Tribalwars Rules, new standard version. Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by dabookman, Apr 12, 2018.

Share This Page

1. dabookman

dabookman Community Manager Staff Member Community Manager

Your thoughts and comments will be appreciated here but please note, this is not a ban discussion.

2. strenghts

strenghts Member

so what about co-players most already have
    is it allowed to have them or not.

3. Lord Greg

Lord Greg Member

I very much welcome the inclusion of some of the guidance given to moderators, but experience elsewhere (in RL) suggests that you should make a distinction between what the RULE is and what is guidance (larger/smaller font, italics etc).

I didn't know that moderators needed to be singled out to be told to be polite, but suppose it is important as they represent you.

The message said that these were new and definitive, but don't seem to actually clarify much. Sometimes when there is a revision like this a person in authority with think something has been included when it is not, so things we discuss occasionaly - TW time extension or merging players (with original players present) nobling villages (or just sending nobles) are not clarified. Can we presume that there has been no change of rules / interpretation ?

4. Lord Greg

Lord Greg Member

Rule 1 v:

I. It is allowed to Co-play an account, provided that none of the players have access to another account on the same world. It is allowed for a player to take up a new account on a world where their old account still exists, provided that the old account has been set to deletion, and 24 hours have passed before logging in to the new account. Logging back into the old account for any reason is strictly forbidden.

No change, surely.

5. FunnyPocketBook

FunnyPocketBook New Member

I still don't get
    Users playing from the same device or network (e.g. same household, school, workplace) have to mark this in their account settings under "Shared connection". It does not matter if this happens once or regularly.​
    My university has 20k students and I bet I have already played with some that are even in my lectures but I don't know it.

6. Warlord9

Warlord9 New Member

What happens if 2 people ping off the same mobile phone tower. It’s happened multiple times that I’m aware of. So does that rule mean that if it happens once you will be expected to put them as shared connection for the rest of the world?

7. dabookman

dabookman Community Manager Staff Member Community Manager

We are aware of mobile operators routing multiple users through same ip and we allow for that.

8. Cold-Fusion

Cold-Fusion Well-Known Member

What does that mean?

9. marcus the mad

marcus the mad Senior Forum General Staff Member Administrator

Play using the official browsers in their standard form:
    - Internet Explorer
    - Opera
    - Firefox
    - Chrome
    - Safari
    - Microsoft Edge
    - Netscape Navigator
    - Other...

This means that it's supposed to be the one you can download from their respective product pages.

10. Cold-Fusion

Fair, that's what I presumed it meant. Dunno if its worded badly or I am a fool

11. marcus the mad

Is that a rhetorical question?

12. Cold-Fusion

Its a "thread lightly with how you answer mere mortal"

13. marcus the mad

Not sure what thread has to do with it, though this does not mean I question your divinity. I'm merely a pleb incapable of comprehending this

14. Warlord9

Warlord9 New Member

The new rules are really tripping my OCD.

You are obliged to follow instructions given by the support team. The version's Community Manager is the highest instance. Her/his decision is final.

Every player is obliged to report information on errors and bugs to the support as soon as he/she gains knowledge of them. Failure to do so promptly, especially if advantages have been gained due to the bug/error, may result in punishment.

Controlling another account is only allowed by the "Account Sitting" functionality within the game. Every player is solely responsible for the selection of his/her sitter

Every player is responsible for the validity and security of his/her account and the data entered.

Current Rules

1. If a player doesn't return 7 days after his announced date of return (make sure, there's an ingame proof for it!), his account may be nobled.The sitter has to send a ticket in this case, before the nobling can begin and provide proof of the originally expected return.
    Finally, for me, I'd like to see that this game being on a UK server should be written with proper English rather than American English.

15. Nauzhror

Nauzhror Well-Known Member

"It's not permitted to publish the content of communication with the support team or other players to third parties. "

That pretty much would defeat the entire purpose of the ingame "Forward" mail function.

16. Mr Offence

Mr Offence Member

Likewise reporting people for bad language/abuse/etc.