Troop Points RATIO

DeletedUser

I have seen frequently come across the suggestion that a

2:1 Troops:points ratio is highly advisable.
Are we talking individual troops or villagers required to generate troops.

For example;- Does one Catapult count as 1 or as 8 as eight villagers are rquired to build a catapult, etc?

Hence, would the 2:1 ratio be sfforded for someone on 1600points with
400 catapults or would they need simply 1600 catapults?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I have seen frequently come across the suggestion that a

2:1 Troops:points ratio is highly advisable.
Are we talking individual troops or villagers required to generate troops.

For example;- Does one Catapult count as 1 or as 8 as eight villagers are rquired to build a catapult, etc?

Hence, would the 2:1 ratio be sfforded for someone on 1600points with
400 catapults or would they need simply 1600 catapults?

A catapult counts as 8, though to be honest 2:1 might be decent for the average player but I personally aim for 3.5-4:1. (And to clarify yes, I meant 4 troops per point, not points per troop.)

DeletedUser904

I aim for teh same standards as nauzhror, although going 2:1 isn't all bad, it really depends on your skill level, and teh type of player you are

DeletedUser

I don't really aim my troops anything to do with points, points don't mean much to me, they only show how far your village has progressed. A village with far lower points may have a much better build and ability to make more troops.

I know someone in w1 with around 1.5k points~ and a lvl 24/25 farm :S Thats like 10 - 1 farm pop ^^

Though sometimes it nice to take a look back and see if your at the right level.

I normally aim around 3.5~ - 1 if I'm actually comparing, normally I don't to be honest, I forget points matter that much, apart from village wise :S

DeletedUser2118

I don't really aim my troops anything to do with points, points don't mean much to me, they only show how far your village has progressed. A village with far lower points may have a much better build and ability to make more troops.

I know someone in w1 with around 1.5k points~ and a lvl 24/25 farm :S Thats like 10 - 1 farm pop ^^

Though sometimes it nice to take a look back and see if your at the right level.

I normally aim around 3.5~ - 1 if I'm actually comparing, normally I don't to be honest, I forget points matter that much, apart from village wise :S

Agree with the gist of this. However, having a lvl 24/25 farm at 1.5k points indicates inefficient build order, though that's hard to judge without knowing the start time.

I'm assuming this is the single village stage. If so then the intended goal is to maximize both village stats and troop stats. The moment you start thinking your villager:point ratio should have an impact on your game decisions you've made a mistake.

The best players will be among the first on a server to get an academy (not off by more then a few days) and will have farm lvls 28+

DeletedUser

I'm probably going to regret asking this, as it makes me look pretty stupid.

But when you build you village to the normal 9000-10000 point village, it usually leaves you around 20.000 villagers open for troops. Now given most players do the same build (give or take) for each village, that would give you a max ratio of 2:1 (also give or take) per village. Obviously once you reach say 100 villages those extra 1000 or so troops on each village will add up, and it may be upped to 3or 4 to 1 ratio, but surely you can't aim for that.

Not really a question.