Time travel

DeletedUser

We had a interesting topic earlier today in our UK10 Skype room which was about "time travel" which turned into theories about the Universe and how it works.

Example: Parallel Universes & Would traveling back in time and attempting to change the past would it effect your time line or effect a timeline within another Universe.

So I'm interested in your views on such theories. Discuss. :)

DeletedUser3371

.... so prove him wrong. :icon_rolleyes:

Simples. :icon_razz:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

[la]People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually—from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint—it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff.

Seeing as we know almost nothing about the nature of almost everything, I'm going to have to say there are three possibilities.

1. Time travel won't have happened until it happens, at which point it will have always been.
2. When time travel happens, our timeline/universe will be left just as it was but another similar one will come into existence due to the act of time travelling. This theory suggests, to me, that any time you travel into the past, you leave your timeline/dimension and cannot go back to it: each backward trip creates a new timeline. Each forward trip however remains on the same timeline. You can never visit another timeline, merely travel forward among your own or create a new one (by going backwards)
3. Time travel won't happen, simple as that.[/la]

DeletedUser3312

Want to time travel?

Go to Australia for your hols :icon_cool: