Trolling/Spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hey guys, I think I need to make a few things clear.

Because the UK worlds are fairly small and the forums are quiet, we moderators have been quite lenient when it comes to off-topic posting. What this practically means is that I don't mind a sensible discuss of Y on a thread about X.

I think that some posters have taken things a bit too far and see it as free reign to post whatever they like. So, here's a few snippets from the rules that you should all be aware of:

Players who deliberately act against the building of a community will be denied access to these forums.

Please post answers/comments that are relevant and relate/refer to the thread topic. If you cannot post a sensible answer it is better to avoid saying anything.

Please do not feed the trolls

All members have the right to report posts made by members of the forum.

And perhaps most interestingly:

Please note that the staff reserve the right to ban or infract players even if they haven't violated the stated forum rules.

Light cases of trolling and/or spam have thus far been let slip, but I'm going to be coming down harder on it in future. I've seen more posts recently than I'm comfortable with that were downright counter-productive to the environment we aim to create here on the UK Tribal Wars forums.

Users who can't post productively and respectfully will be warned, and infracted if subsequent rule-breaches are made.

I'm trying to be straight forward and honest with you all here. Posters cannot hide behind the rules by toeing the lines. The moderators are well within our rights to warn and/or infract for a lot more than we have been, in the aid of creating a pleasant and productive forum experience for everyone.

And yes, I really do mean everyone. Anyone from the humble newbie to the "big egos" and all the types of players in between are encouraged to contribute to the forum and, most of all, to get something positive from their experience.

That's really all I have to say. I hope this post hasn't came across in the wrong way and I really do intend everything I've said here at face value. Feel free to PM me any concerns, and of course we encourage you all to report posts that you feel are offensive, have broken rules or otherwise go against our ethos here.

RhoDoDenDron
(moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.