Top Twenty tribes

DeletedUser

Trying to shift the convo away from the Resist/KTHX threads that have dominated this week I wanted to start a thread on the top twenty tribes of the world, I only have knowledge of a handful so it'll be interesting to see what peoples thoughts are on this.

Rank Tribe name
1 KTHX - Large players, will obviously struggle with the morale rules at the moment but seem to made up of experienced players.
2 RESIST - Again Large players, setup to disrupt KTHX, but is there more too this tribe (personally I don't know but I hope so)
3 WC :) - Seem to be very active and going about their business
4 P.A.G - Lost a couple of big players over the last week
5 WAY
6 win - active had quite a few tribe changes but seem to be growing steadily with good leadership
7 L-S
8 T4H - People tell me this is one to watch, a lot of players also play in the same tribe on other worlds, therefore probably a good group
9 BEDLAM
10 Ashes
11 Deo.
12 SuCk
13 ~SnM~
14 T.N.T
15 #L4D# - Woeful not sure how these are still around, brief skirmish with a tribe a 5th of their side meant 5 of their players restarted, two left the tribe and their diplomat was kicked for getting knock down to 200pts.
16 T-C-A
17 birdys
18 OAKS
19 S.P
20 angels

Caldwellowl

DeletedUser

Rank Tribe name
1 KTHX - The pacesetters with a fairly good spread and well known member base. I've never been led by either Cory or BT but they are held in high regard so as long as they stick around the tribe should be in safe hands.
2 RESIST - Interesting development with a few ex KTHX and BOO! players in their ranks, in the war against KTHX it seems they have come out guns blazing despite being down on the numbers but appears to be highly organized.
3 WC :) - I'm unsure of this tribe, losing their top player must be a big blow but are still in comfortable third. Unfortunately I can't see this tribe lasting once KTHX steps up a gear.
4 P.A.G - Formerly RAM? If so then they have done well growing under the radar but once they war one of the top 2 they will be dispatched easily.
5 WAY
6 win - Steadily climbing up the ranks with a very tight knit of players, may have problem expanding without interfering with the top two tribes.
7 L-S
8 T4H
9 BEDLAM - Shrewd move to be allied to the top tribe but cannot see what they add to the alliance, got quite a weak tail end which needs addressing.
10 Ashes
11 Deo. - Had started well but have been outgrown at an alarming rate in K54, their is a glimpse of promise but can't see them much more than meat in a KTHX/RESIST crossfire.
12 SuCk
13 ~SnM~ - Had started off strong but seem to be dealing with inactives as on a bit of a decline, a bit of a one man band as well and will only continue to slide.
14 T.N.T
15 #L4D#
16 T-C-A
17 birdys
18 OAKS - I have no idea what this tribe is doing as they have villages all over the place and I have easily nobled two villages off them with no response or support incoming to the player whatsoever.
19 S.P - Rim tribe in the west of K54, I have had a few dealings with them and they are distinctly average, only chance of survival is perseverance when everyone else quits.
20 angels

DeletedUser8288

1 KTHX worlds W1N in many ways have recently struggle with moral as so publicly shown on the forums will they over come it time will tell
2 RESIST the rebels of the boo merge much will hinge on if they can keep active engough to fight KTHX and if they can work with others to do it.
3 WC :) seem a good tribe in contol of a K and seem to be growing well maybe a condender for top spot in a few months time
4 P.A.G my tribe you dont need me telling you how good we are
5 win seem a pretty strong tribe nice cluster of them will be intresting if they can kick on and make a push for the top 3
6 WAY seemed to pop up a while ago dont much about them is that a good thing?
7 L-S saw there dukes on KTHX noble claims be intresting to see how that pans out
8 T4H maybe its to late for them to make an impact i think thel give up and lose intrest in a few months
9 BEDLAM allied with KTHX dont really see why but maybe its somthing im missing
10 Ashes like these guys they have a nice cluster can see them being a pain for big tribes

have only done the top 10 becuase my top 20 would all be the same advising them to merge or recuit or just get better.

DeletedUser

So now that some people are actualy visiting the forums, and we enter what I can only call mid-game (as all the start up B3asts dwindle and move on) Lets have a good look at who will be causing the excitment as the world carries on :)

Also I have to wait to send the last noble of a train an extra 2 hours after the first attack!

RESIST

Well those that read the forums will know how RESIST came about and if you dont look see Sparks post here.

Currently rank one tribe.

They have not been in existence long and have had very selective recruitment of players that were already well established in the world. As such their growth graph currently does not tell us much.

17fyv8.png

However the world map shows they are in reasonable good shape position wise, 2 major clusters, tho it is difficult to see how these two clusters will join up without leaving them too strung out.

2je732w.png

An important thing to note about this tribe is that they have the highest average points per villiage showing that they can assure a strong basis to work off. They are 3rd ODA and 13th ODD showing that they are not point whores.

