Top 25 Players

DeletedUser2178

Hmmm, I recognise a few names in the top25 and most of them used to be very, very bad. I assume uk26 sucks?

Also, there is a guy called Snipe n Stack? He clearly lacks knowledge and ability... Backtiming >

You don't stick around on any world to know any of these players, talking crap as usual :icon_rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6695

The last world I genuinely joined with the intention of playing was uk19. I played to 600/700k that's a lot bigger than these mediocre players are now friend :)

P.s I love how I don't play for prolonged periods of time and people I've never heard of still recognise me. I truly am a God among men

DeletedUser12641

you played to 600-700k that's nothing and then you quit
if players get to 100k but get nobled but fight I have more respect for them than you mate simple
cant believe your boasting about 600k points hahahahaha this world just got started how can you compare
on world 19 I got to 17,226,049 and won the world so in my eyes you really are a hopeless player hahahahahaha

DeletedUser6695

if players get to 100k but get nobled but fight I have more respect for them than you mate simple
cant believe your boasting about 600k points hahahahaha this world just got started how can you compare
on world 19 I got to 17,226,049 and won the world so in my eyes you really are a hopeless player hahahahahaha

Ew, imagine getting nobled when you reach that stage.

I wasnt boasting, I was making a longevity point. Did world 19 even get that far ? Or are you referring to .net because that's another server mate.

And again, another player I've never heard of who's aware of my greatness. I am famous

DeletedUser

You make my shits look intelligent.

DeletedUser12641

Krazy why the insults is it because your not very clever, you have to swear, I was merely stating a fact, people like you really humour me what word will you come up with next hahaha

DeletedUser

Swearing has nothing to do with intelligence, your abortion of a post on the other hand? That probably does.

DeletedUser12641

Maybe swearing doesn't, but it shows lack of respect to other users, at least cold fusion took my comment light hearted bit of banter, and yes cold it was UK world 19 and my in game is the ferret :)

DeletedUser

Maybe swearing doesn't, but it shows lack of respect to other users, at least cold fusion took my comment light hearted bit of banter, and yes cold it was UK world 19 and my in game is the ferret :)

I don't respect you, so well established?

DeletedUser13954

moving on....

Imagine if we all had that Linlukas money, id buy 3houses first then bribe support :p

DeletedUser2178

The last world I genuinely joined with the intention of playing was uk19. I played to 600/700k that's a lot bigger than these mediocre players are now friend :)

P.s I love how I don't play for prolonged periods of time and people I've never heard of still recognise me. I truly am a God among men

Ive been around a while, i have never played with or against you, i only know of you through your posts on the externals which is a pretty lame path to greatness, You did ok on w19, i would expect better....

DeletedUser1508

Hmmm, I recognise a few names in the top25 and most of them used to be very, very bad. I assume uk26 sucks?

w26 is a filler world, it simply fills in a few more months between more interesting worlds.

DeletedUser

Linukas for no.1 - kudos to any player that spends 130k PP on a world :icon_razz:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
And how many of this worlds players do you know blue?

I'm not Blue, but I'd agree, there's nowhere near 40 great players on any .uk world. Do I know every player on this world? No. I do however know the rank 1 player on this world. I have in fact rimmed the rank 1 player on this world. I wouldn't call him great. I find it hard to consider anyone behind him great as a result.

Especially when said player is 50% ahead of rank 2.

DeletedUser5390

I'm not Blue, but I'd agree, there's nowhere near 40 great players on any .uk world. Do I know every player on this world? No. I do however know the rank 1 player on this world. I have in fact rimmed the rank 1 player on this world. I wouldn't call him great. I find it hard to consider anyone behind him great as a result.

Especially when said player is 50% ahead of rank 2.

And this is partly one of the reasons why the externals don't work. People who play this game but are not on this particular world reflect on something they have no idea on.
For starters its not just "a player" as there are a few on that account. How do you know one of them isn't "great"?

That and each world is different, to come out with elitest remarks as such others have done and not praise someone for as you said being 50% ahead of anyone else is stupid. "Great" or not "they" are still far better than the rest and as such congratulate them rather than belittle them.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
For starters its not just "a player" as there are a few on that account. How do you know one of them isn't "great"?

That and each world is different, to come out with elitest remarks as such others have done and not praise someone for as you said being 50% ahead of anyone else is stupid. "Great" or not "they" are still far better than the rest and as such congratulate them rather than belittle them.

Being 50% ahead is only praiseworthy if the people behind you are doing well. There's a difference between doing exceptionally well, and everyone else doing exceptionally poorly.

Should I also give Hussain Bolt more congratulations when he beats high school track stars than when he beats olympic runners? He'd beat them by a larger margin afterall.

And this is partly one of the reasons why the externals don't work. People who play this game but are not on this particular world reflect on something they have no idea on.

