very early in the world, once they believe they have proved themselves "best"

Unless you have a player that goes from start to finish without quitting or changing hands, consistently top placed, and consistently dangerous to their enemies, and a help to their tribemates - then I don't believe they can truly call themselves elite.

An elite player should prove themselves on the battlefield, not in the forums, not by taking barbs to gain their size but by engaging the enemy.

An elite startup player will quickly outgrow their surrounding members, but will get bored as the game slows down and noble distances change from 5 hours, to 100 hours. I'd also suggest that this type of elite player does not deal well with 1,000+ incoming attacks that the End game elite players thrive on.

I think its probably easier to distinguish someone who's skilled, and someone who isn't - by their basic abilities to snipe, backtime, sub-second trains, precision, activeness and strategy. Whether they are then classed as elite is in my opinion down to their reliability and consistency, and the level headed decisions they make. You cannot be classed as elite, if you join a world for 3 months and then quit, or if you play solely for yourself and not your tribe, or if their consistency is so unreliable, that they have to be left to do their own thing as they cannot be worked with.

Saying all that... a player may once have been elite somewhere, somewhen, but has now "grown out of the game", and so only plays the startup before they seek their thrills elsewhere. These are no longer elite "on that world" - just thrill seekers...

-- just my opinion :)

One of the best summaries I have seen so far on this topic +1

DeletedUser

Definitely a + Rep post :D

You possess great analytical skills! :icon_razz:

DeletedUser8768

umm ...
1. Tick
2. LoB's a n00b ... Tick

Rev..

Whats your view on elite players?, you have mentioned yourself that there are none left on this world...

DeletedUser

MikeK, I have to agree excellent summary

My thoughts are that being elite is not a simple black and white answer as there are many considerations.

My thoughts on the qualities required are:

• technical capability – this is through experience a player has gained a level of skill in the mechanics of the game that they know how to be both offensive and defensive and also know how best to strategic place their own position and those around them to make the best of that world (this includes knowing the effects of the settings and if it is a church world or not).
  • Strategic capability – this is where a player through his own knowledge knows both short term and long term effects of decisions made by themselves and others they may influence. Diplomatic skill is a sub-set of this skill. Seen many arogant players running elite tribes self destruct through abysmal diplomacy

The above two are in my opinion the skills required that allow a player to be an elite player.

Now we come to how they appear when playing, and this is where a player’s attitude to the game comes in, as once a player has proved themselves enough times they may drop their drive a little as they no longer have anything to prove.

I therefore agree those players who are elite then have differing characteristics when playing the game. Examples are:

• Players like PP, who I believe is probably the best start up player in the game, likes the thrill of the start up and the buzz they get but then quits as the world settles down into tribes sorting themselves out before the major wars later on.
  • Players like Parmenion, stay the distance and I consider Parm one of the most dangerous players I have ever come across, Reverend is also in this category of player.
  • Players like Kreger, have brilliant diplomatic and operational organisational skills that allow them to see the strategic picture to a level that they can plan and run world wars and win them, which is why Cult on W3 is where they are.

These are just my thoughts, so in summary I think players may be elite but not seem elite because of how they have chosen to play and others will portray to be elite but are not and a few are both elite and still put the energy into the game to show their skill.

Thanks

TT