TOP 10 tribes based on skill

DeletedUser5582

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad.

There you go. Problem solved!

DeletedUser14054

I don't agree with that at all.

The definition of skill is: the ability to do something well; expertise.

You can't be highly skilled if you lack knowledge. There's also a ton of skill involved in applying that knowledge.

Skill at applying knowledge I can agree on!

But I guess we have a different view in regards to skill in this game and knowledge.. In my eyes it's easy to be skilled in this game, but it's a lot harder to gain all the knowledge of this game including all the ins and outs. As for decision making, that can rarely be taught in game it's something each player brings to the table.. Essentially that is what separates players, 2 players can be equally as skilled in game, but one can lack the correct decision making ability to prevail.

The things you call "skill" are the easy part. I could teach anyone to time, very quickly, it would not make them a good player.

And yet more then half of the world players cannot do most of those "easy skills"

Moving on to knowledge, why I say its more about knowledge? These days TW is about who you know, rather than how good you are as a player.

So by playing a few worlds and making friends you can create connections which can be used later on in game. How many times have you seen players from defeated tribes being taken in because they knew someone? Or in general, how often do you see players get to where they are because of connections?

Then we can move onto the whole spy thing, it doesn't take any skill to recruit a spy... yet the knowledge they can provide can ruin even the most skilled players and their tribes.

I can bring multiple other examples as to how knowledge is a lot more important in this game rather than skill.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I think we largely agree on what things are most important.

I'd just never consider someone who is incapable of hanging with the very best players as being "near the skillcap" whether it was technical timing skills that they lacked, or knowledge. Either way they'd be capable of performing much worse than the people I'd consider to be nearing the skillcap.

And yes, I absolutely differentiate the difference between someone who "isn't performing at a top level" vs. someone who is "incapable of performing at a top level". Effort matters, but I also think far too often people who are incapable of performing at a top level claim they they could if they put in the effort, but in reality couldn't. It's significantly easier to claim you could go out and do something than it is to actually do it.

Example: Are you a bad farmer? I don't know, maybe you could farm efficiently if you wanted to, but you definitely haven't done so this world.

88 Nauzhror CLASS! 1.670 yesterday
133 Exsedor SMASH 1.195 12.04.2017

I've got 1,328 plunders so far today, and will likely break 2,000 today and surely break my record from yesterday. You have ~170,000 points, I have ~2,000, yet I'm already sending more attacks in a day than you have at any point in this world.

115 Exsedor SMASH 619.345 yesterday
272 Nauzhror CLASS! 197.394 yesterday

Not passed you yet there, but will likely do so very soon. I only have 810 lc and joined the world less than a week ago.

For me to judge your ability off these comparisons though might very well be unfair. I don't know much about your ingame ability, you might just be really really lazy.

I also largely agree that "who you know" matters a lot.

My tribe on uk10 was very, very dominant. It was also a premade. I don't think it being rank 1 with 14 members proves that I am a great leader. (As a point of fact, I do not believe I am a great leader.) What it proves is that I have friends who are great players.

DeletedUser14054

Example: Are you a bad farmer? I don't know, maybe you could farm efficiently if you wanted to, but you definitely haven't done so this world.

88 Nauzhror CLASS! 1.670 yesterday
133 Exsedor SMASH 1.195 12.04.2017

I've got 1,328 plunders so far today, and will likely break 2,000 today and surely break my record from yesterday. You have ~170,000 points, I have ~2,000, yet I'm already sending more attacks in a day than you have at any point in this world.

115 Exsedor SMASH 619.345 yesterday
272 Nauzhror CLASS! 197.394 yesterday

Not passed you yet there, but will likely do so very soon. I only have 810 lc and joined the world less than a week ago.

For me to judge your ability off these comparisons though might very well be unfair. I don't know much about your ingame ability, you might just be really really lazy.

Dont worry, I keep tabs on you in game :) you are in a tribe that's lead by my RL friend ;)

As for my farming, I never claimed even once to be good at it :) I know how it works, I know how to microfarm and so on... I am just really lazy and dont have the time to dash out 1000s of farm runs a day :) Yet I always do just fine and dont have an issue keeping up with the players in the world :)