Time to get off the fence...

DeletedUser920

DECLARATION

We declare, we declare.

We can't sit on the fence any more, the world is passing us by.
people-sitting-on-the-fence-EY71J0.jpg

The world has been boring and it is time to liven it up. This isn't the TW we remember.
office-warriors-vector-illustration-bored-male-female-workers-imagining-themselves-as-strong-38747135.jpg

It's time to stop sharpening our axes and start brandishing them in earnest
set-of-office-warriors-vector-id502187936

We've struggled to choose sides, because everyone is lovely and cuddly, but now we'll have to fight you anyway.
cuddly_warriors_by_ceruln-d6qaqvt.jpg

It's time to put an end to the nightmares so we can get to sleep. No - hang on, we want to wake this world up. Damn it. We flipped a coin because we couldn't decide and we're declaring on EXN. We nearly went the other way, but just had to choose.

We promised we would let both sides know at the same time and would not plan a secret op to launch, so we won't act on this until we get our act in gear, but we've chosen a side, so now we can get on with it.

Freedom !

DeletedUser14680

Damn, looks like HQ needs some cannon fodder... you've pick the wrong side pal :D

DeletedUser920

I want to thank Anzel for making the effort to do some in-game PnP. There isn't enough of this in the game any more. In this case it doesn't help because we had full discussions in tribe about offers being made and didn't really care which tribe had split off their alliance - they'd both been ruining the game.
Anzel today at 20:52
Good evening all

This is being sent to all members of NoBall and AT3WIL

Introduction

First of all, welcome to the fun - it's what this game is about. It's nice to see that people are finally stopping playing farm simulator on the rim (potentially due to there being no more farms left because HQ have eaten them all - strategic masterminds!).

I appreciate that there are new names in one of the councils so we wouldn't have been in touch with you but thought I'd update you on how this war came about which may differ from the HQ perspective.

I came from .net originally which, due to the demographic, comprises of much larger maps and bigger tribes. As such, I was surprised when I came to .co.uk on w34 to see such small maps, small tribes and what I would later find out being the same tactic played over and over in every world. I asked some of the more longer serving people who confirmed that 99% of the time, there is a PP abusing tribe that hugs right at the start, builds OFF, intimidates people with their PP bought size and controls their continent from the first month onward.

This tribe would usually then go on to win.

In w35, this tribe was HQ and they immediately sought after an NAP with EXN - their only threat - so they could tribe hug the big tribes, deal with the little tribes and then fight it out at the end.

The Coalition

In w34, a chap called MooseMann tried to ally all of the smaller tribes to stand up to OLD and BM but failed because they were all too busy fighting each other and being scared of the big guys. This needed to happen in w35 to see if we could do it.

A coalition was formed.

TBB E and W were to be merged into -13- and EXN were on board to break their NAP with HQ - I won't bore you with the details of this but it was a pre-emptive measure from EXN to strike before struck.

NUKE were on board, NEWR were on board (but had a spy who was deep under the control of HQ and would later join them to merge with one of their players) and the remaining 3 tribes we were seeking out for were ~ONE~, NoBall and another one which I won't mention.

The latter were afraid of HQ and NoBall were, what can only be described as, under the complete control of HQ; the then Duke even confirming that their aim was to become allies with and bash for HQ with no other attempt at changing things up. The talks went on for a few weeks but confirmation would later be given that 2 of their council members were in the pockets of HQ members so we had to break off discussions. The relationship between NoBall and HQ at this point was one of the most sycophantic I have experienced in TW. I note there's a new Duke since then. Albiet one "under the protection of Don Chase.

~ONE~ followed a similar pattern with having their "mates" in HQ and not realising that this is a game and not a real life war. Fighting against your mates is fun. Especially if you beat them. It's like refusing to be on the opposite side in football.

AT3WIL eventually caved and went down the path of believed self preservation. In reality, a 'prolonging of the inevitable' is more accurate assessment.

And so the two tribes became annexed by HQ.

The Threats

When the NAP was broken between EXN and HQ, Exsedor (who was in EXN but also "mates" with someone in HQ and hence had to leave) went into uproar. He sent messages over Skype to EXN saying:

"-13- are about to be op'd and there will be nothing left of them after the first attack. We will then come for you (EXN)"

.... The attack stated above actually took place 25 days ago. There have been more since. He's a decent player, one we could've done with keeping, so it's a shame he too is being used since they have confirmed they don't count his village losses in the war stats because he wasn't originally part of HQ. He is cannon fodder for them. A buffer zone if you will. The annexed tribes will likely experience the same.

And Now

You may have seen from the stats that the war has been somewhat equal (which is always a good thing I say) with the coalition having the edge, in particular with the attrition of troops; forcing HQ to noble as many barbs as possible to be able to rely on snipes.

It seems somewhat ironic that two rim tribes would join the bully core tribe, against the defensive coalition of rim tribes, to try and gift them the victory. Tactical decision making or obedient magnificence?

I thought I'd send this historical update as, from an outside perspective, it may appear that is it the rim tribe coalition that are the aggressors. This of course isn't the case.

Anyway, welcome to the fun. Hopefully you are an enemy that enjoys the play and doesn't take the game too seriously or more importantly, too personal. The thing I like about HQ is, some of them can have a laugh. Some.

Regards

Anzel
Duke of the -13- family
Also renowned/infamous/hated for my long updates

It doesn't matter that the stats were putting HQ as behind. We wanted to play the game as it was meant to be played. There's no point trying to talk us out of it. We've made our beds and we'll lie in them. Now let's get on with the game. No flaming or abuse from anyone please.

DeletedUser4753

i wanna flame n abuse now :(

nice post, historical reflections are mighty useful for keeping track of worlds not currently playing