UK 4 End Of Year Awards

DeletedUser

Yet in the end they're still gone... God Dammit :lol:

Wait, so you're saying that you failed all on yourselves?

failure-of-logic-fail-demotivational-poster-1209989155.jpg

Your logic doesn't make sense.

DeletedUser

]Tribe Of The Year:

Bi!- They've had the biggest impact this world, even their disbanding massively changed how the world was going.

Player of The Year:

Lindeking - Few seem to credit him with how long he's held the top. He's also a great team player willing to help whenever he can.

Tribe Leader Of The Year:

I'll go for both Jpmullane and Morning willow here. I think JP's done a very good job with +PEST- and Morning Willow has done great to get a tribe everyone thought would fail so far.

Forum Personality Of The Year:

Onetruth - We've had some of the best PNP's form him, its a shame we havn't had any recently though

Best Avatar/Sig:

Frank Lucas - Its a cool looking sig

War Of The Year:

HYBRID VS +PEST-- I enjoyed this war immensely, so it gets my vote. Was certainly one of the more interesting wars earlier in this world.

PNP Of The Year:

Poetry Anthology - Was very well thought out, maybe a second part could be released?

Tribe Forum Presence Of The Year:

No tribe has actually stood out has having a huge presence on the forum I think. Both WET and =FATE= had a large presecne through Radarr and Olis/jimmy. I'll abstain from this one I think.

DeletedUser8534

Tribe Of The Year - Hard to say really. All have their very own pluses and negatives. WET have stayed around and are number 1 tribe despite almost everybody in the beginning of the world saying we would eventually fall. FATE have proved themselves in anybody they have faced and are obviously respected as are PEST.
However for me even though they are no longer around it would have to be Bi! as they contained probably out of any tribes percentage of members you would have to say well over 80% were of a very good standard(no not immortal adey)
I feel in every other tribe there are members who aren't up to scratch including my own and so thats why I would say they are tribe of the year.

Player of The Year - To be quite honest there has been a high standard of player on this world but unless we have directly come across them how can we name them? Its all well and good saying players from other tribes because they are in the top 5 but unless you have had dealings with them in a warring situation then how can you be possibly be sure? I like quite a few of our top players in WET as no doubt I would say the same if I were in FATE or PEST etc. However in my opinion due to the all round nature of the co-players then I would have to say Smile? whilst in Bi! is the player of the year.

Tribe Leader Of The Year - Again how can you really pick a leader unless you have been in their tribe or at least have some knowledge or facts of what they have done to inspire their members. I would say my perfect leader would be a cross between redleg and scouseseamus both of whom I can relate to almost all of the time. This is not taking anything away from other leaders mentioned but I have no personal experience of being led or working with them so I cant pick them. However seeing as redleg and scouse are not the same player I will controversially choose my original leader from uk1 and the start of this world and that is a player called kaelic. For me he had everything and was able to get even the most lazy and less active players to do whatever was needed.
Was always training and helping you become better at the game whilst having the good diplomatic man management needed when in house fighting may start. Oh and not to forget the ruthless streak to rim ya if ya stepped out of line.
I have no doubt in my mind that had a real life issue meant he could not play the game no more then I would still be with him in his tribe now probably actually fighting WET lol

Forum Personality Of The Year - Adey. Without his posts theses forums would be dead. He does however need to shrink that head of his a little and show some modesty :)

Best Avatar/Sig - Not really into these although I do like my own picture :). Would have to say Doomleaders is prob the best though.

War Of The Year - Seeing as I missed 10 weeks or so of this world and probably a war or 2 then my options are limited. With this in mind I will have to say one I was involved in early on and that is WET against W4R and Bi!. Nobody gave us a chance yet we are still here and still without the respect I believe we deserve

PNP Of The Year - Only just started coming on these forums in November so again restricted to what I have read. Would have to choose the one were Doomleader declared on ZP

Tribe Forum Presence Of The Year - Again not long on the forums but in that time it has to be either FATE or WET so I choose both

DeletedUser7210

Tribe Of The Year - Pick the trbe you thinks been best this year, either through points, personaility or any other way (even include old and gone tribes)
I would rather vote this to be PEST but in all honesty i think it is FATE (regardless of us just coming out of a well fought hard war) they have hit hard, been hit hard and still show true solidarity

Player of The Year - Choose the player you thinks been best this year. Doesn't have to be a top ranking player if you think someones been great in other ways.
XlnX could never have wished for a better squad leader or Baroness

Tribe Leader Of The Year - Who's been the most interesting or best tribe leader? Doesn't have to be duke, can be others with a key role in a tribe.
This has to be without a doubt JPMullane for all he has acheived for the tribe. he has brought us from humble beginnings to being a consistent top contender and with the exception of Bi! disbanding has never mass recruited

