Top 20 Tribes Opinions

DeletedUser

1 - =FATE= - They seem to be doing quite well as they've generally been near the top. Not exactly sure how they're doing in their war, but think they were hit hard recently by Bi!. Still, with their member count and rank they must be doing something right! - 9/10

2 - WETLUV - Result of a recent merge, its left the with a pretty high member count though which they'd benfit in reducing. I'm sure a good war would lessen their ranks and sort the strong from the weak. 8/10

3 - +PEST- - My tribe. We have a nice grip on our 2 K's now . Have done well mopping up the remaining HYBRID, O.O and others and are growing nicely with a fairly low member count :) Won't rate it as I'd be biased :D

4 - W A R - Don't know much about this tribe. I'd say they could do with cutting down their member count too but seem to be a pretty average tribe. 7/10

5 - Bi! - Were at rank 1 earlier so not quite sure whats happened there. Guessing its something to do with ex urban judging by the tribe below. They've been around for ages and are always around the top, so they won't be going down anytime soon! Think they're making good process against =FATE= at the moment too. 8/10

6 - ~UR~ - Were GOM! till very recently, looks to be those in urban who have left Bi!. They seem to have a dceent amount of cntrol over several K's but its too early to tell how they'll fair, as the've only just reformed :D ?/10

7 - *BK* - If they reduced their members they'd make a good tribe as they seem to have gone on a bit of a recruiting spree recently. They were successful against STA which was the bigger tribe (I think) so they could go on to have some success but don't have many ways into which they could expand. 6/10

8 - HEROES - Don't know anything about them (apart from them having the same name as a great TV show :D). Looks like they coud end up warring =FATE= with such overlaps into each others territory. 6/10

9 - Vital - Quite a small tribe who seem to be holding up well. Don't think they'll last as long as some of the other tribes though, but I may be wrong. 7/10

10 - FM - cann't see this tribe being around for long, they'll most liekly be eaten up by bigger tribes (possibly the reformed urban) 4/10

11 - Cold - They've got probably the best tribe profile and do some of the best PNP. They've grown quite a bit recently, taking in some of the former tribe billy. Hope they write another great PNP on whoever they war next :D 8/10 as they're genrally amusing

12 - MAX - Some former STA players who are basically just gathering up noble targets under one banner. I think we'll see them vanish very quickly. 2/10

13 - 20 - Won't go into detail on most of these as they'll keep changing and most don't look like they have much potential or they're dieing.

DeletedUser

Merging is generally frowned upon unless you are at war with someone and are losing badly and need to merge to survive.

I merged in from HoB, and at the time the merge was necessary for two reasons in my eyes:
1) The Virus/HoB/STA v BK war showed up that BK needed a new leader, which britecraft took over mid war, and they needed the merge to restock BK with some perhaps more active and more awake players (which we are gradually trimming down to once again after the grace period which was awarded to people to sort themselves out)

2) It suited HoB to move to avoid a war which we knew was inevitably coming on either front, and in doing so in my opinion we've managed to take a core of 2 active groups of players and build a shiny new core of players.

Once again I find myself agreeing with Ade...(Damn Its becoming A Habit :) )

Also looking at your tribes nobles, there is only 3 real patterns..

1..Internals

2..Tribeless

3..Abandoned

You should really now make a declaration and be warring by now if you think you deserve your top 10 position

We were until a few days ago at war with STA, and the reason many of those are tribeless is that they disbanded or were booted and so we are using our industrial sized mop to clean the dirty dirty brown dots off of the map that were in STA.
The Internals are sort of necessary for now as they were HoB that needed trimming, or BK that needed trimming. Some were internal players who also decided to go on an inside the tribe rampage of doom and despair.

DeletedUser

Top 20 is becoming an obsolete discussion. However, I feel it is important we try to maintain a real and significant debate on this issue.

Mentioned here = relevant or vaguely so. Not mentioned = irrelevant. Your destiny is assured as outlined below. To which end:

=FATE=
When it becomes clear that a certain person really is thinking about making a great change (even doing a u-turn), you know it's best to watch and wait. Even so, it might be hard to resist celebrating. Tips from someone who always seems to know the next trend gives you valuable insight - and ideas as to how you could improve a project that's only recently got started (so not too late then!).

+PEST-
Enjoy a moment of fantasy and start attracting what you want. Powerful change is in the air. You will need to dot the 'I's and cross the 't's' of a proposal - but later. Family matters are likely to take a dramatic turn. A process begins that won't pay dividends for some months. There may be no guaranteed answers to your many questions - for the moment.

WETLUV
With a good friend or relative (a Scorpio or Pisces) in fractured emotional state, you may feel the need to adjust your schedule. Tough-talking seems likely - though understanding can be reached today. Even so, legal (or other expert) help may be needed. In some ways though, you might think that everything is working out perfectly!.

~UR~
It would be interesting to know what's wanted of you. Powerful (and probably passionate) undercurrents are at work. The influence of far away places and very different cultures may be felt. Of course, it could be that you're turned on by a returning friend - as much by their news as the way they look.

W A R
An invitation comes your way. Do you want to join this group? You need to understand the sub-text. Of course, it could simply be that you're introduced to new music or taste and aren't sure you like it. It might seem to a certain person that you're digging your heels in - and that what you want to know is very different to information on offer.

*BK*
Did you ever imagine yourself to be where you are now? Is it possible that you're a little dumbstruck. Relationships forged today are set to have singular impact over the next 12 weeks (and could last significantly longer). What seems clear is that a certain person wants you to play a particular role in their life. Is this what you want? Can you handle it?

HEROES
Are you about to see how 'the other half live' - or will you be let into a gi-normous secret? Either way it might feel as though you've entered Wonderland. Significant in all this is that deepening understanding with someone who moved into your circle earlier this year, appears to be blossoming into a very special relationship.

Cold
Life-changing and healing developments in the life of someone close impacts on you. There may be no guarantees. For now, it may be necessary for you to learn some of their ropes and, maybe, take over a task they usually do. This looks to be an action packed day when emotions run high but where you draw ever closer to someone already very special.

RoT
You don't have to be all crabby, protectionist or overly emotional. Instead, you could give your imagination positive flight and start visualising the future you want to have. It won't be surprising if this results in you attracting someone new into your circle. Their expertise appears effortless and acts as inspiration.

HELL
If you didn't manage 'time out' yesterday, then think about asking someone to help you find that today. You're rapidly reaching another crossroads and slowing down to see signposts would be helpful! Health concerns could be uppermost (again). Contact with someone you worked with ages ago prompts thoughts about developing a new partnership with them.

BM
What's proposed might not come to anything until the end of next month. Knowing where you started from,- and keeping documentation of your aspirations will be useful. A powerful undercurrent takes hold in your private life - possibly linked to developments in the life of someone you think of as a protege. Evidence of affection dominates both today and tomorrow.

DAD
A turning point is reached in the next 48 hours: affecting both your career and domestic life. The temptation may be to pull down your shell and do your 'hermit bit' until the winds of change pass over. With others counting on you to look after them, this probably isn't an option.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree with that 100%.

edit: actually, no - i don't.

DeletedUser

Here is my entirely scientific method of determining how good a tribe is:

Look through the last 50 conquers (not including internals) and count the number of 1500 point barbs that have been nobled. Turn this into a percentage; those with high percentages are revealed for all the world to see as rubbish.

1. =FATE+ 26% Rather a shock, that.
2. +PEST- 4% Not quite perfect, but pretty good.
3. WETLUV 10% OK, although it took a while to count back to 50 conquers between all of your losses.
4. ~UR~ 0% Impeccable
5. W A R 39% Relentless....if you are a barb.
6. *BK* 22% Must try harder.
7. HEROES 64% For shame. AND this included a 78 point barb!
8. Cold 0% We rule. In the interests of impartiality, i should declare a 1800 pointer. The person responsible will be disciplined.
9. HELL 82% Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Oh dear.
10. W.I.P 48% Poor show.

The result are conclusive: Cold (and ~UR~ i suppose) are the best, HELL are the scourge of barbs everywhere, and =FATE+ have some explaining to do.

DeletedUser8195

Sorry, we forgot to announce our war on the barbs... Was very irresponsible.

I believe most of those barbs are for church reasons. All barbs must have permission from a council member before they are taken. Permission isn't given easily.

DeletedUser

Thats a pretty interesting post, certainly tells us a lot about each tribe... Might be worth doing last 100, or trying again in a couple of weeks time to see if any tribes were just having a blip

I'll follow up with a look at numbers of internals from the last 100 conquers. The figures may not be entirely accurate, but they're a roughly right. Unfortunately, the recruitment of attacked players are likely included in there so some of these figures will be greatly skewed. It at least shows who recruits a lot of enemies as well as internals.

1 - =FATE= - 33% - Looks like Fate have been pretty busy with their intenralling recently... Then again, a recent merge could be the cause.

