Top Ten Tribes

DeletedUser

I'm new to the uk servers and not overly familiar with the players and tribes, however, I have been on the. net servers for years and I am sure the traits are similar. That being said, I have found that it is rare that the major tribes in the early game are even around in the later game. Certain tribes like Ins4ne on en37 started strong and have conquered the.world. most other strong tribes such as Wicked, rohan from en37, blackma$$ from en37 and Nugget of en63 have all fell by the wayside. Either getting beaten by better tribes or quite often from within. So, though I don't know the tribes mentioned here I would suspect several, if not most, will be gone in 4-6 months. And if not, beautiful, I'm an experienced player who loves a challenge.

DeletedUser6623

You have been playing net servers too long.

Uk is smaller, and our 'major' tribes are formed within months and majority stay on till late game / conquer the world.
Its rare for the leading Uk tribes to fall or be internally destroyed.
The top 3 tribes you see now will be the ones that stay till late game. Granted its inevitable that 1 will go and we will be left with 2 tribes, but principle still stands.. Uk server tribes adapt faster than Net. tribes as we are a smaller world with less players.

If you have any further questions or queries feel free to mail me ingame: Indecisive Nubs

DeletedUser

I'll be doing a detailed post in this thread tomorrow at some point, when I am back home.

And E-DUB, that's not realistic on a normal world, let alone a limited haul world. Anyone joining a month late, let alone 8-9 months late, cannot expect very good results, regardless of skill. No winning tribe will be formed in the future, some tribes may splinter, but it will be of no consequence to the fate of the world.

DeletedUser

The uk servers are most definitely different than the net servers then. Lol. Thank you for that piece of knowledge. I have only just begun to play on the uk servers.being a.Yankee and all. Lol

DeletedUser

You might find .co.uk isn't to your tastes, I've played both to a fair extent and UK is certainly more relaxed - although the end-game, two horse race starts much earlier. I don't remember the last UK world where there were more than 2 or 3 tribes with potential to win by mid-game. Most worlds develop into stages:

At the beginning you will have 5-8 decent-looking tribes, by mid-game these will have separated into tiers. You will often have the two major tribes that may hold small leads that will occasionally switch, followed by about 3 tribes that don't realistically have a chance of winning, but may be utilised or recruited from by the two major tribes to gain the edge, until all potential is absorbed through conversion or conquering. This is then followed by a rather drudging late-game which I personally find dull and laborious. In some cases, like UK6 and UK10, these two tribes can fight it out for very long durations without either side really breaking the stalemate.

Sometimes this template is broken, UK11 has more tribes of considerable power than most, but that is probably purely due to being larger than UK worlds are nowadays.

DeletedUser

uk11

KEY:
TIR Family: Blue
WG Family: Orange
SAS Family: Pink
KTZ Family: Black
SYN Family: Green
Grim: Red

~TIR~

image.php
Top 5 Players: 5/5
Top 10 Players: 7/10
Top 20 Players: 12/20

Secrets: 7/12

ODT Rank: 1 (106,938,809 ODT)
ODA Rank: 1 (72,496,654 ODA)
ODD Rank: 1 (34,442,155 ODD)
ODA:ODD Ratio: 2.1:1 (Nearest decimal)

Barbarian Nobling Rate: 13.16%

Current Major Wars: SYN|E, SYN|W, SYN|S (disbanded) & SYN|H
Side 1:
Tribes: ~TIR~, *TIR*
Side 2:
Tribes: SYN|E, SYN|H, SYN|W

Timeframe: Last month

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 223
Side 2: 21
Difference: 202

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 1,912,529
Side 2: 169,388
Difference: 1,743,141

chart

Commentary:
~TIR~ is shaping up as KnK did on UK7, their duke, Matt (Cranness) has adopted KnK’s meticulous planning and has taken a tribe that scarcely held on to the top 5 to a very breezy rank one, with a copious gap between rank two, who are also on side with them. ~TIR~ has had a fairly poor reputation thus far, regarding their diplomacy. Early in the game, ~TIR~ and LIFE, shortly followed by W.G, wrecked the leading tribe in their K, Magic, giving them a strong base to work off. This ‘ganking’ was followed by a few unorthodox master-strokes, which meant they attacked LIFE under the allied banner and had K54 wrapped up very quickly.

However, this did not signify the end of their ploys, a similar scenario occurred several months down the line, DEATH taking the role of Magic and the SYN family taking the role of LIFE. They collaborated with W.G and SYN to destroy DEATH, whose core location meant that a backline was an ill-afforded luxury. With co-operation with myself, DEATH’s former duke, DEATH was disbanded. This opened up the prospect of a few new recruits and a heavy solidification of the core, in preparation for their next move – SYN. SYN also collapsed quickly, one duke joining them and the other seemingly going inactive. This conflict still continues, but SYN’s small amount of initial fight has subsided and ~TIR~ take approximately 10.5 villages for every one they lose.

Overall Summary: Their leadership is cunning and brutal, and I feel their scheming has not yet halted. Combined with their accumulated memberbase, I fear that any tribe that stands against them, or is turned on without warning, will have little hope of survival, let alone victory.

Rating: 10/10

W.G

image.php
Top 5 Players: 0/5
Top 10 Players: 1/10
Top 20 Players: 4/20

Secrets: 4/12

ODT Rank: 2 (85,971,839 ODT)
ODA Rank: 2 (57,423,771 ODA)
ODD Rank: 3 (28,548,068 ODD)
ODA:ODD Ratio: 2:1 (Nearest decimal)

Barbarian Nobling Rate: 20.13%

Current Major Wars: SAS & SOS
Side 1:
Tribes: W.G, W-G
Side 2:
Tribes: SAS, SOS

Side 1: 100
Side 2: 24
Difference: 76

chart

Side 1: 871,634
Side 2: 203,389
Difference: 668,245

chart

Commentary:
I can’t say the WG ever stood out to me before their war against SAS/SOS. Until now, they had not had the chance to prove themselves in a genuine war – they have spent a lot of their early-game clustering their home K, K44, which lacked any serious competition. This has led to a lot of small tribes being absorbed and a fair few barbarian villages being taken, and not as many ripe recruitment prospects as ~TIR~ has enjoyed through their assimilations.

A war with the K45-based tribes was always inevitable – I’m surprised it has taken this long to begin – but the outcome has not been what I expected. I had assumed SAS and SOS would have walked over the rather quiet W.G family, but SAS and SOS have not enjoyed a great run of luck, between the disbandment of DEATH and the exodus of their leaders. Under different circumstances, the war may have been different, but with ~TIR~ collaborating their moves with them, it seems impossible to speculate a different result.

Overall Summary: Finally showing their worth after a very serene start, in a good political situation with ~TIR~’s alliance – how long until they are the new prey?

Rating: 8/10

SAS

image.php
Top 10 Players: 2/10
Top 20 Players: 4/20

Secrets: 4/12

ODT Rank: 3 (78,274,648 ODT)
ODA Rank: 3 (46,578,425 ODA)
ODD Rank: 2 (31,696,223 ODD)
ODA:ODD Ratio: 1.5:1 (Nearest decimal)

Barbarian Nobling Rate: 17.79%

Current Major Wars: W.G & W-G and Grim
Side 1:
Side 2:
Tribes: W.G, W-G

Side 1: 24
Side 2: 100
Difference: 76

chart

Side 1: 203,389
Side 2: 871,634
Difference: 668,245

chart

Side 1:
Side 2:
Tribes: Grim

Side 1: 48
Side 2: 39
Difference: 9

chart

Side 1: 432,298
Side 2: 282,067
Difference: 150,231

chart

Commentary:
SAS and SOS are the combination of the early-game favourites, BOGOF, and another, less promising family, Dogg and P-dogg. Ironically, a lot of their better players are from the ex-Dogg family. Early on, BOGOF and DEATH allied to secure the core and the east from various threats, including Titans, BRENT, Dogg and TAFA, with wild success and almost a family tribe link. At that time, they seemed rather unstoppable and the world seemed to be between W.G and BOGOF, with BOGOF being my personal bet for victory.

Although that hypothesis was made flawed between the destruction of DEATH and W.G’s surprising aptitude for the war. Unfortunately, ~TIR~’s crushing victory over SYN will mean that they need to accept the definite fact of a new frontline. Alas, I fear that they will be the next victim and will not be able to hold out, despite some strong names in their membership.

Overall Summary: Virtually leaderless, underperforming and almost certainly soon to take heat from ~TIR~, these initially promising groups of players have the odds stacked against them.

Rating: 3/10 (Based on current circumstances)

KTZ

image.php
Top 10 Players: 0/10
Top 20 Players: 0/20

Secrets: 3/12

ODT Rank: 4 (46,689,256 ODT)
ODA Rank: 4 (27,822,965 ODA)
ODD Rank: 6 (18,866,291 ODD)
ODA:ODD Ratio: 1.5:1 (Nearest decimal)

Barbarian Nobling Rate: 22.01%

Current Major Wars: SYN|E, SYN|W, SYN|S (disbanded) & SYN|H
Side 1:
Tribes: KTZ, K2Z, k3z
Side 2:
Tribes: SYN|E, SYN|H, SYN|W

Side 1: 36
Side 2: 4
Difference: 32

chart

Side 1: 207,715
Side 2: 24,578
Difference: 183,137

chart

Commentary:
This is a tricky one to evaluate, since they do not operate near any major tribes, other than SAS/SOS (allied with), due to their closer proximity to the rim than most. They have a huge gap to fill between themselves and rank three, albeit I suspect if anything were to happen to SAS/SOS – which is probably quite likely – they will most likely jump at the chance to recruit the remnants. They have a large family, which seems quite pointless when they could easily drop K3Z without any effect – especially considering their main tribe isn’t quite up to scratch, as it is.

It’s very curious that an ally of SAS/SOS would jump into a war on the side of ~TIR~, and it leads one to think whether there are larger political implications between them and ~TIR~. However, I know that KTZ and SYN have been at each others’ throats for a while and it is probably just an opportunity for them to share the burden of the war. They have performed surprisingly well, but we need to bear in mind that SYN took a large amount of barbarian villages in KTZ’s immediate clusters, which will have made easy takes.

Overall Summary: I suggest a ‘wait and see’ attitude with these, although it is highly probable that they will just fall into the food category once ~TIR~ and/or W.G borders allow. Also, political implications regarding talks with ~TIR~ may hint at a turn on SAS/SOS when they feel more confident about their odds.

Rating: 4/10

DeletedUser

One great post Pushty but did you have to make SAS pink on the map, well I guess some in the tribe will like it.

Need well going to start and change that 3/10 rating wish me luck ;)

DeletedUser6603

Hehe, I love how you mention the fact we taught Matt everything he knows! He schemes a lot more than what we ever did/do though ;-)

From someone who doesnt play this world, that was a great review Pushty. +rep from me....

DeletedUser

I play from the rim. ;) Most of it is plain to see, being in the core and being the diplomat, I was in the know. :p And thanks! (bow)

Matt's a little schemer, but I'm sure the planning comes from you. :p

DeletedUser6603

I doubt it, Matt was a lazy so and so on W7! A noob to go with it! You watch him moan about me taking the pee out of him on here again lol

DeletedUser

and you will not be unanswered paul :p

i scheme but as most will agree lots of people on w11 do... im nice really :)

also i must state for liam that we never intended to go to war with SYN.. the idea was to stay and fight BOGOF with them and WG but after all the scheming and a few bits of info being passed we felt that we needed to turn on SYN before they turned on us..

We also felt that a 50/50 world would end in a stalemate and be boring so this us war SYN while BOGOF and WG war (which they have wanted for a while) was a good plan to keep the world as active and enjoyable as possible...

when we turned on SYN i also gave up the spies in BOGOF so it would be completely fair for BOGOF warring WG..

matt

ps. to put your mind at rest about KTZ liam.. they are warring on our side yes but they have wanted to go for SYN for a while as the leaders of KTZ didnt exactly like the leaders of SYN at the time and as we were going to attack SYN they jumped at that chance to follow suit :)

but nice post... +1 rep :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What about all the other worlds, we all know the scheming part of TW life.

Your a nice (well I sure you are)

If I look at the problems that BOFOG had well it was leadership.
Jo stepped down why she had her toes trod on, with the alliance with WC.
My guessing is the Council did not have time to talk things over with each other, or some not willing to listen.

Leaders in BOGOF seemed to post that changed all Jo work then leave her there sit.
I not know if that true as I was never part of BOGOF leadership, all I knew is when you posted to other leader you may of well just mailed Jo.

I always hope the leaders would step up but they all left, bet you never seen that before in TW lol

DeletedUser

also i must state for liam that we never intended to go to war with SYN.. the idea was to stay and fight BOGOF with them and WG but after all the scheming and a few bits of info being passed we felt that we needed to turn on SYN before they turned on us..

We also felt that a 50/50 world would end in a stalemate and be boring so this us war SYN while BOGOF and WG war (which they have wanted for a while) was a good plan to keep the world as active and enjoyable as possible...

when we turned on SYN i also gave up the spies in BOGOF so it would be completely fair for BOGOF warring WG..

matt

ps. to put your mind at rest about KTZ liam.. they are warring on our side yes but they have wanted to go for SYN for a while as the leaders of KTZ didnt exactly like the leaders of SYN at the time and as we were going to attack SYN they jumped at that chance to follow suit :)

but nice post... +1 rep :)

Thanks for the insight and the rep. :3 (bow)

I remember Grawler was very angry at Smiggerd, I think Smiggerd and the rest of the KTZ council gave him a lot of verbal abuse over Skype and something about a mother. :p

What about all the other worlds, we all know the scheming part of TW life.

Your a nice (well I sure you are)

If I look at the problems that BOFOG had well it was leadership.
Jo stepped down why she had her toes trod on, with the alliance with WC.
My guessing is the Council did not have time to talk things over with each other, or some not willing to listen.

Leaders in BOGOF seemed to post that changed all Jo work then leave her there sit.
I not know if that true as I was never part of BOGOF leadership, all I knew is when you posted to other leader you may of well just mailed Jo.

I always hope the leaders would step up but they all left, bet you never seen that before in TW lol

Nibbler was always, without exception, your representative when dealing with DEATH. Of course, I can't really comment on the first couple of months, as the alliance would not have been in place. So, in my view, I saw Nibbler as the hard-worker - conducting joint OPs and discussing various matters over Skype, while the likes of Jo and Gotcha were silent.

DeletedUser6603

I know, ive got the comment on skype!

Seems to me that what you've inherited from us Matt is an insatiable desire to always be at war. Never a bad thing! Were warring just about the entire world on W12, you should try the same on 11, its fun :)

Anyways, as an outsider looking in, W11 does seem to be one of the juiciest worlds going. Whether thats down to leadership styles, the limited hauls thing, or the secrets, who knows. Looks to me like there are plenty of wars/games to come yet!

DeletedUser

It’s very curious that an ally of SAS/SOS would jump into a war on the side of ~TIR~, and it leads one to think whether there are larger political implications between them and ~TIR~.

Why is it strange, SYN were our enemies....we were fighting before tir were, you could say TIR jumped into our war.....

However, I know that KTZ and SYN have been at each others’ throats for a while and it is probably just an opportunity for them to share the burden of the war.

This is all down to Grawler and Makaz, we had no plans to fight them until they decided to move into our territory, i know Matt is a great schemer, but these 2 are terrible schemers, they told us the death star was to fight WG, lol, hence the fighting, which started in the build up to the death war and continued through the gap between death and tir&ktz/syn wars.

They have performed surprisingly well, but we need to bear in mind that SYN took a large amount of barbarian villages in KTZ’s immediate clusters, which will have made easy takes.

easy takes?

lets look at the stats shall we, bearing in mind at the start of the tir&ktz/syn war, which these stats are taken from, syn had a massive back line to move support forward and did.

Smiggerd - 10 takes - 1.003.326 od

I think 8 of these were k46 syn, 'easy' barbs.

lets compare to a TIR guy

Grim Reaper 1 - 18 takes 461.790 od,

8 more villages, but alot less oda, we had to work very hard for those villages, they were built up quickly and could pre-noble to stop nuke nobles,

This is not a dig at TIR and is just one example, to show they were not easy takes, looking below me on the war stats.... Me and smiggerd are ranked 11 on oda(war stats) but yet several of the TIR guys just below have more takes for less oda.

again i'm sure some one can evaluate this further and maybe I'm not taking into account retakes etc, I am not sure how they come up on the stats, maybe 100k oda per village is a decent amount, maybe its not, i don't know tbh i don't tend to delve so deep into the stats, i just know it was hard work, I think as a rim tribe we have done well to be were we are, despite the scheming against us, and yes i'm sure more is going on:) such is life

oh also, the Grawler thing, on skype.....about a member of his family, am not saying it is true, but.........i do believe he started with the insults....a bit petty i know.............but every loyal member of the alliance hates death stars!

DeletedUser

Why is it strange, SYN were our enemies....we were fighting before tir were, you could say TIR jumped into our war.....

Perhaps, but you are in the same war, are you not? Why collaborate if you do not want to be affiliated?

This is all down to Grawler and Makaz, we had no plans to fight them until they decided to move into our territory, i know Matt is a great schemer, but these 2 are terrible schemers, they told us the death star was to fight WG, lol, hence the fighting, which started in the build up to the death war and continued through the gap between death and tir&ktz/syn wars.

easy takes?

lets look at the stats shall we, bearing in mind at the start of the tir&ktz/syn war, which these stats are taken from, syn had a massive back line to move support forward and did.

Smiggerd - 10 takes - 1.003.326 od

I think 8 of these were k46 syn, 'easy' barbs.

Only two were built up to an end-game standard.

lets compare to a TIR guy

Grim Reaper 1 - 18 takes 461.790 od,

8 more villages, but alot less oda, we had to work very hard for those villages, they were built up quickly and could pre-noble to stop nuke nobles,

Fair enough, but I have a lot of faith in ~TIR~'s co-ordination, which would have made a preferable lower ODA.

This is not a dig at TIR and is just one example, to show they were not easy takes, looking below me on the war stats.... Me and smiggerd are ranked 11 on oda(war stats) but yet several of the TIR guys just below have more takes for less oda.

again i'm sure some one can evaluate this further and maybe I'm not taking into account retakes etc, I am not sure how they come up on the stats, maybe 100k oda per village is a decent amount, maybe its not, i don't know tbh i don't tend to delve so deep into the stats, i just know it was hard work, I think as a rim tribe we have done well to be were we are, despite the scheming against us, and yes i'm sure more is going on:) such is life

oh also, the Grawler thing, on skype.....about a member of his family, am not saying it is true, but.........i do believe he started with the insults....a bit petty i know.............but every loyal member of the alliance hates death stars!

I've not even been a pivotal player on this world for well over a month, probably approaching two, so considering that - I'm happy with so few and menial points. :p