"Time Based Morale"

DeletedUser

Can someone please explain how this works?
Because how it sounds, makes it out as if the morale would be based on when players joined (time).. But if that was the case, I wouldn't have 50% morale on anyone closer to the core than myself..

DeletedUser13762

Can someone please explain how this works?
Because how it sounds, makes it out as if the morale would be based on when players joined (time).. But if that was the case, I wouldn't have 50% morale on anyone closer to the core than myself..

i tried to argue the same thing to the support team

they told me to rest assured the morale is time based

so im starting to wonder if the support team actually know the difference in the two morales

DeletedUser

I don't know, it could be correct on this world but the problem is I do not know what "Time Based Morale" is exactly - so I need it defined. It probably means something different than what is suggested by its name.

DeletedUser13762

no im pretty sure that time based world is based on how long you have been on the world and not how much points you are compared to anyone else

DeletedUser

no im pretty sure that time based world is based on how long you have been on the world and not how much points you are compared to anyone else

I think it can be both. Because I saw this being discussed on .net sometime last year and a few people said depending on world settings, time based can mean how long you've been on a world and sometimes (but rarely in the case of .net) it could be to do with points.

DeletedUser

It will be an equation where points and time are factors in it however time will be a much less significant part of it compared to the points factor. They should make it purely time based however it isnt.

Edit

'The minimum morale is 25%, there will be no penalty until the attacker exceeds 3 times the points of the defender, and every 5 days that the defender has been playing will increase the attacker's morale by 1%, up to 50%'

Here is the equation and thread:

https://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?7211-Calculation-Morale

morale = 3 * defenderPoints / attackerPoints + 0.25;
if(morale < 0.5){
morale += daysPlayed / 500;
if(morale > 0.5)
morale = 0.5;

step 1) morale = 3*[defender points]/[attacker points] + 0.25
step 2) if the morale is less than 50%, then proceed to step 3. If the morale is greater than or equal to 50%, then skip ahead to step 5.
step 3) add [days played]/500 to the morale from step 1
step 4) if the morale from step 3 is greater than 50%, change it to 50%.
step 5) you now have the final morale.

So basically time-based morale is only really good for mopping up noobs who have been sitting around for a while; early game it doesn't help you as enough time hasn't elapsed...

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
so im starting to wonder if the support team actually know the difference in the two morales

I'm not.

I am however sure you don't know the difference. There has never been a purely-time-based morale system. There's morale, morale slightly affected by time, and no morale.