Top 4 tribes, Interview with a duke

DeletedUser4753

So i thought it would be a nice idea to interview one duke from each of the top 4 tribes, always interesting to here what people who run things behind the scenes think of the world, their tribe, and other tribes.

I appreciate most tribes have more than one duke, but i thought best to have 1 opinion per tribe to keep things unbiased and equal, I myself had to interview mask's other duke as to maintain the unbiased nature of this interview.

I shall post my own opinions in a bit but for the sake of being fair to all participants i shall leave this initial post purely the questions asked and answers received :)

So without further a do, eat your heart out parkinson:

1. XpRd duke.

d1mension Jan 26,2013 22:59
1. Hello cheetah, we have chatted a bit before, but just for forum readers, whats your previous playing/leading experience?

cheetah277 Jan 26,2013 23:05
Started playing a old .net world just for fun as heard about the game, ended up meeting a few uk guys,so we started on uk2 together, no big names just a group of guys and girls having a laugh together some who still play with today..

d1mension Jan 26,2013 23:11
2. What do make of w13 so far? Have the rather odd combination of settings been easy to circumnavigate by your tribe?

cheetah277 Jan 26,2013 23:14
Haha hell no its the most weirdest settings i have seen, churches are bad enough then throw in 14hr35min noble limit, should of gone the whole hog and no farming lol, but as a tribe who work/help eachother makes it alot easier..

d1mension Jan 26,2013 23:24
3. So XprD have been sat at rank 1 for a while, quietly confident on adding w13 to list of victories?

cheetah277 Jan 26,2013 23:27
Can never underestimate the enemy,but i have faith in the guys in the tribe they have mostly been there before so know what it takes, the ones that were fairly new to the game can finally see a end game, although be it coplaying or solo, will be a good experience for them either way what happens..

d1mension Jan 26,2013 23:31
4. Who do you see as your biggest competition, and how wary are you of said competition can anyone give you a run for your money?

cheetah277 Jan 26,2013 23:35
Like said before everyone can be dangerous,the way everyone has restarted new tribes is a joke,the only 2 that have stayed together since near start is us you(mask) so both tribes have a loyal following,

d1mension Jan 26,2013 23:40
5. Half way their ;) a tough question for a duke, This game is all about team work and every member of said teams play their part, but every tribe has some stand outs, who's in your opinion is xprd's best?

cheetah277 Jan 26,2013 23:42
We have such a good mix,everyone has there strentghs and others have weakness,but thats what a tribe is all about.. So cant really call anyone best

d1mension Jan 26,2013 23:43
6. Some tribes are known for all rounders, some are top opp'ers, some are tough nuts to crack, what would you say is xprd's biggest strength, and its biggest weakness.

cheetah277 Jan 26,2013 23:46
Biggest weakness?? Like i am going to say that haha
We have always been known as a hard hitting tribe and will continue that way..

d1mension Jan 26,2013 23:47
7. Do you envisage any new tribes appearing that could still have influence on this world, after all xprd came out a what seemed a weak k of family tribes, but that was early on, their still time for a new face to pop up and cause havok to others people's plans, or is who we see who will play out the worlds?

cheetah277 Jan 26,2013 23:49
I think this will stay as it is now..

d1mension Jan 27,2013 00:01
8. whats your most memorable experience good or bad from w13, being a duke we are always privy to most things happening on a world level, so make it juicy :D

cheetah277 Jan 27,2013 00:07
Haha got a few :-

1. The slagging matches between us and old fenix leader jay (actually a nice guy,but no leader).
2. The whole iso xm 1v1 episode lmao we gave our word we wouldnt get involved,iso offered to leave(as cant support outside tribe) but still a no from xm lol.
3. When we were just starting the world in previous tribe,the roll call thing they did gave us all a laugh..But is a more had to be there moment lol

d1mension Jan 27,2013 00:09
9. Is their anything you would have done differently to give your tribe despite its achievements, better chances?

cheetah277 Jan 27,2013 00:12
Tbh nothing really, for the limits of the world the guys have done great, everyone has villa swapped when needed to help others move, have had no internals(biggest killer of a tribe) i couldnt ask for a better bunch of guys..

d1mension Jan 27,2013 00:13
10. And finally If i said your your time on this world has XprD, you'd say?

cheetah277 Jan 27,2013 00:16
Roflmao standup so i could go again haha nah serious, i have faith in these guys,same as mask does theres,both solid tribes,so reckon will be us and them last fight..
Should be a good end game battle..

Unofficially i also asked cheetah a bonus question(they are rank 1 after all), I was interested to know why he chose the name Xprd for his tribe.
Apparently its a link to XpRd's sb007ck, he's knocking on a bit, or near expired as it were (Cheetah's words not mine ;P)

2. Mask duke

d1mension Jan 27,2013 21:34
1. Hello, for people who don't know you, whats your previous playing/leading experience?

The Cabbie Jan 27,2013 21:40
First world was 22.net -Elrohir was the account name got to nearly 5 mill if i remember right played .net for a long time then the UK server started.
Was duke of 3 tribes on .net then uk 1 started and a few EXP guys from 22 started that, Chen was duke and i stayed out of leadership till he quit been leading tribes on uk server since
Highlight was leading the winning tribe on UK 8 and it was the first world i won as a player

d1mension Jan 27,2013 21:41
2. What do make of w13 so far? have the rather odd combination of settings been easy to circumnavigate by your tribe?

The Cabbie Jan 27,2013 21:46
I like the settings the add a bit more to the game and only supporting tribe members is great it meens 1 tribe against 1 in a war the other setting have not been an issue as we plan our growth so no one gets blocked in and left behind
Its important that all players can contribute and battle on the frontlines or they get bored and go inactive

d1mension Jan 27,2013 21:49
3. So mask have risen out of nowhere to be rank 2, confident can keep the momentum up and turn this into a world win?

The Cabbie Jan 27,2013 21:52
Yes think we have shown what we can do attacking and defending there isnt another tribe on this world that can say that
Points are not important its experience that counts just look at NWO prime example

d1mension Jan 27,2013 21:55
4. xprd are clearly inbetween mask and the finish line, and help could be sharing borders with mask soon, n who knows a tmnt comeback on the cards, how do you rate these 3 potential threats as tribes?

The Cabbie Jan 27,2013 22:01
Well xprd i dont know the leadership but do know a few of their players that i rate highly some of their other players seem rather fond of the internal and barb option internals need doing but they have low oda aswell theres no excuss for that, 1 inactive but still they are a lot of points ahead so yeh i rate them as a high threat

Help stuck between a rock and a hard place dont know the leadership know only 1 player are the a threat depends what direction xprd takes but id say a no

TMNT lol lol lol

d1mension Jan 27,2013 22:04
5. A tough question for a duke, This game is all about team work and every member of said teams play their part, but every tribe has some stand outs, who's in your opinion is Mask's best?

The Cabbie Jan 27,2013 22:09
yeh that is a tough one well we have a number of players i rate and not just because of this world having played against them on uk 1 but i would have to go with Pangela hes top of our war rankings great considering hes not been with us since the beginning
He doesn't say much just gets on and does the job

d1mension Jan 27,2013 22:13
6. Some tribes are known for all rounders, some are top opp'ers, some are tough nuts to crack, what would you say is Mask's biggest strength, and its biggest weakness.

The Cabbie Jan 27,2013 22:20
biggest strength is their frontline players
Biggest weakness mmmm should i be giving away that kind of information

d1mension Jan 27,2013 22:21
7. Do you envisage any new tribes appearing that could still have influence on this world, after all xprd came out a what seemed a weak k of family tribes, but that was early on, their still time for a new face to pop up and cause havok to others plans?

The Cabbie Jan 27,2013 22:31
No i think most of the tribes are pretty solid now been about a while TMNT is due for a merge or tribe name change though

d1mension Jan 27,2013 22:32
8. Whats your most memorable experience good or bad from w13, being a duke we are always privy to most things happening on a world level, so make it juicy :D

The Cabbie Jan 27,2013 22:36
Well i didn't start from the beginning of this world i was asked to co the Cabbie account when FIRM declared my most memorable experience is watching a 16mill tribe get their asses handed to them in a basket by a 4 mill tribe

d1mension Jan 27,2013 22:37
9. Is their anything you would have done differently to give your tribe despite its achievements, better chances?

The Cabbie Jan 27,2013 22:46
No i think we have done what we have had to and its paid off well

d1mension Jan 27,2013 22:47
10. And finally If i said, Is the tribe name mask a reference to the ugly mug you may hide behind said mask, you'd say?