No, quite the opposite. Open discussion is what made the forums thrive, people trying to scare people from posting by claiming they must meet specific criteria to do so has the opposite effect. There was far more back and forth banter and trashtalk when the forums were at their most active than there is today. The reason the forums are dead is because the game is dead. UK26 has 324 posts total.UK1 had 39,744.

UK1 opened June 4th 2009. It lasted until June 29th 2012. There were 130,335 villages controlled by players at the end of the world. Total village count unavailable since the world no longer exists to check that information.

UK26 has 14,873 villages and has been open for 113 days compared to the 1,120 UK1 was open for.

Based on world age alone UK26 would be expected to have 3,211 posts made in its forum by the time it was as old as UK1 was when UK1 ended. Take into account the difference in the playerbase, and if every player posted the same amount per day of the world as happens on this forum UK1 would have been expected to have 28,139 posts in its forums. That's less than it does have, yes, so the forums are roughly 29% less busy per player per day, but that has much more to do with a snowball effect where activity breeds activity (ie. if there's more active threads there's more threads to respond to which means more potential for active users to make posts) than it does with "elitism". You say elitist like it's a bad thing, but there's not a competitive activity in the world that doesn't run on such a concept. Without elitism we'd lack many of the great innovations created by humans via competition. We'd almost certainly not be n the internet, because the internet wouldn't have been created if someone didn't decide that they could do something that no one else could.

The declining population also explains the large leads mediocre players can have on worlds today. When I started playing TW I'd be rank 1 on a world with over 150,000 players on it. This world has around 2,600. Take a world of 150,000, remove random people till you get down to 2,600. The new rank 2 was on average rank 58 before. So, yay, to be rank 3 on UK26 is as roughly as statistically dominant as being top 100 on a old world.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5390

The declining population also explains the large leads mediocre players can have on worlds today. When I started playing TW I'd be rank 1 on a world with over 150,000 players on it. This world has around 2,600. Take a world of 150,000, remove random people till you get down to 2,600. The new rank 2 was on average rank 58 before. So, yay, to be rank 3 on UK26 is as roughly as statistically dominant as being top 100 on a old world.

Do you agree then that with these figures and calculations that the following assumption is fair?
It can be easier for a good (not a great just good, heck even average) player to succeed in the game when the world is larger.

My reasoning is that with more players, even 10x the amount there are over 10x the amount of villages as you have to account for barbs etc. Lets say that the elite players account for 1%, the good players account for 15%. As it is a percentage then the amount of average and poor players for the good players to feed off also increases in line with the rest. Farming, noble targets and space to move into also increase. One of the main differences between UK W1 and UK W26 is there sheer amount/or lack of room to move into. (Although the family system on world 26 hasn't helped this).
Thus with these extra factors great players find it harder to distance themselves from the other players in a smaller world like UK W26.

Now as a counter argument I guess you'd suggest you wouldn't struggle and would still be ahead of everyone by a larger margin, but would you agree that it would be harder?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Whether the overall difficulty for the average player has changed is something I'd say is impossible to prove one way or the other. It may not be much easier to be rank 1 today than it used to be, but top 20 for example means way way less today than it once did. When I played most uk worlds it seemed the top 1-2 players grew at speeds reminiscent of .net top 20, but past that there was often a large drop off.

I fundamentally disagree with your %'s though. I consider good players to be around 1-2%, and "elite" to be less than 0.1%. There is a head and shoulders gap in understanding of game mechanics between the top players and the pretenders.

Example: Speedmerchant, who made this thread: I'd consider him a good player. I rimmed him on uk6, he fought back valiantly, he lost, but he displayed a solid understanding of the game when fighting me. He split my train, he backtimed the nobles that lived, he then attempted to noble my newest village off of me, he forced me to split his train and suicide all my troops in the new village to just barely kill his nobles (it didn't have enough troops yet to clear him even when backtiming him, there was only a 43 hour gap between nobling it and finishing off speedmerchant). He lost, but he did what he could to have a chance.

Star123 was the player I rimmed before I rimmed speedmerchant, it was star's village that speedmerchant tried to take from me. Star did not attempt to split my train, he did not attack me, he did not show any semblance of timing capabilities, he just stacked, and because he couldn't get enough defense he got rimmed.

As such I have far more respect for speedmerchant than I do for star123. Speedmerchant is a more complete player. Star is a grower, you can even say he's a good grower, but he's not a complete player. He might be rank 1, but he's rank 58 OD, nobled 52+ internals and 1 barb. That's at least 53 free villages, and he only has 91 villages so at most 36 of them were taken from people that fought back. I say at least because some of the tribeless conquers may essentially be internals too, but I don't care enough to check the tribe changes of all of them or make speculations. That's not how a good player plays.

Last edited: