Top 10 Player Interviews!

• Thread starter DeletedUser11183
  • Start date

DeletedUser11183

Introducing you to the Top 10 UK13 Players (As of 21:15 on the 01/08/2012)

Kept them brief as the servers new, and things will change

Rep Appreciated as always! :)

I am your host, and owner of Ad Infernum.

1 Ad Infernum (My Co)
Firstly, tell me a bit about yourself outside the game of tribal wars, whose behind that computer screen?
So, Im Alvin Ian Chan, 17 Yo From the philippines. a junior taking BS Applied Mathematics, major in mathematical finance in Ateneo de Manila University. Basically, im an introvert which doesnt want to go outdoors other than being a college student and a TW player, i was or still am a sudoku enthusiast, competing in a tournament at least once a year and i can solve the 3x3x3 rubiks cube in more or less 30 secs

How would you sum yourself up in three words?
I am Neo

Explain (Briefly) your tribal wars experience?
Ok, I started playing tribalwars on and off with High school friends 5-6 years ago. Where i learned the basic stuff like backtiming, sniping and trains. Only early this year where i decided to play the game competetively

What tribe are you in and how are you finding it there?
Well, basically SHAC has been doing great so far and i dont see a reason for it to break anytime soon. The leadership has been doing a great job defending the rights of its members as shown in how it deals the WC:) issue. Its also a top 1 tribe for a long time now :D

Finally, is there anything else you would like to add?
Not really..

2 Assassin222
Firstly, tell me a bit about yourself outside the game of tribal wars, whose behind that computer screen?
Nothing really to tell, Just another parent trying to numb the boredom of every day life.

Needs a life

My first world was uk2 learned a lot quite fast, Came back to play uk11 with a mate, which is going better then i expected. Now playing uk13 for a bit of fun.

I'm in WG and all is going well so far.

Yes......POTATO !!!

3 Bazza The Brave
Father of two. Youngest a week old today!!! Enjoy sport and have taken up rowing after rugby started to take it's toll. Work too much, but got to try and keep the cash coming in.

Loyal, friendly, indecisive

Been playing since World 1 (Aug 2009) Had 5 million points+ before I handed the account to a tribesman. Played mosts worlds at some time or another. Gave up at the beginning of the year, but back for more.

In SHAC. Very experienced bunch and ready to rule!

Be afraid, very afraid! SHAC are here and ready to rumble!

4 Pacmon
im a 37 year old farther of six work in leicester as a carpet fitter started playing tribal back in 19 (net world) due to fact i was in need of something to do while i played online poker and my eldest lad pointed me this way

Work very hard

Started in 19 with my first account Lair Of The Grinch (called that due to fact i thought i was nameing the villa lol) managed to blag my way into the tribe BRAINS which in fact it was that tribe that got me hooked had to leave tribal due to working long hours away from home kept popping back now and again in differnt worlds but got talked into playing again full time in this world by my nephew alan (fruit twist)

Ive been fortunate to become a member of WiseGuys they seem a good bunch but still getting to know them all the duke gooders17 who i have only just met has impressed me alot good to have a Duke that listens to his tribeys and wants to make a go of things

Just that ill be around in this world for a very long time even if it means restarting im impressed with the settings love the flags and the best thing of all is having the chance of sleeping with the night bonus combined with the knowledge of having fruit twist a couple of clicks away to phone me if one of his trips goes off all is good

5 Andyh370
Firstly I am a little over 21, work shifts and am in medicine. Beauty of working shifts I can be on here at whatever time. Am a family man and time can be taken up spending it with them. Love all sports and still play a little. Loving the Olympics. Enjoy travelling.

Seeking to learn

First played on W18 on .net server about 5 years ago and learnt a lot, including the bad side if it, backstabbing etc... Played a few other worlds and then started on the UK server which meant I could sleep! Was with a successful tribe on W1 and enjoyed the friendship of a good tribe. Played all roles from Duke to foot soldier. Rather not be a duke again but would if I had too. I enjoy being on the council and helping those that want to learn how to play. I don't regard myself as a master, far from it. I have a decent idea of how to play and always willing to pick up tips from other players. Think this is basically a summary

I am in *PAG* which is allied with LRAG which is ironic as that was a rival tribe in W1. However this shows I know this is a game. I play to enjoy and I like to W1N. I am fond of my tribe, great spread and good activity in the forums! I like loyalty and find it amusing that I get invites for having some points!

My motto really for TW and perhaps I should put it on my profile. This is a game and only a game! Play your best and enjoy.