It could be that the quality over quantity approach to recruitment may harm them if they have players go inactive or another tribe decides to organize ops against them.

Early days but looks like a tribe that could well go on to get the win if managed properly.

WC :)

First came to my notice with a bit of toilet humour which if your really that interested in can be found here.

As the growth table shows they had decent growth then suffered a loss that could have been the end of them.... Some good recruitment later..... Ballorond joining has helped re-establish them :)

3478kyb.png

Decent position wise, might want to make sure they recruit or kill anything on the K44 rim in order to push into the world from a safe power base.

zsmlub.png

Ballarond has commented that he joined WC:) as they seemed a decent bunch. With an active and decent player as Ballarond seems in the tribe helping out and a good tribe dynamic they again could be a real contender!

Edit:

Came accross this today!!?? Really? The Sensational Alex Harvey Band (446|429) K44155BarbarianOld Git [WC :)]2011-09-11 - 08:09:41
A 155 point barb?

P.A.G

Dont see much from these on the forums, but when I have a look at their members list I see a lot of players I know can play, play together, and are experianced at this stage of a world.

Steady growth, took a knock but got right back in the saddle.

f4ijya.png

156 odd tribe changes, being too stagnant in tribe turnover can be bad..... but 156 seems a bit high! Would be interested to know if Arc Angel is duke and whats the story here.

Not too sure about distribution, the only real core they seem to have they share with a RESIST core. A NAP or alliance here could be a good move.

f9finb.png

A few question marks but as stated there is plenty of well seasoned players here, will be interesting to see how it goes.

win

Hmmmm 14 member count, I like that :)

Good steady growth, Took on Trebor/Mancuna on the day that account got pluderer of the day which is nice!

wksdbm.png

Decent position, nice cluster to work from.

116mjye.png

Almost the opposite to my feelings on P.A.G all the boxes seem to be ticked, as well as decent OD activity.... Just for some reason im not convinced, maybe its the lowish avg points per player.

KTHX

Well what could be said here.... Possibly lots, I will say little at this stage.

Graph says quite a bit.

2sacrqb.png

Im not going to do a map here, its a pain and there is no need, HTLA is around the core.

As to them as a tribe...... well I dont know if SapSucker is still active, if it is it was co played and active and could help build back up. And im not sure who even plays HTLA anymore.... And BT says he is not a quitter.... So um like, who knows! But if it wasnt a dead tribe I would have expected some recruitment or something by now.....

WAY

It should be noted that there is a a large 4000 point fall here in average points per player to the lowest of those tribes above them. However maybe its a case of slow and steady....

Well maybe not steady, looks like there has been some fun along the way, but growing well.

2irwyh1.png

Looking a bit more indepth there is a large point spread in this tribe with the top 5 being both active and with good figures, however a lot of half active low pointed players here.

2i06rg5.png

Decent core, however I suspect that the smaller players will get gobbled up as they become worth it and the larger players will move to better tribes. Not enough of them active enough to form a decent rim tribe.

L-S

Actualy was in this tribe for a little while but was on the rebound from my previous disbounded tribe, and sulking about something im not allowed to discuss or ill get MOD slapped.... So didnt get too involved. From what I could tell they were quite a commited tribe however with some active players able to support well.

However I believe that the duke has come under constant attack recently and it is a testiment to them that the 7th ranked tribe has the rank one ODD player, a player that is still around with 2 vills!

You can can see their recent problems reflected here.

fanbxl.png

They seem to like keeping 20 members but only 78 changes so not too bad.

14brgp1.png

They have a decent spread, but has the recent excitment been too much for them to recover from anytime soon?

I suspect they may stick around, but not be a serious power for some time, if at all....

Edit:
Luckily for them the last attack I had to wait for mentioned at the beginning of this post .... Was the clearing part of a noble train aimed at one of their players... So now I have 4 nobles on the way with nothing to clear the vill in front of them.... WHY did I do this... got distracted writting the L-S part of this post!! Karma!!

T4H

The 4 Horsemen.... but there is 19 of them?

Good steady growth....

n6disl.png

But the top player has only internalled and there is a player that hasnt gained a single point in a week, K55 tribe, yet to be tested yet to prove they can do anything.

oa40o8.png

SuCk

12th as requested.

Ok lets get the growth graph out of the way with its nice steady rise, consideration should also be given to the fact they have had 26 conquers withnot one voll being taken.

2ugcn4w.png

However I feel a couple of points should be made here... namely...

198 pts
Barbarian Alan18600 [SuCk] 2011-09-08 19:25:59
75 pts
Barbarian Nick57900 [SuCk] 2011-08-28 10:22:15

It is my absolute belief that some barb munching is ok.... But on this world, with these setting.... deffinately not ones with those points. You will spend a lifetime builing them up, building troops ect, while all the time your wasting on that, a bigger player is nobling your main vills. Get Troops noble at least 2.5 k vills.... at least!!

There is a nice cluster to work from as shown by the map, and what I assume are your rim players are active with only one player with questionable activity, cluster position shown on map below.

i69elu.png

As for the future.... The Duke and new rim players better be good, reason?

Well have a look at your top player who is keeping the tribe in the rankings... Then look at the rate he is nobling vills... There is a reason you shouldnt noble too quickly on this world, 1k spear 500 HC and tech level build times/resources? He has no plunderer of the day awards, he has not plundered over 10k vils. I would suggest a period of consolidation here in order for the tribe to grow in the long run.

angels

So a quick jump to the 17th position tribe as it was requested.

As can be seen the growth is ok, took a hit, but worked through it. Actualy half decent nobles as well for a tribe in this positioned.

Actualy Wayned who requested I do this has the only dodgy noble with a 500 pt barb ;)

2jeah1.png

Good activity in the tribe, everyone is building bar one,,,, why isnt he being sat? if your serious about being a top 10 tribe you have to get that avg points figure up!

Spread is good, I wonder if your low member points is rim recruitment.

2mq6o1e.png

Actualy has the potential to be a decent rim tribe. Maintaining activity accross the tribe and good leadership will be key.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You thought wrong, I'll edit in some opinions later on tomorrow

DeletedUser

You thought wrong, I'll edit in some opinions later on tomorrow

Yeh I should have really checked the main forum page for viewers :lol:

I forgot how much doing a forum post like this hurts my head doing it on a laptop. Hopefully by the morning it will be a bit better!

DeletedUser9748

Very nice analysis sgk204, I believe it took you a while to do that :) But please next time, mention my name in it's right form! I have seen many versions (Ballarond, Ballorond, Ballound) but the original is just Ballerond ;)

DeletedUser8288

P.A.G

Dont see much from these on the forums, but when I have a look at their members list I see a lot of players I know can play, play together, and are experianced at this stage of a world.

Steady growth, took a knock but got right back in the saddle.

f4ijya.png

156 odd tribe changes, being too stagnant in tribe turnover can be bad..... but 156 seems a bit high! Would be interested to know if Arc Angel is duke and whats the story here.

Not too sure about distribution, the only real core they seem to have they share with a RESIST core. A NAP or alliance here could be a good move.

good analysis of all the tribes and a lot of time taken me thinks so thank you for that and a fair one of ours as well yes i am the duke i want get into the whole story maybe on something more appropriate.

DeletedUser

Ill do some more and expand on some stuff in the clear light of day this afternoon.

Ill include editing your name in correctly Bal ;)

Arc Angel thanks and +1's are always appreciated, I might ask BT if I can steal his interviews thread, you would be top of the list :)

DeletedUser10140

Im Intrigued to see what, if anything gets said about Angels :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

Im Intrigued to see what, if anything gets said about Angels :icon_confused:

In 17th!! Really!!?? :icon_twisted:

Its cool I do requests, depending how intoxicated I become it should be up later today :)

DeletedUser10140

angels
Actualy Wayned who requested I do this has the only dodgy noble with a 500 pt barb ;)

I have a excuse (if there ever is one for taking a 500 point barb :icon_neutral:) he was an ex member in our tribe but decided to attack me, with spears and swords i might add. after he lost everything i decided to start nobling him, while someone was catting him down :icon_sad: by the time i had eventually nobled him he had gone barb from quiting :icon_confused:

Good activity in the tribe, everyone is building bar one,,,, why isnt he being sat? if your serious about being a top 10 tribe you have to get that avg points figure up!

The player in question is being internalled as we speak :)

Thanks fo your comments :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9936

lol toilet humour? Nicely done sire! +1 just for that! (and a declaration lol)

DeletedUser

Top 20 activity alert:

William Barnett I Joins KTHX.... and pushes them back to 4th! there may be life in the old dog yet!!

And on a plus note I am now second in the tribeless player rankings :)

DeletedUser

As there seems to be a slight shroud of mystery over WC :) I thought I would say hello, I appreciate the hard work going into a forum like this. Have run tribes on other worlds mainly on .net and not for a while. Been on .co.uk for a bit now and started WC :) with a couple of close guys. This just shows the power of talking to your neighbours, we had one guy grow very quickly near us and start the threats...how foolish he was. Myself, sonic-chem and danionski started WC :) with the idea of being "Well Connected", rather than water closet :)

Well connected with good allies, and tribe members alike.

Yes Ballerond is a great addition to the tribe but we developed a relationship before he joined which again shows the value of talking to your fellow TW'ers. Right now I like to think we are comfortable but not complacent. Not everything is as it seems and we are aware that some intelligent tribe merges / alliances can always change the landscape so look forward to this world developing further

Cheers