2 - +PEST- - 28% - Not too bad :)

3 - WETLUV - 34% - About the same as =FATE=

4 - ~UR~- 20% - Certainly kept the number of internals down so well done them, but being a more recent tribe thats to be expected.

5 - W A R - 32% - Again, around the same as =FATE=

6 - *BK* - 37% - Ouch, looks like you're most at risk from *BK* if you're actually in the tribe!

7 - HEROES - 21% - Another pretty impressive total.

8 - Cold - 42% - Although it looks to be a terrible total, knowing about this area I'm pretty sure it would be zero without including those who joined the tribe after warring.

9 - HELL - 2% - This would be impressive if not for the huge number of barbs filling up their conquers list, I'm sure most tribes have higher internals than they have conquers! (Click here to see for yourself)

10 - W.I.P - 14% - An impressive total, but its small member count and recent formation may be part of it.

I apologise again for the inaccuracies, it would take forever to look through each player

DeletedUser

Actually 24%, but not that much of a difference anyway. I personally loathe the nobling of 1.5k barbs for a lot of very good reasons, but then again there are those who find some uses behind this kind of nobling, whether it's for better church placement or to get some defensive villas away from the frontline or whatever excuse it is. There has been a sudden increase in barb nobling in fate only very recently due to certain recent events. This increase in fact will soon turn into a decrease.

As for your method for determining how good a tribe is, well quite frankly it sucks.

Examining the last 50 conquers of tribes at this stage of the world is a very, very small sample, to small a sample to draw any kind of definite and correct conclusion. In addition there are many other equally if not more important factors which determine how good a tribe is which I won't go on and write about as they should be obvious if you are even a half decent player. You just chose something and then presented it in a way where your tribe did very well and where the tribes you don't like, didn't.

Seeing as you seem to have a fetish towards the numbers of barbs conquered by tribes, I'm going to expand your method to the total number of barbs taken by a tribe since it was created.

1. =FATE= 10%
2. +PEST- 7%
3. WETLUV 25%
4. ~UR~ 2%
5. W A R 34%
6. *BK* 21%
7. HEROES 49%
8. Cold 4%
9. HELL 50%
10. W.I.P 55%

This is the percentage of conquers for of villages under 1750 points aka villages you shouldn't be taking or barbs.

I think the results are self-explanatory.

If we, =FATE=, are rank 1, it's because we deserve it.

DeletedUser

Sorry, we forgot to announce our war on the barbs... Was very irresponsible.

I believe most of those barbs are for church reasons. All barbs must have permission from a council member before they are taken. Permission isn't given easily.
You guys must have lots of churches then :lol:

In fact you guys mustn't have many nukes if all those barb conquers (34% of all your conquers) are for "churches"

"Permission isn't given easily"...yeah sure. Either you're members are very persuasive, or you council members are very easily persuaded.

DeletedUser

@mrlucaboy

I was being somewhat facetious when i suggested that this was a 'scientific' method for determining how good a tribe is. Obviously there are many other factors that would need to be considered. However given that 'barb-nobler' is pretty much the worst insult you can fling at someone on TW, I thought it would be worth a look at.

I can accept that there are sometimes legitimate reasons for taking barbs, although 26% over your last 50 conquers still seems rather high. Over 50% is inexcusable though.

DeletedUser

1. =FATE= 10%
2. +PEST- 7%
3. WETLUV 25%
4. ~UR~ 2%
5. W A R 34%
6. *BK* 21%
7. HEROES 49%
8. Cold 4%
9. HELL 50%
10. W.I.P 55%

This is the percentage of conquers for of villages under 1750 points aka villages you shouldn't be taking or barbs.

I think the results are self-explanatory.

If we, =FATE=, are rank 1, it's because we deserve it.

I don't think that explains that your tribe should be number one, it just points out that there are other tribes in the top 20 who appear to be overly preoccupied with a war on barbs

DeletedUser

@mrlucaboy

I was being somewhat facetious when i suggested that this was a 'scientific' method for determining how good a tribe is. Obviously there are many other factors that would need to be considered. However given that 'barb-nobler' is pretty much the worst insult you can fling at someone on TW, I thought it would be worth a look at.

I can accept that there are sometimes legitimate reasons for taking barbs, although 26% over your last 50 conquers still seems rather high. Over 50% is inexcusable though.
I know, but still the recent increase in barb nobling in =FATE= is a temporary thing due to certain events, so there is no need to slate =FATE= for this. My "scientific method" :p showed that the figures you found looked bad because you just took the last 50 conquers, however when one looks at the bigger picture like I did, you can see how our percentage is perfectly alright.