6 Four Seasons
Well im 25 years old, Girlfriend, two kids (another on the way) very much involved in family life. Run my own business from home so have time to chuck away at Tribalwars. Enjoy Mountain Biking and football. Very much laid back kind of guy

Friendly, Determined, Happy

Started off over 5 years ago on world 22.net, Was my first world which ended up wining with XXXX. Played a lot of Speed over the years mainly on .net. Then went back to normal worlds starting on 55 with Please? and Fray then Joined up with PITA on 59 under sheep in nubs clothing.Made my face on the Uk scene through graphics mainly. Main world was he first Classic, Joined 12, Ranked high, got bored, And now im stuck here.

Im the Duke of SHAC, and finding it a very pleasant place to be. Members are friendly, helpful and active. General atmosphere is great. Banter is good, No complaints really.

Not really

7 Grizzly nr.1
My name is Christoffer, I'm 19 years old, and I'm working for a company called telenor. (Phone company in Norway). I like being with friends and family and I'm also active in sport.

Caring, smiling and a bit shy

I first start in 2010 on a .no server which is a norwegian server. There I gain lots of experience, because I met a really good player who teach me everything I need to know. I became member of the best ally, and I grow a lot. In my first world I was nr.12 in the ranking, but I'd to quit because of real life stuff. After that I've played many worlds, both .no, .dk, and .com servers, and this is the first time I'm playing here on co.uk. More about my experience will remain unknow.

I'm in SHAC, which is a very good tribe and I'm finding my self quit comfortable there. Good team who's helping each other!

Great Britain won 2 Golds today! It Excites me :)Have you got your Wiggo side burns?

8 Misschiff
61 year old man a old codger. just working part time now. play in 4 worlds so play 24/7

Old, stiffy, fat

Been playing 8 years or more, play now in 62,63 and 64

SHAC fine tribe

Not really..

9 Captain-lightspeed
My name is Mike. I work in the Computer Games Industry. First started playing TW as a learning project to see how the free to play mechanic worked - then became hooked. I went cold-turkey for a year or so after UK W3, but came back recently to see what I've been missing.

Loyal, dedicated, dangerous...
"only in this game, obviously" :)

I like the team aspect of the game. Being in an active tribe is important for me to get enjoyment out of this game. I don't visit the external forums too often, but maybe I'll change that. The game really comes into it's own once we can get a good war going between two equally matched tribes - I love a good war!

I'm in WiseGuys WG and I have to say they seem to be well organised and friendly. There's only one familiar face from previous Worlds, but I'm enjoying the banter on the forums and the tribe looks like it'll do well.

10 Fruit Twist
im obsessed with tribal wars :D tribal wars is my life

never 2 easy

an exeptional few years off my life :)

Wise guys :) all good so far.

Yes :) GAME ON!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4753

Very nice thread, its good to go beyond tw sometimes as I think its easy to forget their are real people behind accounts, not just bots that can mail

DeletedUser11247

Very nice read in my opinion :) Never really saw this when i was playing TW quite a few years ago =] (must admit these forums are one of the best I have seen)

DeletedUser11200

A good read, especially for those of us not heavily involved in the UK server

DeletedUser4753

Who are half those people? :icon_confused:

In some ways Im not a fan of allias's, i understand why they are done, but i do think tw would benefit from having less of them.

If we are thinking about keeping in touch with newer player on tribalwars perhaps a big reduction in allia's would keep things for interesting.

Certain players have certain traits, ie you could look at some fella, and say "he's proly gonna noble first" or this "fella will noble late but jump to 3 vills first, or this fella will have ridiculous od for his size.

Me for example took a year break and came back, i took a look at the top 20, n knew one guy from name, yet ive more than likely played with more of them in the past, or at least know a little background to what sort of player they are. Due to allias its just a bunch of names to people who arnt in higher circles, so for newbs especially it definitely keeps them out of touch with tw community.

If a new guy could look at the top 10 on a world, and know a few things, he can better develop opinions for threads like these, or ratings threads, or they would function in a tribe, they can know who's a aggressive no diplo leader, or who is likely to disappear after 6 months, again spurting opinions and conversation to perhaps further increase new player interest and involvement.

Maybe im just clutching at straws, but anything that would make newer players more involved(ie keep up interest) and as a result stop player counts tumbling can't be bad.

Or perhaps im missing something?

DeletedUser

I agree CF, the standards are shit. However nearly all the top 50 pay loads for PP (I've seen it, I know a few who have spent over £100 in the first two weeks alone) but soon you will see the talent rise because they can't pay for nobles :lol:

DeletedUser4753

Standards do rise with player pools, whats the incentive to play with less competition.

n i still don't like allias's, whatever point you was making ;D