The End of an Era

DeletedUser4252

Players of UK2,

You all know me by now. For those of you who may have joined the world recently, I am Tina, Quest2005 in game and long term Duke of -TV-.

We in -TV- have been at war with literally the rest of the world now for some time, a war that has been and will always be, long, arduous and hard fought.

This in itself is a testament to both sides and I have no intention of denying that we at -TV- have faced competent and active opposition who have pushed us again and again.

Many of WG and G.F members have our respect, you have conducted yourselves well and with dignity. Something that SHOULD be a given, but is often lacking. There are WG members who have been so lacking. These members know who they are and to you I would ask you to remember that this is only a game and should be taken in that tone.

Since our current wars started we (-TV-) have had success, albeit marginal. The current statistics are as follows:

Side 1:

Tribes: -TV-
Side 2:
Tribes: G.F

Timeframe: 05/09/2011 23:02:35 to 24/09/2012 23:05:00

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 1,200
Side 2: 929
Difference: 271

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 11,649,321
Side 2: 9,052,638
Difference: 2,596,683

chart

Side 1:
Side 2:
Tribes: WG

Timeframe: 11/03/2012 06:29:30 to 24/09/2012 23:05:00

Side 1: 3,151
Side 2: 2,935
Difference: 216

chart

Side 1: 29,784,067
Side 2: 28,096,637
Difference: 1,687,430

chart

Side 1:
Side 2:
Tribes: WG, G.F

Timeframe: 11/03/2012 06:29:30 to 24/09/2012 23:05:00

Side 1: 3,193
Side 2: 3,096
Difference: 97

chart

Side 1: 30,199,111
Side 2: 29,666,754
Difference: 532,357

chart

As you can see, we are ahead, but it is clear the fight has been fiercely fought by both sides.

I would also like to congratulate the players on both sides who have put in a huge amount of effort during both of our wars. These are as follows:

[FONT=&amp]Top 10 players in war between -TV- and G.F.[/FONT]

RankName TribeConquered villagesLost villagesDefeated opponents while attackingDefeated opponents while defending
1manosdiaWG265 11 40.342.027 118.066.884
2smaj-TV-220 2240.008.95063.459.816
3WaterWarrior-TV-190 9 27.000.113 17.508.654
4paulsham-TV-137 17 24.652.673 40.313.892
5SlowsaylorG.F122 27 31.438.041 25.990.428
6figinie-TV-98 115 12.963.150 148.474.856
7quest2005-TV-93 20 39.893.679 116.385.123
8Traviscoob-TV-47 86 48.629.473 54.362.344
9Storm Lord-TV-46 2 17.691.453 6.236.035
10britecraft-TV-42 2 6.044.508 1.176.439

[FONT=&amp]Top 10 players in war between -TV- and WG
[/FONT]

RankName TribeConquered villagesLost villagesDefeated opponents while attackingDefeated opponents while defending
1MaXimus Galicas-TV-543 85 74.217.819 302.573.326
2Eniar -TV-369 217 74.432.744 93.926.442
3donko -TV-335 105 71.165.063 294.578.468
4manosdia WG319 39 107.590.703 22.404.155
5shaun1102WG247 135 55.013.101 203.167.993
6Storm Lord-TV-200 16 68.530.335 8.571.582
7valiant1971-TV-182 118 93.407.047 128.551.008
8Whiskey River-TV-179 41 31.713.329 29.832.248
9Jmay WG168 59 51.071.654 65.177.702
10cmjjj WG143 98 49.175.015 68.891.133
[FONT=&amp]

A great reflection on -TV- and one that I think is significant in showing the tone of the war. Although not completely dominated by -TV- players, we have a healthy majority and this is something we should be proud of.

Now, to the point of my post.

This world is so far from ending that it is almost frightening. I have experience in being in a world winning tribe and have enough end game experience to see this war for the slow grind it actually is.

-TV- Have the upper hand. This is reflected in the stats above and is plain for all to see.

But, despite this, this world is likely to last far into the future and -TV- will not taste victory before many of us have gone grey.

Tribal Wars is a game that demands time.

It demands time on a daily, weekly, monthly and even yearly level.

We all know that when we start a world, we will likely be playing that world for a couple of years.

This is not the case with UK2. The world settings and the level of entrenchment the tribes have. will stretch this war into one of the longest TW has ever seen.

Having this weigh on my mind for the last several months had brought me to realise that I do not wish to loose a significant proportion of my life to a game where the end is approaching at such a slow tortuous crawl.

And so my point.... I will be leaving Tribal Wars today.