The Cabbie Jan 27,2013 22:49
Of Course

3. Tmnt duke.

d1mension Jan 27,2013 23:35

1. Ive not had the pleasure of talking to you before, so for me and the forum community, whats your previous playing/leading experience.

TopDogInDaHood Jan 28,2013 00:13
i had played alongside stu in world 19 net world, mot leadership but in one of the top 2 tribes, then been playing ever since

TopDogInDaHood Jan 28,2013 00:13
not*

d1mension Jan 28,2013 00:15
2. What do make of w13 so far? have the rather odd combination of settings been easy to circumnavigate by your tribe.

TopDogInDaHood Jan 28,2013 00:25
world 13 has been by far the easiest world so far as of nb not a bad side about the world, there has been fair few good people that stay around for wars but you do see people run off a lot too:)

d1mension Jan 28,2013 00:26
3. Tmnt used to be a strong rank 2 with contention for bigger and better things, previous en-devours have seen your group of players under same leadership take rank 1 for a time, confident Tmnt can get back to their best and see its enemies out?

TopDogInDaHood Jan 28,2013 00:31
its not the size or leadership that counts in a tribe, 5-8 people that work well and strong together could rule the world, its all about teamwork and loyalty

d1mension Jan 28,2013 00:32
4. Mask war waging and help to the south, and xprd starting to but up in places how do you rate your biggest competitors?

TopDogInDaHood Jan 28,2013 00:36
help is not too much of a problem, mask have currently recruited ex- tmnt/nwo players who were trusted in which turned their backs on us,no loyalty shown, and xprd are not an issue as they are still strong and rebuilding waiting to pounce on their biggest threat.

d1mension Jan 28,2013 00:37
5. A tough question for a duke, This game is all about team work and every member of said teams play their part, but every tribe has some stand outs, who's in your opinion is Tmnt's best?

TopDogInDaHood Jan 28,2013 00:47
there are three that have stood out the most for me,

tueb - sat and watched nukes fly left, right and centre from cottonbud and still sitting strong.

Finalfantasy - she proved herself loyal and also withheld the attacks from mask. also sitting strong.

fruitsald - was recruited as firm to intimidate fruit twist by bringing in another fruit:) proved himself trust worthy and a great addition to the tribe, stuck with us through the tribe changes and still fighting away in the shadows:)

many others also stood out and proved themself but these three id say are the warriors.

d1mension Jan 28,2013 00:49
6. Some tribes are known for all rounders, some are top opp'ers, some are tough nuts to crack, what would you say is Tmnt's biggest strength, and its biggest weakness.

TopDogInDaHood Jan 28,2013 00:56
our biggest strength is our troop counts, high in numbers and build to fight:) but our weakness would be our amount of nukes, we are all highly defense and lack ratio of nukes

d1mension Jan 28,2013 00:57
7. Do you envisage any new tribes appearing that could still have influence on this world, after all xprd came out a what seemed a weak k of family tribes, but that was early on, their still time for a new face to pop up and cause havok to others plans?

TopDogInDaHood Jan 28,2013 01:06
any new tribe wont be a problem for xprd, the are strong people to compete with. i personally believe that mask will struggle with the force xprd has to offer, look at nation for one, new tribe came through in rank, became a top tribe then demolished by xprd in a matter of weeks.

d1mension Jan 28,2013 01:08
8. whats your most memorable experience good or bad from w13, being a duke we are always privy to most things happening on a world level, so make it juicy :D

TopDogInDaHood Jan 28,2013 01:20
a funny memorable must be when i started up 1 month late:)

currently joined as fruit twist(cousin) and pacmon(father) are both in world 13 inWG, i was refused entry and then pac and fruit leave and make firm, we then clean up WG as a result:) my first war on world 13 at such a small size

d1mension Jan 28,2013 01:21

TopDogInDaHood Jan 28,2013 01:24
not run by myself alone, with others to help out, so i could not have done differntly as it was mostly council agreements

d1mension Jan 28,2013 01:27
10. And finally if i said you guys act like teenagers, smell like mutants, are polar opposite to ninja's and most definitely play like turtles, you;d say?

