Thread Suggestions

DeletedUser

Need Moar forum activity!

I'd like to hear suggestions from the w8 community, if there are any running threads youd like to see.

Forums are dead at the minute need things to liven them up, already alot of 'rate this n that' threads so none of them >.>

Was thinking of doing a 'W8 Weekly News' thread. Would try and make it unbias and funny, something decent for people to read.

What you think?

DeletedUser7369

Yeah but we could do with a world news thread. Who's hot, who's not and quotes from unnamed sources or named if people prefer....

DeletedUser

Yeah but we could do with a world news thread. Who's hot, who's not and quotes from unnamed sources or named if people prefer....

Agreed this would be cool, i see that people on other worlds do a weekly news letter of whats going on, this is more commonly seen on .Net, informing external readers of which tribes have conflict with who, ect.

DeletedUser6726

I would like to see a noble train competition...

Fastest train each week wins some kind of prize...

Rules:(ones i can think of right now)

1: Must be a real train
2: Must be at a live target
3: Screen-shot must be provided to prove

DeletedUser

I would like to see a noble train competition...

Fastest train each week wins some kind of prize...

Rules:(ones i can think of right now)

1: Must be a real train
2: Must be at a live target
3: Screen-shot must be provided to prove

Good idea, but...
Offering premium for any ingame service is against the rules, this includes running competitions within your tribe for taking part in operations/nobling villages etc.

Is an excerpt from the in-game rules, just something to take into consideration on that idea.

DeletedUser6726

Good idea, but...
Offering premium for any ingame service is against the rules, this includes running competitions within your tribe for taking part in operations/nobling villages etc.

Is an excerpt from the in-game rules, just something to take into consideration on that idea.

Would ressies be a suitable prize??

If so extra could be given for taking the vil... and also if someone manages to snipe a train in the top 10.

DeletedUser

I'd like to see a weekly news letter, would be helpfull to see what's going on in the world.

DeletedUser7369

Ok I can do a newsletter if people mail me news from their tribes with contact details for follow up questions and abuse. It will be on an as and wen I can basis though. Of particular interest will be funny mistakes and their outcomes.

DeletedUser

Ok I can do a newsletter if people mail me news from their tribes with contact details for follow up questions and abuse. It will be on an as and wen I can basis though. Of particular interest will be funny mistakes and their outcomes.

Yeah Yeah thts right steal ma idea :p

DeletedUser7369

Sorry. Wasnt aware you wanted to. Fire away meechan. I'm a slacker - just ask my poor co's

DeletedUser

Thought this was better suited to this thread...didnt wanna carry on the off-topic :p
On the subject of the 'rate' threads

Hmm you notice how infrequently threads have posts anyway right? Can we allow some offtopic in order to stimulate enough use to actually warrant a mod?
I don't believe theres enough people on uk8 that regularly post to keep such threads like this alive anyway, for the fact they either don't want to draw attention to themselves/tribe and or just do not like the aim of the thread.....since most threads these days have gone for the 'rate this n that' application.

Which I can very much see there point on, and if PnP doesn't get posted regularly( the world is still early so plenty time for it), then scrolling through all these rate threads gets really boring.

If you notice some of the other 'popular' threads like the co-player one for example alot of people posting in it do ot actualy play w8 but just intrested in the subject, not that it is a bad thing that it happens but it backs up my claim of not enough uk8 posters.

DeletedUser

I don't tend to take part in the rate this and rate that threads as half the time I have no idea who the person is that I'm meant to be rating and I doubt anyone rating me will have the faintest idea of who I am.

DeletedUser

Yeah I'm not a fan of all the rate this and that forums.
A forum where anyone could post without worry of getting flamed would be good :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser7369

Yeah I'm not a fan of all the rate this and that forums.
A forum where anyone could post without worry of getting flamed would be good :icon_biggrin:

AW bless. thats not this one sunshine. think the carebears have a lil members board on their website. probably got some hugging games you could play too.

only messing mate. couldnt resist.