@doomdealer666

That last line of mine, it has nothing to do really with all the percentages, it's just there to say something like you can interpret numbers how you want to make it seem as though =FATE= are barb nobling noobs, but the fact is we are rank 1 and as I said we deserve it.

DeletedUser

Most talked about tribes

Rank Tribe Threads
9 HELL 34
8 Cold 31
1 =FATE= 30
2 +PEST- 30
3 WETLUV 18
14 fire 14
7 HEROES 9
15 Elites 3
13 4fire 1
4 ~UR~ 0
10 W.I.P 0
12 PROX 0
16 2REP 0
5 W A R n/a
6 *BK* n/a
11 MAX n/a
17 T~F n/a
18 BOG n/a
19 R-R n/a
20 - R - n/a

A bit silly, this one. I did a search in the UK4 forum for the number of unique threads that include the exact tribe name (as listed above). Short tribe names couldn't be counted.

"Vital" scores 26, "Hybrid" scores 23, "Urban" scores 23

DeletedUser

HELL are top :O

Had a quick look through and I don't think many uses of HELL were refrencing to the tribe :D

I better also say +PEST- to get us up to third :D

DeletedUser

Rank . Tribe name . Total points . Members . Villages . Region

1 . =FATE= . 32M . 54 . 3518 . South, esp. K54, K55, K65.
2 . +PEST- . 21M . 52 . 2406 . North-eastern core, esp. K35, K45.
3 . WETLUV . 23M . 79 . 2620 . North-western core, esp. K44.
4 . ~UR~ . 17M . 36 . 1984 . Eastern rim, esp. K46, K56, K66.
5 . Z~P . 14M . 68 . 1804 . North-western rim, esp. K33, K34.
6 . HEROES . 9.9M . 86 . 1400 . South-western rim, esp. K64.
7 . (M) . 5.7M . 9 . 681 . South-western rim, esp. K63.
8 . Test! . 5.5M . 34 . 777 . Western rim, esp. K43, K53.
9 . Cold . 5.1M . 17 . 580 . North-eastern rim, esp. K36.
10 . HELL . 1.7M . 10 . 231 . Southern rim, esp. K64.
11 . POP! . 917k . 1 . 97 . North-eastern core.
12 . W.I.P . 913k . 17 . 136 . Southern rim.
13 . PROX . 495k . 12 . 89 . Northern rim.
14 . fire . 349k . 13 . 75 . North-western rim.
15 . 4fire . 348k . 49 . 100
16 . Elites . 336k . 31 . 79 . Dispersed, mainly on the south-eastern rim.
17 . BOG . 228k . 25 . 57
18 . T~F . 223k . 66 . 96
19 . UP . 210k . 20 . 59
20 . MAX . 189k . 18 . 47

DeletedUser

Much has changed since I last did one of these so here it is :)

1 - =FATE= - Can't really fault them, they've held onto the top well ever since the fall of Bi! and have a nice lead. Still, Bi! seemed pretty powerful at one point so things can change very quickly. 9/10

2 - WETLUV - They're hot on the heels of =FATE= and did quite well against W A R. They're just on to mopping up the split remainders now. Perhaps they may have the chance to become number one in future if they deal with securing their area well. 8/10

3 - +PEST- - My tribe :) I'd say we're doing pretty well in our war against =FATE=. We suffered from a bit of quitting and a player betraying us, but are still fighting on :D 8/10

4 - ~UR~ - They've secured most of the East, but havn't had any major battles to fight yet. They may appear in a big war soon as they border both =FATE= and +PEST-. Just remains to see where they go next! 7/10

5 - Z~P - Havn't really seen them do anything interesting yet, they're just there. Looks like they'll be the path leading WETLUV to the top rank as I think they'd crush them. 5/10

6 - HEROES - They've been hit pretty hard by =FATE= but are still hanging in there. They have themselves a nice hold on the South. 6/10

7 - ~DBD~ (the tribe thhat keeps changing their name :D) - They're a splinter of W A R who seem to be in the process of getting mopped up by WETLUV. Their scattered positions seem to be working against them but they may hold out for a bit longer 5/10

8 - Cold - They've pretty much disappeared now. Were a good tribe though with by far the best PNP's :D

9 - HELL - They're around HEROES area, suprised they haven't merged. 5/10

10 - (M) - Another smaller W A R splinter, think they'll get picked off fairly quickly 5/10

Below that there's nothing really of interest. Just the odd one man tribe and small tribes that'll be food for the top 10.