Forum Personality Of The Year - Which forum poster has been the most informative, amusing or helpful?
Adellion :icon_sad:

War Of The Year - Which war has been the most interesting, enjoyable or bloody?
Personal perspective was PEST v HYBRID

PNP Of The Year - Which thread has been your favourite?
Ade's leaving speech, although it be short lived. It was heartfelt and genuine

Tribe Forum Presence Of The Year - Which tribe has been among the best and most influential posters?
Bi! when they existed, mainly due to Adellion, Morning star and Battle Axe

sorry if this comes across as iased but i know little of the propeganda, politics and other tribes as i mainly focus purely on my own :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Get your votes in while there's still time, I'm going to total up the results in a couple of days!

DeletedUser7369

Top tribe~ =FATE=

Top Player~ MrLucaBoy ... He gradually excelled on w4 and became a beast

Best Leader~ Talon11 or The pest leader...both have lead consistent tribes throughout the majority of the world

Forum personality~ Adellion or Radarr

Best Sig~ My old one :p

Best War~ =FATE and Bi!...that isnt even debatable

PnP of the Year~ That one about the Vital-Bi! war(10 steps to becoming straight was the thread name i think)

Biggest forum presence~ =fate= easily, some dont post regularly but we're all lurking

Or the pest leader? Hmm I guess I wont be winning many votes for forum presence or memorability
Lol!

DeletedUser8782

Tribe Of The Year - Bi! - Thier just one of those tribes who will stay in UK4's history for as long as the world is open

Player of The Year - Ade on the Smile? account - while grant went walk abouts ade made the account what it was, yes grant and a couple of people got it to rank1 form startup but that was 3 people, when ade was on the account he was battleing for rank1 with rev on his own wwithout grant and came out victorious

[/I]
Tribe Leader Of The Year - JP - without a doubt a born leader always puts the tribe first and is always about to help out when ever he can

Forum Personality Of The Year - Radarr :xmas_cool:

Best Avatar/Sig - DoomDealer

War Of The Year - Difficult tbh this one but ill go with PEST vs HYBRID
[/I]
PNP Of The Year - RIP Carebear ok not a PnP but this was the best thing on the UK4 forums, finding out he had left the building :icon_cool:

Tribe Forum Presence Of The Year - difficult as i reckon it is about even at the moment, but as its over the year it has to go to Bi!

DeletedUser

Tribe Of The Year
=FATE=: constantly at war, consistently strong

Player of The Year
Lindeking: rank #1 means something!

Tribe Leader Of The Year
Smile? (or maybe Ruffus)

Forum Personality Of The Year
So many funny people here, not even going to try to list them all.

Best Avatar/Sig
Jimmy White: for some reason they always makes me smile

War Of The Year
probably the whole Bi! v 404 ... Bi! v =FATE= thing

PNP Of The Year
my STA Animal Cruelty: was funny & worked better than I'd hoped

Tribe Forum Presence Of The Year
Bi!: Adellion made them the tribe to talk about even before 404 had been broken. the fact that he still seems to be fanatically promoting them does make him come across as a bit of a mentaloid, though.

DeletedUser

I'm totalling up all the results tomorrow so get your nominations in quick! Its still quite close in most categories

DeletedUser

Best get in there before midnight......

Tribe Of The Year
PEST =D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Player of The Year
hmmmm matty Battleaxe!

Tribe Leader Of The Year
jpmullane!

Adey!

Best Avatar/Sig
Doom!

War Of The Year
Fate vs Pest + Wet?!

PNP Of The Year
Gna go with the majority 10 steps to becoming straight xD cant remember them all!

Fate?! Maybe just cos i pay attention to what they are saying cos they be arguing with a pestie ;D

DeletedUser

Best get in there before midnight......

Tribe Of The Year
PEST =D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Player of The Year
hmmmm matty Battleaxe!

Tribe Leader Of The Year
jpmullane!

Adey!

Best Avatar/Sig
Doom!

War Of The Year
Fate vs Pest + Wet?!

PNP Of The Year
Gna go with the majority 10 steps to becoming straight xD cant remember them all!

Fate?! Maybe just cos i pay attention to what they are saying cos they be arguing with a pestie ;D

I was in the process of totalling it all up as well :D You only just got there in time!

I'll go back and make changes, still time if some gets their votes in quick!

DeletedUser

Got all the results written up now. Going to post them at 8 so if anyone wants to get their nominations in the meantime then be quick about it!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

UK4 Winners 2010

Now to announce the winners of the UK4 end of the year awards. There's been a lot of variations in nominations with many well deserved mentions. However, here are the champions of each category.