I inherited the leadership of -TV- so long ago now that few would debate the fact that the group of players that remain have been led, shaped and guided by me and my leadership team.

-TV- is my baby. I have nurtured it, cared for it and refused to let it sit idle while I have been at the helm.

As a result, effective at midnight tonight, -TV- will no longer exist.

A group of players will be leaving with me but a sizable chunk will continue to bring the fight to WG and GF. They will be doing so under a different Banner, but their spirit and heart has not changed. Neither has their determination.

This is not a white flag, nor a victory speech. -TV- have not been defeated, far from it.

Instead it is an honest admission that my life is worth more than fighting a doggy conflict lasting years.

I wish you all well....well most of you
[/FONT]:)

Tina :icon_biggrin:[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

DeletedUser

Thanks for all the good times Tina.

You've been truely the most amazing leader I've ever had the pleasure of playing with, and you've thought me so much about this game in general, right down to what a tribe truely means.

I shall also be joining you in venturing out to the great abyss that is known as Real Life :)

It's been a great world and I've met some fantastic characters on here. Such an epic scale of a world, and it's going to be fun to watch it develop for the remainder of the players.

Best of Luck to all those playing, I hope you all get what you want from it :)

Peace Out!

Henry

DeletedUser7215

well is tv trying to claim victory because if you are try again tv lost like i said G.F would out last tv which they have haha yes tina we all know you well and we all have our names for you bye bye losers now bring on TEAM-Virtus Legion lol should of name it TEAM-Virtus noobs haha

DeletedUser

:icon_razz: Nice one Anthrich.

Glad to see the back of them and their dubious playing styles and methods much? I am.

Claiming victory then disbanding "her" own tribe.... good one Tina you have really outdone yourself this time. High and mighty Tina fails again.

Tara Lass

Chin up though sunshine...... its only a game :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Well it was fun playing against you, just a pity you signed off with a load of meaningless stats.

I believe you were worth at least half a dozen players. I wonder how this new tribe will fair without you??????

DeletedUser

Try to show some class people, please.

Tina wasn't claiming victory, what she said was that we were slowly winning despite the treacherous backstabbing, and other activities by our enemies which i won't bother to get into.

Real Life is always the ultimate victor in Tribal wars because RL is more important than playing a game.

Tina kept going and kept others going with her, but as she stated Tina has a Real Life to go to and that takes precedence.

Will miss playing with you Tina, and wish those leaving and those staying good fortune for the future.

Cheers

DeletedUser

Valoki.... we all know what has happened.

You and your tribe are just unwilling to admit it. Too many accounts of yours are getting smashed. The writing has been on the wall for quite sometime, stop treating the rest of the world like a bunch of idiots and admit the truth. Your tribe and its leadership were just not good enough to win the world they always claimed was theirs to win.

LB is right the stats are pointless, Tina was a good player or was it her co-players? Anyway who cares she is gone and the world is a better place for it.

I now wonder how many of the ex TV players, who thought for so long they were going to be part of a tribe that actually won a world, will now will seek a separate peace with WG and beg to swap to the winning side. It must be a bitter pill to swallow.... being lied to for so long. Chin up

DeletedUser8943

despite the treacherous backstabbing,

I assume you mean by this the fact that diplomatic move that created WG....... Need I remind you that while I and others were going through the very arduous process of this, the leadership of TV were at the same time trying to secretly poach players from GF in order to position themselves to take out W~A~R. Your leaders were outflanked diplomatically, simple as that. Or don't forget how the war between GF and TV broke out in the first place with your agressive nobling in our areas to provoke it. So get off your high horse.

As far as the insinuation of 'other activities' don't know what you think we're at? Your tribesmates aren't above suspicion of some lets just say creative playing techniques.

As far as TV not losing the war that it was just the RL was more important for Tina and others. Well we all have real lives. One of the skills of a decent tribe and decent leadership is about creating enough support to allow people in the tribe to play and still have a real life.

Yes real life sometimes is too much to allow people to play. We've had cases of this too. But to have a big chunk of your tribe all have real life issues pop up at exactly the same time and pack it in en masse, just as some major accounts of your like travis were starting to buckle, rings more of quitting before being made to eat humble pie.

Yes Tina and quite a few players were very good players and I wish them all the best in the real world. But you can't expect the departure of players that have spent most of this world trumpeting how superior of players they were, would not be be met without a bit of gloating.

DeletedUser

Try to show some class people, please.

Tina wasn't claiming victory, what she said was that we were slowly winning despite the treacherous backstabbing, and other activities by our enemies which i won't bother to get into.

Real Life is always the ultimate victor in Tribal wars because RL is more important than playing a game.

Tina kept going and kept others going with her, but as she stated Tina has a Real Life to go to and that takes precedence.

Will miss playing with you Tina, and wish those leaving and those staying good fortune for the future.

Cheers

Only people who I found this to be true of was TV to be fair.

You don't come across people more loyal than myself, either in game or in RL, sadly it was not reciprocated as a member of TV.

Good luck to all who are left.

DeletedUser7215

valoki your villas in k55 and k45 will be mine soon so if you want let RL take over so i dont show you up bye bye hahaha

DeletedUser

Nice to see some of the comments here.

Peadar, we can argue about who backstabbed who the most till the cows come home....As I think you feel like me, it really doesnt matter. I would like to think that most of us at TV just pulled up socks up and got on with it. I think my own account got hit the hardest out of everyone that early morning, and being in bed dying of a hangover I got my ass kicked. I'd also recently helped out an ally by sending out lots of D nukes to help support him, only for him to then noble those empty supporting villages ( he got his tho :) ) For the next week I was defending with almost empty villages. I never quit, complained or whinged. I tried my best to get on with it, and soon was beating WG in personal war stats.

But hey ho, this is a game, it doesn't really matter does it? All that ever annoyed me about GF/WG was their complete lack of respect for their enemy...I've tried many players from many sits, and I've always gotten the same response insulting response off all GF, and the same rhetoric off WG west. Thats why when I've seen on the forums players saying TV are arrogant and egotistical etc, I really can't understand it. I know the whole TV tribe for a long time now, and I thought that attitude was long since gone with Jai and such leaving. But obviously how TV players talk to me, and how they talk to the enemy are two completely different things. I certainly treat all players with respect, knowing even the best player can make mistakes, and even the worst players can have great days. If I had one final wish leaving this world, it would be that there was a mutual respect on both sides.....I don't think there is usually so much disdain on both sides, so far along into a world ( UK1, UK6 etc).

The whole cheating accussations are pointless too really, as Peadar points out, both sides accuse each other of this, and it's all a waste of time, and relative. I've been accused of cheating many many times....Hell I even got accused of cheating as I kept sniping some trains. See what's relative to each player. To Storm Rider, sniping trains was cheating, to another player it's all about knowledge and practice.

Peadar I really cant see how you can say players like tina have been trumpeting how superior they were? As I said earlier, as I see it that all ended a long time ago. Very few members of TV actually post on the forums, and I don't think those that do rarely show any condescension. Nothing to the degree of anthrich for example, who seems unable to type 5 words without including noob. Maybe some of the players act differently to the enemy that they do to us, but I've not seen any superiority attitudes from any members of TV in over a year.

Ken ( lilsammi), your comments are actually hilarious. Your a rare flower that I've had the pleasure to play alongside. You live in your own little world, with your own idea on how things should be done, and have developed. Loyalty? Don't make me laugh any harder mate. Claim your public fame all you want Ken, everyone who has the pleasure to smell your blossoming personality, knows the real truth buddy boy. Even those who knew you for years, were both heartbroken, and disgusted at what you have done - on several occasions. We repeatedly gave you fresh chances, and you repeatedly screwed us over. Keep on Dreaming :)

DeletedUser8943

Lakadaem....

LOL..
Remember its all about bias and perspective :D

I guess its like in football. When a player on the other team dives in the box, you cry out for the diver to be sent off... When one of your team dives in the box, it was clearly as a result of the most heinous and savage attack from the opposition and the 'fouling player' should be banned from playing football ever again and a penalty given. :D

DeletedUser7215

could this be the end of quest will it be kick from TVL as we eat it how does the new owner of the account like all these incoming i would say bye bye to him/her as the account as been done the good old GF way haha who ever is on it you should press delete now as you have only been hit by 3 accounts now everyone else will be joining in so long quest bring back tina and who next tv should be wondering oh and thank you tv for getting us know that the account had new player on it :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

lol anth.... its not the only tv account meeting its end. They all are!!!!!

DeletedUser7215

yep your right there bye bye TVL must stand for TEAM-Virtus Loses

DeletedUser

Nice to see some of the comments here.

Ken ( lilsammi), your comments are actually hilarious. Your a rare flower that I've had the pleasure to play alongside. You live in your own little world, with your own idea on how things should be done, and have developed. Loyalty? Don't make me laugh any harder mate. Claim your public fame all you want Ken, everyone who has the pleasure to smell your blossoming personality, knows the real truth buddy boy. Even those who knew you for years, were both heartbroken, and disgusted at what you have done - on several occasions. We repeatedly gave you fresh chances, and you repeatedly screwed us over. Keep on Dreaming :)

Glad to be keeping you happy.

Fresh chances you say, what like when I got caught napping by WG lost a few villages, handed my account sit to TV's duke that evening only to take it back in the morning with more loses to TV?

How is that being given a chance.

Still with the rhetoric, still with the blag, just admit that TV leadership were/are prepared to screw anyone over including other members of TV, in order to attempt to win.

Not how I play but each to there own.

DeletedUser

Your spot on there lilsammi. tv leaders in the past were prepared to do anything and use any means to win this world. Tina's leaving comes right at the tipping point..... she knew the game was over for them.

What about the "new" leadership at TVL?? could you even call it that?

DeletedUser

Glad to be keeping you happy.

Fresh chances you say, what like when I got caught napping by WG lost a few villages, handed my account sit to TV's duke that evening only to take it back in the morning with more loses to TV?

How is that being given a chance.

Still with the rhetoric, still with the blag, just admit that TV leadership were/are prepared to screw anyone over including other members of TV, in order to attempt to win.

Not how I play but each to there own.

Again your living in your own little world mate. Let me go through it all again with you shall I?

-> You moved to traviscoob account.
-> You whinged/complained every single day you were there.
-> We all tried to help you with sitting.
-> We all tried to help you with support - despite you never being clear on where you wanted it. I personally had sent 400 D nukes from sit accounts....I know many others had sent loads....I was sitting traviscoob when it was sent. You kept complaining no one was supporting you. The account had over 600 D nukes minimum....that delusion your famous for was in play again.
-> Those who sat the account before you, managed to defend it better and hold up the enemy.
-> You repeatedly goaded the enemy by renaming your villages insulting names, despite being told to stop doing it.
-> You whinged/complained every single day you were there. ( I know I said this already, but I had to listen to you each day, so you can read me twice - it's barely a scratch on what you put us through. )
-> You called the tribe in general names repeatedly....no one was safe from your hysterical language and insults.
-> Your final cracking point, when you really completely lost your mental sanity, you cursed everyone on the world, said you were deleting, and insulted some more.
-> We got the original travis back to take the account off you....you'd only been on the account for a few weeks and managed to make a huge mess, alienate yourself, and had the account on verge of deletion. What a joke of a team player.

-> You moved back to your old account, capitalcity, despite many wanting to punish you for what you had done to them.
-> Reasoning came through, with both dukes declaring not to attack you.
-> You repeatedly went inactive, begging for WG to noble you, to reach our "safe" areas.
-> We mailed you a few times to try and get you back into the game. Max even was confident he had gotten you back in to UK2, and would be a valuable asset. You went yellow a few days after that, for the 100th time. You refused to set a sitter each time. I pleaded with you personally, so we could keep your account active.
-> One day we get a mail from you saying an op was hitting you in 9 hrs. Eventually we coaxed the noble train times/targets out of you after a few mails. We as a tribe got all your trains sorted - I had sniped them all in about an hour, despite it being like pulling teeth to get info off you.
-> You showed no interest at all in defending that day, repeatedly saying how bored you were with UK2. Bored? A world war on, with each tribe heavily involved in action. Bored when you have an enemy op hitting you? Pfft...not bored kenny, just a lazy selfish soloplayer I'm afraid.
-> I begged you to sort recaps, snipes, anything really.....Your answer was a "Meh!" reply. Pathetic attitude.
-> So thinking we had all your nobles killed, we were shocked to see the landtime passing and you'd lost a vast amount of villages. You hadn't even bothered to ask for help for the remaining villages...Reports that were being sent, showed very little attempts at defence...in fact it had been proven that you had dodged out troops and the villages had been nobled. Considering this all happened in space of 9 hrs, obviously everyone suspected you as spying....and I mean everyone. You think we're harsh for thinking that....yea 45 of us are wrong, and one of you are right.
-> Again we stopped the attacks being launched on you, although a few were harder than others to reign in.
-> Again you were a useless tribemate to have, done virtually nothing for any of the tribe, repeatedly going yellow/red again, several times.
-> After many mails being ignored ( i personally sent 3 in space of 10 days that were ignored), we lost interest in carrying you, and took you out. Needless to say there wasn't much outside support lost, despite your account being incredibly safe).

