Tribalwars.uk IRC chat

DeletedUser

Hey guys, just reminding you that the is an IRC chat for this
server. There is many ways to connect to this, but by favorite way is:

1. Connect to this web page: http://www.webchat.quakenet.org

2. Fill in your user name in the "nickname" box.

3. In the channel box, you want "tribalwars.uk".

It will bring you to the main uk chat, where from there you chat with who ever you like "if they are online of course".

Try to use it, it is a fun little place to talk
about stuff, not necassarily only TW ;)

~Poopypop (Ignition)

DeletedUser117

That irc is always dead. . . and Thar scares the hell out of me :/

DeletedUser

Havnt seen him their yet.. Mostly just the usual people from .net

DeletedUser

Havnt seen him their yet.. Mostly just the usual people from .net
[th]That's because we're not officially supporting any IRC channels anymore. The one mentioned above is not any official tribalwars channel.[/th]

DeletedUser

Why does the uk server not "support" anything like this? We dont have have a blog, we aren't supporting IRC... Why?

DeletedUser

[th]Because we tried the IRC channel, which turned out to be some kind of private spam chat. Why should we support such? The number of questions towards admins and mods were close to non-existant. Thus the benefit for the community was close to non-existant. It simply wasn't worth the effort we would need to have to put into.

Blog? Just to copy the "great success" of .net's one? Where the tw.staff needs to run after authors again and again for finally getting yet another comment after several weeks for a specific world to just make something move forward on the blog? Some members have noticed it already, other members may take while longer to realize: World UK2 just has opened. Compare this with 40+ worlds from .net, look at their blog, and then think again about the blogging idea. Whom do you expect to read the 2-4 articles per 4 months in a uk-blog? Sure, it may start with hysterically writing bloggers, but this excitement will slow down pretty soon. Been there, seen that.

If the community would be that much in need of a blog, why didn't anyone start one yet? Why would it need any official "approvement" or "blessings" from the staff? There are tons of tool pages for TW.uk, mapmakers, attack planners etc. All without official seal. The same should count for a blog. Start one, convince us, we would need it urgently alongside to the public forums to entertain the community. And we will think about an official blog once more. Until then we're fed up with receiving mails and reading posts, that the "community needs a blog", which is just a translation of "I cannot become a moderator, may I write some official blog articles instead?" in most of the cases. I'll copycat nike here: "Just do it!".[/th]

DeletedUser

The IRC is good for more than spam, and fromwhat I have learned on .net its a good place to talk about TW. I dont mind if you have a good reason to not support it, and yours isn't horrible so I'll accept it.

I personally am not for starting a blog by myself, but I feel that if someone did, I would definetrly read it.

DeletedUser

I really never understood the need for a blog on .net :s

It's not like much development goes on in this game anyway. Every few months an update or new world gets released..... Meh.

DeletedUser1697

I really never understood the need for a blog on .net

Same here, if you cared about a world, then you would be in it and you'd see everyhting first hand or read it on the forums. The blog is just a pointless waste of time.

If you haven't joined a world, but you used to be in it, you migth want to check how your old friends are doing. Thats not hard TW-Stats, otehr worlds if you join together, forums etc etc.

So the blog isn't needed, those who read it probably think ... wow what a waste of 10 minutes