Tribe Of The Year

Winner - Bi! - 6 votes

Bi! just clinched the lead as Tribe Of The Year. Early in the world they dominated the leaderboards and were the tribe everyone was talking about. They took on a multitude of tribes at once and in the end it took leadership problems to fell this tribe. However, some Bi! players are still around in other tribes doing well so they live on in some form!

Also, congratulations to =FATE= for coming a close second with a well deserved 5 points.

Player Of The Year

DRAW - Smile? and Battleaxe - 3 votes

Both Smile? (Adellion and grant) and Battleaxe have 3 votes each so its our first shared award of Player Of The Year! thsi was a very close one with battleaxe getting his final vote in the minutes before posting :D Both have dominated the rankings and had leadership roles in Bi! so very well deserved

This category was very much in contention with a number of players only being one vote behind. Lindeking and Scouseseamus were just a vote behind and have been sitting around the top for a while now. Lindeking currently holds the top spot but the others could equally take it from him in the coming year.

Tribe Leader Of The Year

Winner - Jpmullane - 5 and a half votes

Leader of +PEST- Jpmullane is tribe leader of the year. He's taken +PEST- from not even a top 10 tribe to a top contender. He also managed to keep everything together when Bi! collapsed. He's also been happy to train up noobs and support the tribe. He even got a vote from radarr who didn't actually know who he was!

The other votes in this category were fairly spread about. Redfella, leader of WET came second with votes, followed by Adellion and Morning Willow. People were often very split in this category with a number of half votes being cast.

Winner - Adellion - 4 votes

Winner of the coveted Forum personality of the year is Adellion, who's posted many a time representing Bi! and has been a key poster since the worlds beginning. Although not always liked, he's certainly respected..

This was the closest category with Radarr losing out by only half a vote at the last minute and onetruth just behind with 2 and a half. We've done pretty well as a forum with posters as most are generally likeable and keep things interesting!

Best Avatar/Sig

Winner - Doomdealer666 - 4 votes

Thanks to Chris Miles for making such a cool sig :D

There was a wide range of other liked sigs with another 6 all getting one vote.

War Of The Year

Winner - =FATE= VS Bi! - 3 and a half votes

This was a big war which never quite ended fully. It has evolved in the meantime to become the world war we have today and had a big impact on this world.

In second place there was the +PEST- VS HYBRID war, which was one of the bigger conflicts at the time (eventually resulting in a +PEST- victory)

PNP Of The Year

Winner - 10 Steps to Becoming Straight - 4 votes

Radarrs 10 Step's to becoming straight PNP proved to be this years most popular, signalling the start of a war between Bi! and Vital. This was not one of the biggest conflicts, but the PNP proved to be both amusing and decent propaganda thus deserving to win.

A close contender was onetruth's STA Animal cruelty which was one of the funniest and most interetsing this year despite the lack of stats :D (although the 3 - 0 victory was pretty impressive of course)

Winner - WET - 6 and a half votes

By quite a few votes, WET win Tribal Forum Presence of The Year. Both Olis and Jimmy always have something to add to a thread whether its related or not :D Their leaders redfella and Morning Willow have been vocal, particularly in defence against those who didn't thhink they were going to make it as a tribe.

=FATE= came second with Bi! just behind, two tribes who kept this forum going. As for =FATE=, having Radarr as a poster means you can't fail to be missed :D

Thats the end of the UK4 2010 awards :) Congrats to those who won and basically everyone still playing this world or posting in the forums :D

Happy New Year UK4!

DeletedUser6695

Winner - Radarr - 4 votes

Winner of the coveted Forum personality of the year is Adellion, who's posted many a time representing Bi! and has been a key poster since the worlds beginning. Although not always liked, he's certainly respected..

This was the closest category with Radarr losing out by only half a vote at the last minute and onetruth just behind with 2 and a half. We've done pretty well as a forum with posters as most are generally likeable and keep things interesting!

mistake ?

DeletedUser

Haha, dam you xlnx! :lol:

Oh, and I knew who JP was just never spoke to him really.

Nice to see my PnP to win and came 2nd for forum personality. :icon_cool:

=FATE= came second with Bi! just behind, two tribes who kept this forum going. As for =FATE=, having Radarr as a poster means you can't fail to be missed :D

How kind ;-)

Happy New Year everyone!

+REP

DeletedUser

Congrats to all who won ....

Let's hope this new year brings a forum to which everybody feels they can post in (rather than being asked to produced pnp or having to be on the defensive or explain previous posts)

Let's keep the fun aspect on the externals .. again "well done all"

Happy new year!