I've played this game for about 4 years now, and I really can honestly say, your one of the fruitiest ones I've ever met. I mean Ken, like you have some serious problems bud. Poor Danny who held you in high regards till the very end, is who I really feel sorry for. He's the one you betrayed the most....that guy considered you a good mate, and defended you more than anyone, only to be shafted by you repeatedly. Disgusting.

Would be interested to see how GF would take care of this problem of a player. I've seen their iron fist on such instances occuring, and always respected them for it, wishing we could be more like it. As a tribe, TV was far too soft on its players. It was more a bunch of friends than a tribe. Sometimes that was brilliant, but when instances like above happened, it had it's drawbacks.

DeletedUser

Again your living in your own little world mate. Let me go through it all again with you shall I?

-> You moved to traviscoob account.
-> You whinged/complained every single day you were there.
-> We all tried to help you with sitting.
-> We all tried to help you with support - despite you never being clear on where you wanted it. I personally had sent 400 D nukes from sit accounts....I know many others had sent loads....I was sitting traviscoob when it was sent. You kept complaining no one was supporting you. The account had over 600 D nukes minimum....that delusion your famous for was in play again.
-> Those who sat the account before you, managed to defend it better and hold up the enemy.
-> You repeatedly goaded the enemy by renaming your villages insulting names, despite being told to stop doing it.
-> You whinged/complained every single day you were there. ( I know I said this already, but I had to listen to you each day, so you can read me twice - it's barely a scratch on what you put us through. )
-> You called the tribe in general names repeatedly....no one was safe from your hysterical language and insults.
-> Your final cracking point, when you really completely lost your mental sanity, you cursed everyone on the world, said you were deleting, and insulted some more.
-> We got the original travis back to take the account off you....you'd only been on the account for a few weeks and managed to make a huge mess, alienate yourself, and had the account on verge of deletion. What a joke of a team player.

-> You moved back to your old account, capitalcity, despite many wanting to punish you for what you had done to them.
-> Reasoning came through, with both dukes declaring not to attack you.
-> You repeatedly went inactive, begging for WG to noble you, to reach our "safe" areas.
-> We mailed you a few times to try and get you back into the game. Max even was confident he had gotten you back in to UK2, and would be a valuable asset. You went yellow a few days after that, for the 100th time. You refused to set a sitter each time. I pleaded with you personally, so we could keep your account active.
-> One day we get a mail from you saying an op was hitting you in 9 hrs. Eventually we coaxed the noble train times/targets out of you after a few mails. We as a tribe got all your trains sorted - I had sniped them all in about an hour, despite it being like pulling teeth to get info off you.
-> You showed no interest at all in defending that day, repeatedly saying how bored you were with UK2. Bored? A world war on, with each tribe heavily involved in action. Bored when you have an enemy op hitting you? Pfft...not bored kenny, just a lazy selfish soloplayer I'm afraid.
-> I begged you to sort recaps, snipes, anything really.....Your answer was a "Meh!" reply. Pathetic attitude.
-> So thinking we had all your nobles killed, we were shocked to see the landtime passing and you'd lost a vast amount of villages. You hadn't even bothered to ask for help for the remaining villages...Reports that were being sent, showed very little attempts at defence...in fact it had been proven that you had dodged out troops and the villages had been nobled. Considering this all happened in space of 9 hrs, obviously everyone suspected you as spying....and I mean everyone. You think we're harsh for thinking that....yea 45 of us are wrong, and one of you are right.
-> Again we stopped the attacks being launched on you, although a few were harder than others to reign in.
-> Again you were a useless tribemate to have, done virtually nothing for any of the tribe, repeatedly going yellow/red again, several times.
-> After many mails being ignored ( i personally sent 3 in space of 10 days that were ignored), we lost interest in carrying you, and took you out. Needless to say there wasn't much outside support lost, despite your account being incredibly safe).

I've played this game for about 4 years now, and I really can honestly say, your one of the fruitiest ones I've ever met. I mean Ken, like you have some serious problems bud. Poor Danny who held you in high regards till the very end, is who I really feel sorry for. He's the one you betrayed the most....that guy considered you a good mate, and defended you more than anyone, only to be shafted by you repeatedly. Disgusting.

Would be interested to see how GF would take care of this problem of a player. I've seen their iron fist on such instances occuring, and always respected them for it, wishing we could be more like it. As a tribe, TV was far too soft on its players. It was more a bunch of friends than a tribe. Sometimes that was brilliant, but when instances like above happened, it had it's drawbacks.

Pure waffle.

Thank you for the essay.

Keep trying to justify the very poor 'leadership' shown.