The evolution of UK27

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
As it is always nice to see how a world grew and changed, I've been saving Alex02dsa's self-updating maps and made a GIF out of them for the 4 most prominent map types. Credit for all the individual maps goes to Alex.

Enjoy the growth of this world.

toptribes.gif

topplayers.gif

topktribes.gif

topkplayers.gif

These maps will be updated every so often when I collected enough extra images to make a clear difference.

I will not be using maps other than what Alex offers.

Images not showing? Check this thread first or let us know.

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
Just saw a few errors when looking at them, one is my idiocy and three errors were probably updating errors

- On the top player map, the 17th of June is actually the ODA map.
- The 7th of June features twice in a row on the maps.
- Same for the 9th of June.
- The 11th of June features 4 times in a row on each map.

The first error is obviously mine. The others all have their correct datestamp on my pc so I think there were either some server problems or I had a slight issue with my timezone being one hour off compared to UK UTC. Will be fixed when I upload the next versions, which will probably be in two months or something like that.

DeletedUser11544

Very nice to watch, would be brilliant if it was slowed down a bit!

DeletedUser13811

They're brilliant! I agree a bit slower would help us focus on the areas of change. I love this idea though...can we have it on all worlds?! :p

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
They're brilliant! I agree a bit slower would help us focus on the areas of change. I love this idea though...can we have it on all worlds?! :p

It's a quite a bit of work though, I have to manually save the images every day and put them in corresponding folders. Doing it once for one world is pretty okay, but for a couple, it becomes a bit of a hassle. Besides, for 28 there's no auto-updating yet :(

DeletedUser13811

I mailed Alex to ask for one, so when he's on next I'm sure he'll oblige.

Surely there's some tech savvy individual out there who can find us a simpler way to do this.

Drift Banksy

Reaction score
Would really appreciate it, if it continued as things have gotten interesting. Would be nice to see :)

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
Ah, I did get in contact with alex but already wrote a small program that pulls all the images on a daily basis for the maps. Just have to make new gifs once in a while.

DeletedUser14161

It's still nice, but the colors need to follow a certain tribe or player through the time. It's kinda messy when the colors are jumping back and forth :p

Foxtrot

Reaction score
Brilliant job Marcus, love seeing how worlds progress, hopefully I can get my name popping up on one of them soon :p

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
The gifs have been updated. The publicly broadcasted ones are now only 5 frames per second, the first and last frames show for a longer amount of time.

Want to see a slower or faster version, go here and find the one you are looking for.
The slow one has 2 frames per second.
The fast version has 10 frames per second.