Top 10 Player Interviews!

• Thread starter DeletedUser11183
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Top 5 on UK = top 100 on .net. Well, even that's only if they can get a night co.

Edit: Probably not even that, in hindsight. I'll just start the bracket at rank 500.

DeletedUser11183

I think the things you guys are missing is that all the decent players have started late. Also, in startup; get a decent noble or a few internals as most of the top 10 had, and you gunna be flying, until the decent players catch you.

DeletedUser

Top 5 on UK = top 100 on .net. Well, even that's only if they can get a night co.

Edit: Probably not even that, in hindsight. I'll just start the bracket at rank 500.

I'm currently only just top 20 on UK (although this is because of prem features, I will be much higher soon once they make little difference since I do not use them - especially when one day farming for me is more than most have farmed so far in this world) and yet I am always top 5, if not rank 1, (currently rank 5 on W64 but will be first to Acad hence why we dropped a few ranks because of smithy upgrades) on .net.

Last edited by a moderator:

Triarii2D

Reaction score
I'm currently only just top 20 on UK (although this is because of prem features, I will be much higher soon once they make little difference since I do not use them

Do we have any proof of how many people in the top 20 actually used prem features?

I for one have only used it the quick build once, as I was going out, and a sitter used quick build thingy 3 times as he had to go out and we needed a farm upgrade quickly.

Other than that we use only premmy and FA for the first month before bookmarks.

We have never used the bonus resources or paid for flags or any of those benefits, yet we are top 20. However around 50% of players we have sat have been using bonus res while we were playing them. It is a worry, hopefully the top players will show through within the next month.

DeletedUser

I also think there is a huge element here of forgetting this is a game guys.

We won world 9 which was not the most competitive, but what it did bring was some new players into the fold who are now half decent. I really enjoyed TW back in the days of 10 - 20 .net and when I joined UK I felt dissapointed that it was home turf. A lack of loyalty, too much BS and it always seemed to be the same names at the top.

World 9 showed me that it is just about settling with the right tribe and having a laugh. The winning does not really matter and all those here who are slating UK because "the quality is not here" should try without a co, or go to .net. It would also be nice to see some of the better players willing to give more time to the newer ones rather than calling them all noobs and dismissing them.

Just my thoughts

DeletedUser4753

I think I get as much fulfillment teaching new players techniques than actual executing them myself, don't get me wrong i love skirmishing, but stuff like farming can be monotonous yet teaching a player to farm correctly and watch them flourish is much more rewarding than chasing farmer of the day award lol. Not hating on those that do, just personal preference.

people are like"In general there are lower quality players on uk"
Im like, "what can i do to make players higher quality on uk"

Triarii2D

Reaction score
people are like"In general there are lower quality players on uk"
Im like, "what can i do to make players higher quality on uk"

The right attitude to have, more players thought that then .uk would be as competitive as .net.

DeletedUser6695

Not ever. People have made teaching tribes and stuff but standards have went down

DeletedUser4753

1 tribe even per 5 worlds isn't enough, imo every tribe on every world shouldn't be how many elites can you find, if every tribe had 75% good players, and 25% active newb's you would see a difference, and i don't think there would be a huge change in said tribes success.
I try to do my bit as in rarely join "leet" premades, and do as much teaching as people who want to learn, I try to boycot undue flaming of new guys and try to keep forums as active as my imagination allows.

Maybe these are all bad idea's and non of them work, but id sooner do whatever I can than just moan and whenever anybody puts in a bit of effort or tries to do something about it just tear it down and say it wont work.

As you said a bit earlier, "I don't play this world and probably wont be playing another uk world"
Unlike you I intend to, so forgive me for giving a dam

DeletedUser2918

I try to do my bit as in rarely join "leet" premades, and do as much teaching as people who want to learn,

this is it for me and i do the same.

got no problem with people wanting to play with their friends an all. But guess what - when you're advertising a premade on the forums then thats not what you're doing. If they truly are your TW 'friends' then you should know how to get in contact with them already.

also guess what - a 'teaching tribe' premade is also a little bit stupid. Why? because if someones never played before then how are they gonna find the forums in the first place to join! :icon_rolleyes:

its up to everyone who plays TW im afraid to give a little bit of a damn and help out rather than moaning.

I'll give you an example- new guy in my 5 x 5 on a recent world. Never played before. Does the right thing and mails all his neighbours to say hi. I was the only person to actually respond, strike up a conversation, and when i heard he was new actually try and teach him something about the game/ point him in the direction of the forums/ link him to some guides.

everyone else either ignored him or sent idiotic restart mails.

DeletedUser

this is great to hear guys, in honesty I thought I was the only one!

Truth is that any 12 year old in front of a PC can learn how to script, backtime, t-train and snipe. Add 2 more 12 years olds and a you have a very strong co-played account.

To all those who think UK is a push over server with no "talent" I hereby challenge you.

Lets get 10 - 20 of us together, we start a world with no premades and we are not allowed to recruit anyone we know from previous worlds. Then we have knockkout stages, last to reach 100K disbands, then we go by 20K until there are 5 left, then we have a world war!

Not sure I would trust everyone to stick by these rules as we are all competitive, but that would be much more fun for me than outfarming a non co-played account and bragging about it

DeletedUser

Go for it mycool, I can probably rally up 20 people to come from old tribes on .net :lol:

DeletedUser6695

*1337* premades are never made on forums...just saying:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

thats the issue.

We have to get 20 people, agree to start a world together and see what we can do with a tribe. 5 north east, 5 south east etc. Random start and I guess your skills will come in trying to recruit the best people in the area.

It will also give the likes of Four Seasons a taste of what it feels like to be the under dog, but also what it can feel like to win from that position

DeletedUser7025

I could have easily been top 20. If bazza the brave can get rank 1 that shows how bad this world is. It's quite clear start up ability is lacking. Anyway, who/what are you and what worlds have you seen me play? It seems you have extensive knowledge on my ability. I'm interested.

Ive seen you play CF and my abiding memory is that you were always falling behind beacause you were too busy gassing on here :O)

DeletedUser

He relies on others to keep him interested I think, such as LA or Matt. Otherwise he stops logging in and becomes lazy

DeletedUser6695

^True story...If I don't co I dont play. This game is rather boring.

DeletedUser11200

Guys at the end of the day you need to dispense with what ever challenge is put in front of you.
If the top 20 from a year ago are not playing then there loss, it simply provides the opportunity for other players to make a name for themselves.

The only thing that really winds me up is the PP feature to cut short build times etc.
Soon the game will lose its best players.

The one thing .net does not have is this feature so it may mean most of the talent goes there.
As for me, anyone who knws me knows my interest levels can change dramatically, however I'm determined to show on this world tht money wont buy u success. So who knws how long I will be here.

As for a special tournament, I'm up for that, be fun...

DeletedUser4753

We have all seen tribes like teach you do well, another idea Ive had would be say have 5"teach you's

All have a rule of say 1 Pro to 1 newish guy. that way its not one tribe full of a load of top guys with newb's, because when all the pro's are in 1 tribe, they will smash any opposition for the guys their trying to teach, but a tribe with 10 pro's 10 newbs 5 times over then they are all going to have competition, and due to that competition, put even more emphasis on making sure your 10 newbs, can handle what the others will throw at them.

Teachu was a great idea, lets expand upon it and just in one world, we can not only train up 50 guys who could all potential be the next big thing, but in such a big statement of "tw is new guy friendly" then could drum up even more interest + tis fun :)

Ps im liking alot of the attitudes of people, maybe tw's golden age is not done and dusted

DeletedUser

Post it up in the premade section I think more people will read it there
I think maybe if you have a certain amount of decent players signed up split them up int o fair groups and then let them recruit active new players in the area where thier tribe is.
The only thing about having 5 groups is that 1 k will have 2 groups