TopDogInDaHood Jan 28,2013 01:33
opinions are free so on that manor my opinion, mask only called themselves mask as your tribe wear masks and represents the ugly:)

4. Help! duke.

d1mension Jan 27,2013 14:00
1. Ive not had the pleasure of talking to you before, so for me and the forum community, whats your previous playing/leading experience?

mat23dover Jan 27,2013 14:05
First up this not my own account. I actually co-play. But i am the Duke.
I have played a number of worlds. Main ones being UK1 and UK5. I have always had council jobs. I have been both a baron and as now a Duke.
I have playing 4 or 5 years now. Its been fun. It is a game after all?

d1mension Jan 27,2013 14:06
2. What do make of w13 so far? Have the rather odd combination of settings been easy to circumnavigate by your tribe?

mat23dover Jan 27,2013 14:13
I really don't like these settings. But that said it has thrown up some interesting challenges. So not all bad. The tribe limit had been the big one. It has meant i have had to be a bit ruthless at times. Just no room for being squemish. You need to get the best guys you can. So anyone not pulling their weight is just taking up someones space.
The really tight noble range is probably the thing that slows this world up the most. But its the hand we were dealt so thats what we play.

d1mension Jan 27,2013 14:16
3. Help! have been about a while but never really put their stamp on this world, you think you can change that and give Help! a shot at world domination?

mat23dover Jan 27,2013 14:22
Thats a tough one. On any world things change. Its how we take the chances to progress that come from these changes that will shape if we win or not.
Can we win? Maybe?
HELP! may have been about a long time but we are still here. And its my intention we will be here for quite some time.

d1mension Jan 27,2013 14:24
4. With a a large frontline with XprD, a tmnt front to the north and future border with mask possible, what do you make of the tribes around you?

mat23dover Jan 27,2013 14:28
I think i'll skip that question.

d1mension Jan 27,2013 14:30

5. A tough question for a duke, This game is all about team work and every member of said teams play their part, but every tribe has some stand outs, who's in your opinion is Help!'s best?

mat23dover Jan 27,2013 14:33
The Bazza account and the guys on there.

d1mension Jan 27,2013 14:34
6. Some tribes are known for all rounders, some are top opp'ers, some are tough nuts to crack, what would you say is Help's biggest strength, and its biggest weakness.

mat23dover Jan 27,2013 14:38
Strength has to be that we are family. We all have a laugh together and we will stick up for each other. Weakness. lets leave that for others to try and find :)

d1mension Jan 27,2013 14:39

mat23dover Jan 27,2013 14:44
LOL. Theres always that chance. I have seen tribes bigger than Xprd fold. So no reason that couldn't happen. It happened with us. The HELP! you see now is not the HELP! that first came to prominence. Most went to NATION.
Wars and internal politics means the world is always changing.
Lets see what comes along?

d1mension Jan 27,2013 14:46
8. Whats your most memorable experience good or bad from w13, being a duke we are always privy to most things happening on a world level, so make it juicy :D

mat23dover Jan 27,2013 14:51
Finding out just how hated this account was in this K. My co doesn't have the light touch i have with people and he upset rather a lot of people. I am still trying to counter that even now. When the NATION split came i had no option but to stay and re-build HELP! Maybe i was lucky as NATION is gone and i still have HELP! I also get to play with some great guys. I have certainly enjoyed playing alongside them.

d1mension Jan 27,2013 14:52

mat23dover Jan 27,2013 14:58
The list is endless. There are always things we could have been done differently. Would they have been better? Who knows? But we have taken the route we have and we are where we are for better or worse.

d1mension Jan 27,2013 15:01
10. And finally, if i said your tribe looks like a cry for Help!, you'd say?

mat23dover Jan 27,2013 15:04
Try us.

A massive thank you to the 4 dukes for giving me their time and attention to this, cheers guys.

DeletedUser

Topdog is funny as hell XD

Gonna pop the pub then i gotta re-read that for the lolz and then give my personal statement to it :)

DeletedUser1942

Another great thread/post D1 - this is getting regular :)

DeletedUser4753

well done d1. officially keeping the forums alive!

(bask's in glory)

haha its group effort, i can't talk with myself after all, actually i can my alter ego is a opinionated lil "beep" and deffo worth flaming and arguing with, gotta keep him in check after all

Seriously though its good to see posters from all different tribes big or small. So my thanks to anyone especially new players who come n have a say.

Plus my old apprentice WeekendWarrior is doing well now so be nice to find a new active posting player whom i could mentor
:lol:

DeletedUser8195

Bazza has had a new owner for quite a while now, this is the player that mat is referring to.

DeletedUser4753

Wierdly i find the interviewee's quality of answers in pretty good correlation with their tribe standings, or a new phrase im coining un official rankings.

I rate the top 4 tribes

XpRd
Mask (i woulda put 1st but youd only call me biased ;)
Help!
Tmnt

I also feel the interview answers quality mimiced this.

I think both Cheetah's and the cabbie's answers were detailed but not boring, serious to keep context but not taking it too serious if you get me.

I like the fact how Cheetah did not go on a ego trip despite his tribe under his and his partners leadership (yes cheetah, iso and celestial are actually in a 3 way marriage) have made a tribe and maintained top spot in most ppl's eyes for some time.

I like the fact that the cabbie was also pretty unbiased in his answering of questions and maintains the trait i love about doozy, i cannot for the life in me troll him, (believe me ive tried extensively, agent 47 shall be going down ;) )

After that i would say mat23dover composes himself very well, i actually see help in a new light since speaking with this chap and jimmy white, they still in the position they are, but i more flame help cause they complained about it so much, as apposed to disliking them.
What mat23dover did wrong imo was dodge a question, everyone else managed to answer questions as fully as possible or jokingly told me why would i tell you my tribes weakness, but i was a little disappointed to not have dukes opinion on local tribes, even so was very good otherwise.

Then we come to topdog, now i wouldn't say its a bad interview, and i wouldn't as i aint that rude anywho, but i just find a few answers are a bit misguided. I would guess topdog is a very new player and even newer to leadership, so credit to be duking rank 2 tribe and having a half mil account. Just i think with experience answers would improve.

Is it weird that apparent good leaders seemed to bring their tribes out on top?

Can a seriously brilliant leader have bad luck of the draw and end up in a rank 15 tribe going no where, or do these quality leaders find a way to make it work?

DeletedUser

Then we come to topdog, now i wouldn't say its a bad interview, and i wouldn't as i aint that rude anywho, but i just find a few answers are a bit misguided. I would guess topdog is a very new player and even newer to leadership, so credit to be duking rank 2 tribe and having a half mil account. Just i think with experience answers would improve.

HeHe my turn.

Half a mill account due to barbs and internals yup proves what your saying lack of experience. Childish insults in game proves we are dealing with yet another little boob. Honestly thou without Topdog and his family of Gypo's this world would be boring.

Oh and Topdog account is now run by Ash (old Pac) and TopDog runs Twist and Kev runs Pac, Talk about in breeding to the extreme i mean seriously how do these guys keep up with themselfs?

DeletedUser4753

Lol Rage does the normally critical me in this thread, i feel its not my place to flame as a sign of respect for these peoples time.

But have to say i completely agree, its very odd this family acc swapping, i was confused 1 month ago now i haven't the foggiest,

DeletedUser11655

HeHe my turn.

Oh and Topdog account is now run by Ash (old Pac) and TopDog runs Twist and Kev runs Pac, Talk about in breeding to the extreme i mean seriously how do these guys keep up with themselfs?

hello im ash -im pretty sure topdog acc was mine to start and is still being ran by me, fruit acc is ran by alan(original owner) and pacmon account, well who knows who has that.

an another thing if anyone was offered and easy route or hard route, most would chose easy, exactly what i did, i chose internals and barbs as i like to have a cluster not a spread out all over world acc.

as a cluster my support get to and from quickly if needed.

BARBS FOR THE WIN.

so before you post something stupid like this i suppose you should get your facts right mate haha

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4753

an another thing if anyone was offered and easy route or hard route, most would chose easy, exactly what i did, i chose internals and barbs as i like to have a cluster not a spread out all over world acc.

as a cluster my support get to and from quickly if needed.

BARBS FOR THE WIN.

so before you post something stupid like this i suppose you should get your facts right mate haha

Welcome to forums topdog :)

So we have said route, the route from A to B right.

Now depends how you play tw as to whats your B, cause we all start at A

If your B is say to get a rank 1 account, or be it a very large account. Barb taking is the not the perceived "easy way to do this" in fact i think that style of play if better players are on a world you will find it impossible.

If your B is to create a top war worthy account, you need a large part of the above theory applied, and need to get yourself on a war front, and be en masse their, some players are spread all over the place or end up away from fronts due to diplo/recruiting, a top war account is no good at 100 hour range, either way, barb eating is again no way to do this.

If your B is to be mediocre and play the game for its purposes, be social and if you lose you never really tried, i guess you could take barbs, but then again if we are talking about competitiveness, that sort of player never will be, they will have fun and i guess could play a minor role in tribes of high member limits, but their contributions will always be seriously lacking.

I dont know what else your goal could be, please elaborate what it is, but im pretty sure taking barbs does not make said route to the goal any easier ;)

Barb for teh lose! :D

DeletedUser11655

Welcome to forums topdog :)

So we have said route, the route from A to B right.

Now depends how you play tw as to whats your B, cause we all start at A

If your B is say to get a rank 1 account, or be it a very large account. Barb taking is the not the perceived "easy way to do this" in fact i think that style of play if better players are on a world you will find it impossible.

If your B is to create a top war worthy account, you need a large part of the above theory applied, and need to get yourself on a war front, and be en masse their, some players are spread all over the place or end up away from fronts due to diplo/recruiting, a top war account is no good at 100 hour range, either way, barb eating is again no way to do this.

If your B is to be mediocre and play the game for its purposes, be social and if you lose you never really tried, i guess you could take barbs, but then again if we are talking about competitiveness, that sort of player never will be, they will have fun and i guess could play a minor role in tribes of high member limits, but their contributions will always be seriously lacking.

I dont know what else your goal could be, please elaborate what it is, but im pretty sure taking barbs does not make said route to the goal any easier ;)

Barb for teh lose! :D

well its clear barbs do work as pacmon made rank 1 player eating bards, fruit twist made 2nd taking barbs, bazza made rank 1 with barbs, you made 25th eating players.

BARBS are better.

point proven.

DeletedUser4753

I dont follow the barb eating strategy and wouldnt class myself as top ranks quality,(never arsed to farm)

hap started later and has blooned past all the players you mentioned, hap is not the best player around yet is decent enough at farming and village choice to pull away from pac and fruit before we harmed a hair on thier head.

Its all circumstantial but i think if i asked any previous rank 1 from different worlds of perhaps more competition they would agree full on barb eating is a very poor way to grow.

also, the top ranks guy at start up pre noble is often a mine whoring noob, only after nobles can we start to see able players.
Could the same not be said about start up, if you whore barbs whilst packets are cheap you could grow well, but with reduced farming you caused you have murdered any chance of remaining competitive in the long run?

DeletedUser11655

but im not a barb whore?

if you look at my user file i have took many players out too. and 3-4 of them villages are off you friend cotton:)

DeletedUser4753

imo, (tis just my opinion is maybe im wrong), you have taken too many baby barbs ie sub 7k than would be necessary to maintain optimum growth in your situation, should you survive mask then i expect the ratio of barbs to players swing further in the way of barbs.

Haha im sure cotton will explain the situation behind those villages, not my place to talk for him, what i will say is we at mask have calculated what borrowing those villages over the period you have done means the intrest equates to all your villages, fancy that :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

well its clear barbs do work as pacmon made rank 1 player eating bards, fruit twist made 2nd taking barbs, bazza made rank 1 with barbs, you made 25th eating players.

BARBS are better.

point proven.

Pray tell, how does that prove your point? All of those players lost those ranks, in any case.

DeletedUser8195

Both of you have valid points.

1 - if you can be arsed to farm, you will fly up the ranks.
2 - barb nobling can work if you farm loads, but it is just incredibly boring and there's no point.
3 - Susan Boyle for Prime Minister (I had a third point... But forgot it)

DeletedUser11655

Haha im sure cotton will explain the situation behind those villages, not my place to talk for him, what i will say is we at mask have calculated what borrowing those villages over the period you have done means the intrest equates to all your villages, fancy that :D

i look forward to seeing mask nukes inside my villages having afternoon tea, shame none will return to see another day:)

in all fairness i do not want to argue, some prefer barbs, some prefer players, i prefer both,

its a game after all, im here to have fun, bring on the nukes:)