The Only W13 Paper - The Moon

DeletedUser11204

ScreenHunter_24%2BSep.%2B13%2B09.48.jpg

DeletedUser4753

Churches maybe a daunting idea for new guys but they are pretty simple, they slow down a world which is why some ppl don't like, but the added tactics that come into play appeal to others I believe it was "one truth" who said in a different thread that he would not play a world with no church.
Considering the 1.6 world speed i think this balances the slowing the churches create.
one can noble a barb for a perfect Level 3 church position. But this is far from the general accepted strategy.
Also It's not necessary to remain in your first church. Some. People at the start noble the best available village regardless of position and merely move their first church around to block attacks. Ive seen this done with up to 10 Villies successfully. this avoids using the hefty population cost a church has. Also some people may noble 3 decent Villiers in a short space of time and move their first church permanently to cover the lot as apposed to Sticking to original position.

there is are various strategies involving church when attacking so I think for the added dynamic its well worth the time to read up on it and tinker with new tactics, especially on a farm rule world where holding your level 3. Church is much harder, and re capping the village is no good due to the fact when it's nobled the Church is demolished even if you noble back. Meaning some intresting ploys are exclusively available for world 13

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11285

I prefer to play without them but after playing world 44 .net you get used to them it just takes time for new players to get used to them and best way to lay them out

DeletedUser11204

Never thought of it like that d1mension!! Certainly some interesting ideas :D

DeletedUser9516

my villages are atheists they burnt down the first church and refused to build more no wonder they keep losing ;)

DeletedUser

Churches are great for strategy and I have very mixed opinions of them. I think if they could change the rules so attacking strength is 100% at outside church until, say a month after the world opened they would be a lot better as they annoy me in the start up since generally I never have any good targets in my radius :icon_cry:

DeletedUser11204

Dont know if that would be as succesful tho? Surely things like farming would be massively affected?

DeletedUser10970

Churches are great for strategy and I have very mixed opinions of them. I think if they could change the rules so attacking strength is 100% at outside church until, say a month after the world opened they would be a lot better as they annoy me in the start up since generally I never have any good targets in my radius :icon_cry:
I thought that the religion of your attackers was 100% if their village of origin was covered by a church. Hence you can attack outside your church radius without them becoming weak little babies who cannot lift their axes.
Maybe I just misread you comment..................

DeletedUser

Dont know if that would be as succesful tho? Surely things like farming would be massively affected?

How so?

I thought that the religion of your attackers was 100% if their village of origin was covered by a church. Hence you can attack outside your church radius without them becoming weak little babies who cannot lift their axes.
Maybe I just misread you comment..................

Yeah it is if the church radius covers the village, but if you don't have a church that goes over a village it's down to 50% I think?

DeletedUser11204

If your attacking forces lose half their ability, you are more likely to take more losses when farming at 50% instead of 100%?

DeletedUser

Don't think it applies to barbs? But anyway it wouldn't change much anyways I do not think.

DeletedUser4753

You should try the bouncing your 1st church around vills tactic, :p risky but solves ya problem

DeletedUser

That doesn't solve my problem of not having any targets in my church radius in start up? :icon_confused:

DeletedUser4753

Doesnt matter where they are shifty. you noble any decent target you want wherever they are.

DeletedUser

What do you mean?
I'm not saying this is bad, let me clarify:
Generally I never have any good targets in my church radius meaning I have go to outside
Because I have to go outside I get 50% it is pretty bad and because of that I would love churches if they didn't have the negative attacking bonuses outside the radius for say, the first month of a world.

That make sense?

DeletedUser4753

If the village of origin ie a village you launch an attack from is religious at the time of impact it fights at 100%

so i can launch a nuke from my main, across the world to an entirely different k, and it fights at 100%, always.

so what some peeps do is they would have say 3 villages, but a church can only cover one at a time, they could fire a nuke from vill one, and have the first church in vill 1.

then say if someone attacked vill 3, they would demo and rebuild firs church in vill 3, this works until ppl start putting serious coordinated opps against you, in which case you need all under influence all the time, but for start up, you can get away with this.

Hope ya followed i sure didnt :p

DeletedUser

Oh yes I know that :p but I'm talking when you have only 1 village and are looking for your first noble - gotta fight at 50% unless they are in your radius :icon_wink:

DeletedUser4753

No mate the village does not have to be in your radias, as long as the attacking village is.

ie if your talking about your 1st vill say you build your noble, you can noble any player on the map anywhere at 100% fighting power.